Pedroia and Youk are bad Americans

Blackout

The Sawx write their checks.

THE WBC is a total sham.

Would love to see Jeter come down with a sprained whatever and get to Tampa ASAP.

For real.

Plus the Japan coach had Dice-K throw 85 pitches the other day. WTF?

To think some American baseball players voluntarily went to war for their country. Now most won't even play baseball for it.

Back up. The Olympics and this WBC sham are not the equivalent of war. The US team is not the Marine Corps. The Japanese and Cuban teams aren't invading us. The WBC is a joke of a tournament that couldn't outdraw a Marlins game in Miami or outrate what ever else was on cable.

Why is the WBC a joke? Please Explain...

I like MLB. That's the best baseball in the world. All of these guys should be back with thier teams getting ready instead of this nonsense.

Pitch counts? Plus these guys are going hard at a time they probably should be just getting their work.

I like MLB. That's the best baseball in the world. All of these guys should be back with thier teams getting ready instead of this nonsense.

Pitch counts? Plus these guys are going hard at a time they probably should be just getting their work.

I call bull****... these guys are pro's they can handle it... and if they cant I would not want them on my team... if they cant run the bases without getting hurt this month... they cant do it any month.

Pitchers I can understand taking it a little easy on...

If the US was undefeated would you feel the same way?

Its great for baseball... exposure around the world and a good way to get everyone in the mood prior to the season...

and finally... last but not least... this should have a few of the guys playing above others who took it easy all spring...

Kevin Youkilis has been diagnosed with tendinitis of the left Achilles' tendon in addition to a mild ankle sprain.

Suffice it to say that Youkilis won't be returning to the World Baseball Classic. He'll wear a protective boot for the remainder of this week and is expected to be sidelined for 5-7 days.

And Pedroia is just starting to take batting practice again.

I call bull****... these guys are pro's they can handle it... and if they cant I would not want them on my team... if they cant run the bases without getting hurt this month... they cant do it any month.

Pitchers I can understand taking it a little easy on...

If the US was undefeated would you feel the same way?

Its great for baseball... exposure around the world and a good way to get everyone in the mood prior to the season...

and finally... last but not least... this should have a few of the guys playing above others who took it easy all spring...

If the US wins, do we get free Dr. Pepper or something? The world has change a whole bunch since Lake Placid in 1980. And this isn't close to that.

Couldn't care less. I'm not watching it. I want to see Jeter in pinstripes and if he gets hurt during this jerkfest, I'm gonna be pissed. Plus wonder how he's going to feel come August after spending this month playing this hard as opposed to a care free few innings every day in Tampa.162 games is long enough without this nonsense.

If the US wins, do we get free Dr. Pepper or something? The world has change a whole bunch since Lake Placid in 1980. And this isn't close to that.

Couldn't care less. I'm not watching it. I want to see Jeter in pinstripes and if he gets hurt during this jerkfest, I'm gonna be pissed. Plus wonder how he's going to feel come August after spending this month playing this hard as opposed to a care free few innings every day in Tampa.162 games is long enough without this nonsense.

You really think MLB players are that soft? They cant handle these games?

I think these games help them... they can actually get going instead of jerking off all spring...

You really think MLB players are that soft? They cant handle these games?

I think these games help them... they can actually get going instead of jerking off all spring...

No. But again come August these WBC guys are going to be exhausted. Watching some of the day after night games the last 2 months of the season is pretty bad alreadyw ithout this. These guys have added to their collective workload. It's not so much a question of health as opposed to a long season that is lengthened by the WBC.

No. But again come August these WBC guys are going to be exhausted. Watching some of the day after night games the last 2 months of the season is pretty bad alreadyw ithout this. These guys have added to their collective workload. It's not so much a question of health as opposed to a long season that is lengthened by the WBC.

You act as if they would be doing absolutely nothing...

How many spring training VS WBC innings are we actually talking? It cant be many... plus I am sure they aren't doing much other training on the road... all said and done it could be less work...

You act as if they would be doing absolutely nothing...

How many spring training VS WBC innings are we actually talking? It cant be many... plus I am sure they aren't doing much other training on the road... all said and done it could be less work...

