Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vote Count

JMJ (3) JVOR, JIF, Irish

I'm flattered. One of you posted, "If you go back and read through his posts, only three of them contained any real substance." That is 3 more than I had thought did! :D

I'm just a mafia game rookie who is trying to take it all in. Since I saw some heat getting put on the inactive players I was like, "Sh1t. I better start posting some stuff." But then I was like, "Well, WTF do I post?"

So I attacked BG a little, EY a little, etc. Other than that, just been trying to fly under the radar while still being on the map.

Didn't JMJ just have a kid? Anyways, I still can't commit to my vote yet. I have a strong feeling about someone yet I know it's too early to feel that way. Just want to see how the rest of the day develops

Sharrow pointed out the flaw in this logic earlier, and I agree. To me, even if you're innocent, who's been defending you doesn't really mean anything. Four people have voted for you, and while I haven't voted for you, I found your early posts to be suspicious. So that's already 5 people who thought something was going on with you. From my point of view, as an innocent player I was suspicious of you, so it makes sense to me that other innocent players would also find you suspicious. I would be absolutely shocked if everyone voting for you early on turns out to be scum. I would also be surprised if Norway, AVM, and Shutout are all innocent (although that's statistically more possible) because it would also make a lot of sense for a guilty player to try to align himself with an innocent player early on - so that if you are the first person lynched, and you turn up innocent, they aren't a part of that first group of townie-lynching people.

While this is definitely true and helpful when looking back later in the game at who voted for who, it doesn't hold much water with the first vote. In fact, I'd be surprised if there weren't 2 scum (out of 10) that vote to lynch the first person.

Sharrow pointed out the flaw in this logic earlier, and I agree. To me, even if you're innocent, who's been defending you doesn't really mean anything. Four people have voted for you, and while I haven't voted for you, I found your early posts to be suspicious. So that's already 5 people who thought something was going on with you. From my point of view, as an innocent player I was suspicious of you, so it makes sense to me that other innocent players would also find you suspicious. I would be absolutely shocked if everyone voting for you early on turns out to be scum. I would also be surprised if Norway, AVM, and Shutout are all innocent (although that's statistically more possible) because it would also make a lot of sense for a guilty player to try to align himself with an innocent player early on - so that if you are the first person lynched, and you turn up innocent, they aren't a part of that first group of townie-lynching people.

Yet to be determined.

Unvote - Irish

Vote - Dan

I'm flattered. One of you posted, "If you go back and read through his posts, only three of them contained any real substance." That is 3 more than I had thought did! :D

I'm just a mafia game rookie who is trying to take it all in. Since I saw some heat getting put on the inactive players I was like, "Sh1t. I better start posting some stuff." But then I was like, "Well, WTF do I post?"

So I attacked BG a little, EY a little, etc. Other than that, just been trying to fly under the radar while still being on the map.

Is this supposed to be a defense?

You're not supposed to tell anyone you're TRYING to fly under the radar. :rolleyes:

Eh. Doesn't sound like a defense, but I don't think it sounds guilty either. Naive maybe, but not guilty.

You're not supposed to tell anyone you're TRYING to fly under the radar. :rolleyes:

Eh. Doesn't sound like a defense, but I don't think it sounds guilty either. Naive maybe, but not guilty.

You sound pretty certain about that. Do you know something we dont?

I have nothing to "defend" at this point so I'd say, "no it was not." It is just that from the time I last logged on at 7pm last night till I first logged on at 7am this morning I went from having 0 votes to 3 votes. Just saying that I was flattered (which I was) and giving me side of the story.

Would it have been in my best interest to end the post with, "Trust me."? ;)

I have nothing to "defend" at this point so I'd say, "no it was not." It is just that from the time I last logged on at 7pm last night till I first logged on at 7am this morning I went from having 0 votes to 3 votes. Just saying that I was flattered (which I was) and giving me side of the story.

