OK, Here's Who Is NOT Interested In T.O.

SoFlaJets

from KFFL....

Jets | Not interested in Owens

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:52:26 -0800

Eric Boland, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys), according to a source.

Rams | Just say no to T.O.

Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:37:25 -0800

Jim Thomas, of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams are one of the many teams not interested in signing free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys).

Buccaneers | T.O. a bad fit?

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:10:01 -0800

Chris Harry, reporting for the Orlando Sentinel, says free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys) would not be a good fit for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Owens would have a dominant personality with the team, which, in Harry's opinion, would not mesh well with the current Buccaneers' roster.

Jaguars | Not interested in Owens

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:59:11 -0800

Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said the team is not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys).

Saints | Not interested in Owens

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:26:00 -0800

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton said during a radio interview that the team is not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys).

Chargers | Not interested in Owens

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:15:13 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers are not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys).

Giants | Not interested in Owens

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:03:01 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants are not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Terrell Owens (Cowboys), according to a source.

T.O.?

N.O.!!!!!!!

There is no other way to put this: Shame on you Jets, shame on you, Giants, if you sell your souls to the devil.

The Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in 41 seasons and Rex Ryan has vowed to visit Barack Obama in the White House before his first term is over and Laveranues Coles is a Bengal, but shame on them if they even think about asking a coach-killer and quarterback-killer like N.O. to help them.

Close your eyes and picture the first time Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff or whoever is the starting quarterback at the start of the 2009 season overthrows N.O., or doesn't see him open downfield, or throws to Jerricho Cotchery instead. Woody Johnson can sell those PSLs by fielding a winning team, not a dysfunctional team.

Tom Coughlin and N.O.?

Fuhgedabouddit!

If Jerry Jones can read the writing on the wall, do you really think John Mara and Steve Tisch will force N.O. on Coughlin and Eli Manning? The Giants won their third Super Bowl with the team concept. Case closed.

The Giants were enablers for Plaxico Burress when they looked the other way and gave him the big bucks before the 2008 season began and paid the price, all right. Now, as they keep their fingers crossed that he will not go to jail, that he returns scared straight and rehabilitated . . . or fetches value in a trade . . . it is no time to let the inmates run the asylum. Trust me, this time Kevin Gilbride will be the one throwing punches on the sidelines. N.O. generally isn't a problem off the field - except when he ingests too many diet pills or does sit-ups in his driveway - just on the field, and in the locker room.

N.O. ruined the Cowboys. They didn't win a damn thing with the guy. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. He drove Jeff Garcia mad in San Francisco. Then Donovan McNabb mad in Philadelphia. Finally, Tony Romo mad in Dallas. Along with Jason Witten and Jason Garrett.

He isn't worth the trouble. The only people begging for his arrival are tabloid editors. And probably A-Rod, who could use a soap opera comrade-in-arms.

All that aside, N.O. is a declining player. He is 35 years old. The Jets, who pick 17th, can find a quality wide receiver (Hakeem Nicks, Darrius Heyward-Bey, maybe even Jeremy Maclin) in next month's NFL Draft. And it is such a bumper crop that the Giants, who pick 29th, will be able to land one as well.

And if Browns coach Eric Mangini is looking to unload Braylon Edwards, both local teams ought to be interested. Edwards was plagued by the dropsies a year ago, but he is a rare talent who would wel come a change of scenery.

Ryan needs a quar terback, not a quar terback- killer. He won't get to the White House thinking N.O. will be shaking hands one day with the presi dent (or, sob bing, "That's my president!"). He'll get to the out house instead.

steve.serby@nypost.com

Thanks SFJ. He's a cancer in the locker room.

Watch what happens when New England signs him-all the geniuses will be falling all over themselves saying what a great move it is, and will justify themselves in picking the Pats (once again) for the SB favorites

Remember, the Pats ARE looking for another receiver since Gaffney bolted. Could you guys imagine Moss and Owens on the same team with Welker in the slot? It would either be the greatest passing attack in history or a total implosion-no in betweens.