4 innings a game difference for position players and it decreases over the spring...

Its not the end of the world these guys are playing 9 innings. And these guys are professional athletes, they should know how to prepare for the regular season while being involved in this meaningless tournament.

4 innings a game difference for position players and it decreases over the spring...

Its not the end of the world these guys are playing 9 innings. And these guys are professional athletes, they should know how to prepare for the regular season while being involved in this meaningless tournament.

They are nto all playing 9 innings every game... Jeter gets pulled sometimes...

Either way... I think it is good for them to get going early... its meaningful to them,.... gets their head in the game... and their body...

Well then, you certainly are qualified then to be judging it as a "sham" :rolleyes:

Agree. This is a glorified exhibition series that fans try to make too much out of.

Beltran and Delgado both came back exhausted once eliminated. I'd prefer if this nonsense never existed in it's present format.

I like it, but I'd rather see it AFTER the regular season. Unfortunately, all the major leaguers would blow it off, then. They do it now because it gets them out of spring training.

I wonder why they do not stagger it like European Soccer Cups and Davis Cup.

Have a 40 man National Team like soccer and call players up to play a game every month throughout the season.

Group Play in March-April and May.

Quarters-Semis and Finals through the final months or even early in the playoffs.

I know the practicality of it in near impossible, but before or after both have issues. Playing during the season as long as the same players are not tapped every time is somewhat feasible.

Back up. The Olympics and this WBC sham are not the equivalent of war.

Um, that's the point? If you're not even going to play 10 baseball games to represent your country, you're probably not going to even think about going to war for it. Whether you guys like it or not, that's what these guys are doing, representing their country.

How many games will they end up playing? What, like 9 or 10 games? How many spring training games have been played already per team? Nearly 20 by now.

The World Baseball Crapsic is a joke. LATROY MOP UP HAWKINS IS ON TEAM USA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Pitch counts? No reserves on a bench when David Wright smashed his toe? Mercy rules? The last time I saw this nonsense was in little league. Somebody also needs to inform Arod and NIck Punto that Washington Heights is not in the Dominican Republic and San Diego is not a small town in Italy so start playing for the correct country.

If the players and organizations wanted to take this seriously like the world cup it could truly be something special, but its very difficult since the MLB season spans so long. But what we have now is an overhyped exhibition.

I did watch some of the Japan games to watch Yu Darvish pitch. He is the goods.

Same thing happens in the World Cup and the Olympics. There are innings limits and a mercy rule in Olympic play, and a few Germany's best soccer players are actually born in Poland. Same goes for a few of England's players, who are actually Irish. I also remember reading that Freddy Adu could play for either US or Ghana.

Same thing happens in the World Cup and the Olympics. There are innings limits and a mercy rule in Olympic play, and a few Germany's best soccer players are actually born in Poland. Same goes for a few of England's players, who are actually Irish. I also remember reading that Freddy Adu could play for either US or Ghana.

I dont agree with a lot of the World Cup nonsense either, but at least you have to be a citizen for the country you will represent.

There is a lot of shaddiness with the World Cup qualifications, but I do believe the rule is you have to at least be a citizen of the country you play for. Which I dont really agree with, but at least those guys are living in the countries they are representing.

That's a good point... so yeah, I agree with you, but I believe A-Rod has duel citizenship, he grew up in both the Dominican and Miami. Guys like Nick Punto is a different story. He's probably never been to Italy.

I dont agree with a lot of the World Cup nonsense either, but at least you have to be a citizen for the country you will represent.

In the loosest definition.

David Regis was married to an American woman and because of this was able to play for the US Men's team.

The one thing they do is once you play for a team you can not flip flop like A-Roid.

In the loosest definition.

David Regis was married to an American woman and because of this was able to play for the US Men's team.

The one thing they do is once you play for a team you can not flip flop like A-Roid.

Yes that makes sense. Once you start to play for a country STAY with it.

Yes that makes sense. Once you start to play for a country STAY with it.

How about Ian Snell? African American, born and raised in Delaware by his mom and Puerto Rican step father, married to a Puerto Rican and pitched for Puerto Rico. :D

He did better than all of the American team starters too.

Archived