RUMOR: Patriots/Bills to kick off 2009 MNF Opener ~ ProFootballTalk.com

Anyone who thought New England wouldn't have been the SNF or MNF game is moronic. Tom Brady's return HAD to be on Prime Time. HAD to be.

As for what this means for us...

Well New England will be donning their throwbacks against Buffalo Week 1 and against the Jets for the second time (teams can only wear throwbacks twice a season). So if the games in New England, it will be Pats @ Jets for the throwback game, if its in Buffalo, it will be Jets @ Pats for the throwback game. Jets are coming out with road Titans of NY jerseys which they will wear once on the road (in Buffalo or New England) and wear the blue ones they wore the last two seasons once at home (against Buffalo, Tennessee as the Oilers, or New England).

That seems kind of strange. If I recall correctly, they said that weeks 3 and 6 would be the throwback games, but the article is suggesting it could happen in the opener.

Guess they would change the throwback weeks to weeks 1 and 3 or 1 and 6, because I remember hearing the exact same thing.

:face:

If Carson Palmer can make it back from February to September, Tom Brady can make it back from September to September.

carson did not get hurt in Feb

it is my gut feel that mumbles isn't playing him until he believes his knee

is 100%

carson did not get hurt in Feb

it is my gut feel that mumbles isn't playing him until he believes his knee

is 100%

Carson got hurt in January, you're right.

So January-September, still giving Brady 4+ months more worth of time, and Palmer had more wrong with him.

Brady's knee will be 90-100% by Preseason, and Belichick will play him.

He would've kept Cassel if he really wouldn't play Brady until he was 100%.

So January-September, still giving Brady 4+ months more worth of time, and Palmer had more wrong with him.

just my gut and yes it is big

And Galloway would have went to Pittsburgh instead if he didn't know for sure that Brady will be ready.

And Galloway would have went to Pittsburgh instead if he didn't know for sure that Brady will be ready.

yeah i'm sure joey looked at doctor's report and i'm sure the pats said

would we lie to you joey? :D

besides joey is old over the hill wr who is an non-issue

Thats dead on.

Brady will likley wear a knee brace as well.

yeah i'm sure joey looked at doctor's report and i'm sure the pats said

would we lie to you joey? :D

besides joey is old over the hill wr who is an non-issue

An old over the hill WR who wants to win a Super Bowl and wouldn't have gone to a team that wasn't going to have their franchise QB back at 100% when he was already in contract discussions with the Steelers who have a healthy (although not even in the same league as Brady) quarterback.

An old over the hill WR who wants to win a Super Bowl and wouldn't have gone to a team that wasn't going to have their franchise QB back at 100% when he was already in contract discussions with the Steelers who have a healthy (although not even in the same league as Brady) quarterback.

Joey is a JAG or a bag of donuts...whatever turns you on

Hmm I wonder how many primetime games the Jets will get this year.

I was happy last year since I got to see a lot of our games. I called it the Favre factor. Without Brett this year I don't know what I'll get to see outside of the 2 Bills games.

I was happy last year since I got to see a lot of our games. I called it the Favre factor. Without Brett this year I don't know what I'll get to see outside of the 2 Bills games.

I'm sure at least one of the Jets/Patriots games will either be on Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night or the 4pm Nationally Televised Game Of The Week. Every single season at least one Jets/Pats game is slated in one of those four time slots, with the other usually being a 1pm game.

I may be the only person who is not a fan of the old uiniform. Don't get me wrong. I love the color red - it's my color. I even have a soft spot for the kneeling Patriot who looks constipated. The thing is - Flying Elvis has been good to me. I don't think Flying Elvis is good looking - not by a long shot. I like red better than Navy Blue and at least squatting, constipatated Patriot looked like something. Now we have Flying Elvis. Freaky. But you know what? Flying Elvis has been good to me. Flying Elvis loves me back. I'm sticking with Elvis.

The game is at 7:00pm? In that case, I'll be there!

And that can also serve as Bart Scott's target!

Bernard Pollard is a UFA in 2010!

Keep an eye on that development Tanny!

Wait...are you insinuating that you would approve of dirty play by Jets players? INCONCEIVABLE!!

The Pats have an 11 game winning streak against the Bills (last time Bills won was 9/7/03 at home to start the season).

I would say the Bills are due, but they absolutely suck against the Pats.

Boston Globe is saying it's a Pats home game. That's awesome. Leave work at 3:30pm - and get home by midnight. That works.

Where did you read that?

It states it isn't sure if its in NE or BUF.

Archived