Watch what happens when New England signs him-all the geniuses will be falling all over themselves saying what a great move it is, and will justify themselves in picking the Pats (once again) for the SB favorites

Remember, the Pats ARE looking for another receiver since Gaffney bolted. Could you guys imagine Moss and Owens on the same team with Welker in the slot? It would either be the greatest passing attack in history or a total implosion-no in betweens.

Um.....you do know that the Pats are the kind of team that doesn't tell the media much - good news or "bad" news. Just because they aren't on the list doesn't mean they aren't on the list, you know? Add the Pats to that list. No way TO will be able to employ the Patriot Way: keeping his mouth shut and towing the company line.

BTW - they Traded for Lewis yesterday. Effectively making him the new Jabar Gaffney.

Um.....you do know that the Pats are the kind of team that doesn't tell the media much - good news or "bad" news. Just because they aren't on the list doesn't mean they aren't on the list, you know? Add the Pats to that list. No way TO will be able to employ the Patriot Way: keeping his mouth shut and towing the company line.

BTW - they Traded for Lewis yesterday. Effectively making him the new Jabar Gaffney.

and what, Randy Moss wasn't considered the same before he got signed? He was standing around the sidelines stoned, refusing to even play at Oakland.

and what, Randy Moss wasn't considered the same before he got signed? He was standing around the sidelines stoned, refusing to even play at Oakland.

Terrell Owens is 100% worse than Moss.

I did not know about the "being high on the sidelines" thing though. Thanks for letting me know! You have some awesome inside sources!

:rolleyes:

ehh, for all the guy's talking off the field, the one thing nobody can say about him is his heart on the field, he never gives up on a play, even when he isn't the target. That is a LOT more then could be said for Randy Moss before he was signed. And let's not forget Moss wore his welcome out at a few teams before landing with the pats. Everyone seems to forget what a dick Moss was before being a patriot. It scares me but i do think TO to the pats is a possibility.

I did not know about the "being high on the sidelines" thing though. Thanks for letting me know! You have some awesome inside sources!

my inside sources? Two eyes...that last game of the season he was obviously high, laughing while his team was losing against the Jets (we talked about in threads after the game).

That's also the game that Moss waited outside the Jets LR for Chad asking him to "get me outta here".

do not agree with this whatsoever. It is known that moss would constantly give up on plays if he was unhappy, and moss got himself tossed from a bunch of teams as well. I really believe TO's antics are 80% due to him just wanting to win plain and simple. The guy does bust his ass running routes and blocking, and has gone as far as signing team waivers to play injured. And the guy kinda has a point in Dallas, when he gets the ball the team wins, when he doesn't they don't. He is wrong to be public about it and the way he carries himself, but look haw the cowboys are going nowhere with a crap coach and an owner who meddles too much. TO wants to win, Moss wants his stats. Moss on any team other than the pats is a total nightmare and 100x worse than TO.

do not agree with this whatsoever. It is known that moss would constantly give up on plays if he was unhappy, and moss got himself tossed from a bunch of teams as well. I really believe TO's antics are 80% due to him just wanting to win plain and simple. The guy does bust his ass running routes and blocking, and has gone as far as signing team waivers to play injured. And the guy kinda has a point in Dallas, when he gets the ball the team wins, when he doesn't they don't. He is wrong to be public about it and the way he carries himself, but look haw the cowboys are going nowhere with a crap coach and an owner who meddles too much. TO wants to win, Moss wants his stats. Moss on any team other than the pats is a total nightmare and 100x worse than TO.

Disagree all you want. It's laughable, but it is what it is. I mean, TO never wants stats - he's a team guy - he never drops balls either - never calls out a QB - never publically argues with coaches, never gets jealous when another teammate - especially a TE - gets more attention - I mean, TO is THE MAN!

But I will say, your view says a lot about Jets fans. I'm pretty sure you were all hit in the head with the same rock. Weird. ;)

Am i wrong? Has the guy ever given up on the field?

I beleive he did plenty of that in Oakland. If you played for Al Davis and that cluster-eff of an organization - I suspect you would to. Me thinks Randy learned his lesson. He goes to Okaland for the big bucks - only to come to NE for low bucks and the chance to resurrect his career. Did you know that Randy just re-worked his contract to allow the Pats to sign Taylor this past weekend. I wonder if Mr. Popcorn would have done that.

you could be right. but back to kansas city, don't you think bowe will flourish this year with cassell as his qb? its certainly a lot better than huard or croyle.

Oh most definately but it would sure help to have TO on the other side of the field.

I beleive he did plenty of that in Oakland. If you played for Al Davis and that cluster-eff of an organization - I suspect you would to. Me thinks Randy learned his lesson. He goes to Okaland for the big bucks - only to come to NE for low bucks and the chance to resurrect his career. Did you know that Randy just re-worked his contract to allow the Pats to sign Taylor this past weekend. I wonder if Mr. Popcorn would have done that.

He did it in NE this year when Brady went down. I'm sorry, but he just plain dogged it at times early on with Cassel at the helm. If he isn't the central focus of a play he does nothing at all on the field. He doesn't block, he doesn't make the effort to sell a route when he's not the target. He is useless until the ball is coming his way. He throws his hand up on almost every play and once it's clear it's not coming to him he just stops. He's a dog. He was a dog in MIN, he was a dog in OAK, and he's a dog in NE. When the ball comes his way there's probably nobody in the league more talented, but otherwise he is useless.

TOm, for all his faults, gives 100% on every single play whether it's coming to him or not. He blocks, he sells routes, gives up his body.... He's far more vocally destructive than Randy, but to say that TO is 100 times worse that Randy overall is just homer nonsense.

We should be interested in T.O.

He more than makes up for the "cancer" stuff with the production on the field. He would be a great addition to this team.

Well, your certainly entitled to your opinion but its a dead issue now, jets said no, and there's no way Rex is the type of coach to bring in a headcase like TO. He also lead the league in dropped passes last year i believe.

Meanwhile the Pats are on the short list of teams who want him, should we be nervous if he ends up with them?

He did it in NE this year when Brady went down. I'm sorry, but he just plain dogged it at times early on with Cassel at the helm. If he isn't the central focus of a play he does nothing at all on the field. He doesn't block, he doesn't make the effort to sell a route when he's not the target. He is useless until the ball is coming his way. He throws his hand up on almost every play and once it's clear it's not coming to him he just stops. He's a dog. He was a dog in MIN, he was a dog in OAK, and he's a dog in NE. When the ball comes his way there's probably nobody in the league more talented, but otherwise he is useless.

TOm, for all his faults, gives 100% on every single play whether it's coming to him or not. He blocks, he sells routes, gives up his body.... He's far more vocally destructive than Randy, but to say that TO is 100 times worse that Randy overall is just homer nonsense.

Terrell Owens is 100% worse than Randy Moss. I'm saying it, I'm typing it and I'm sticking to it. Jets fans can be the blind sheep that ESPN covets and loves.....I know better.

but he took plays off in Minnesota also

Terrell Owens is 100% worse than Randy Moss. I'm saying it, I'm typing it and I'm sticking to it. Jets fans can be the blind sheep that ESPN covets and loves.....I know better.

yea WE'RE the blind sheep homers huh? Go on over to JI and read Tex's thread there explaining exactly why he prefers to post on a Jets MB than a Pats fan board and get back to us K?

Had the Jets taken Chad's advice and signed him before you guys did we all KNOW what you'd be writing about him today-there is NO DOUBT in my mind.

Boozer76's post in this thread nails it completely

PatsFanTX

Look in the dictionary under the word TROLL and my picture is there.

Why PatsFanTx Posts On JI

Jesus H. Christ, I just got done reading some threads on PatsFans.com and I swear, they have a bigger circle jerk going on than you guys do.

One thread had Shawn Springs solving the Pats CB problems and another thread had Greg Lewis as the next Pats 1,000 yard receiver.

I can formulate my own opinions as what is RIGHT with my team, but what I want to know, is what is WRONG with my team.

You guys do a damn good job telling me that.

That's why I post here.

Archived