Would it have been in my best interest to end the post with, "Trust me."? ;)

LOL

Trust me is a brilliant tactic and if those *******s would have listened to me, I could have helped them win the game.

So explain to me your opinion on Slats? You voted him with no explination.

LOL

Trust me is a brilliant tactic and if those *******s would have listened to me, I could have helped them win the game.

So explain to me your opinion on Slats? You voted him with no explination.

I did give an explanation in an earlier post. He mentioned a (potential) serial killer role in the game when at this point there is no reason to believe there is one in this game. Also, he is a rookie like me. I had no clue there were even such things as serial killer roles in these games til he made mention of one for no reason. If he's a rookie that never played, where does something like that come from? Could he have read past game threads? Sure he could have. I did too in an effort to try and learn a few things prior to playing this my first game. But with the VERY minimal info we have on anybody at this point, he to me seems the most suspicious.

I did give an explanation in an earlier post. He mentioned a (potential) serial killer role in the game when at this point there is no reason to believe there is one in this game. Also, he is a rookie like me. I had no clue there were even such things as serial killer roles in these games til he made mention of one for no reason. If he's a rookie that never played, where does something like that come from? Could he have read past game threads? Sure he could have. I did too in an effort to try and learn a few things prior to playing this my first game. But with the VERY minimal info we have on anybody at this point, he to me seems the most suspicious.

I said similar things. I didnt know what the F I was doing in my first mafia game and I did research...still couldnt give any advice as to the make up of the game.

Hmmm... If you read the previous game threads, you would've seen rogue killers in each. These comments raise my suspicion level on you, quite frankly. You're innocent of having any idea despite reading thru the first two games... ?

And again - If there is a "serial killer" in this game, who would know it but the serial killer? And Why would that serial killer then bring it up? I don't understand the logic the hoists suspicion on me, unless you suspect I'm an idiot. Which I can accept, I suppose.

The bolded seems very scummy to me. You read the past game threads, with rogue killers/serial killers but have no clue they exist? And you FOS Slats for doing the same research?

FOS - JMJ

Hmmm... If you read the previous game threads, you would've seen rogue killers in each. These comments raise my suspicion level on you, quite frankly. You're innocent of having any idea despite reading thru the first two games... ?

Easy (serial) Killer.

I did read the through some of the first two game threads, I would say about 15 pages or so in each. And by that point in either thread, there was no mention of any type of rogue killer roles. Are you trying to claim you read all pages of both threads? Those threads are like 50+ pages each (maybe 75+). If you really did that then WOW your life sucks. ;)

If you want to raise your suspicion of me cause I said, "Ahhh, ***** this. I'll learn as I go" about 60 or so pages earlier then you did, so be it.

And again - If there is a "serial killer" in this game, who would know it but the serial killer? And Why would that serial killer then bring it up? I don't understand the logic the hoists suspicion on me, unless you suspect I'm an idiot. Which I can accept, I suppose.

I wouldn't call you an idiot, just inexperienced. An inexperience player can make a mistake such as this. And with really nothing else to go by on anyone else, you for now have received 4 votes. If someone else gets more suspicious between now and final vote time I will happily change my vote. But for now, with limited information, you seem like the most guilty (even though it is not saying much).

No hard feelings.

The bolded seems very scummy to me. You read the past game threads, with rogue killers/serial killers but have no clue they exist? And you FOS Slats for doing the same research?

FOS - JMJ

Read above.

FOS - JMJ

Just checked back. The past 2 game threads were 47 and 77 pages long respectively. If anyone read all of them, so help them God.

Easy (serial) Killer.

I did read the through some of the first two game threads, I would say about 15 pages or so in each. And by that point in either thread, there was no mention of any type of rogue killer roles. Are you trying to claim you read all pages of both threads? Those threads are like 50+ pages each (maybe 75+). If you really did that then WOW your life sucks. ;)

If you want to raise your suspicion of me cause I said, "Ahhh, ***** this. I'll learn as I go" about 60 or so pages earlier then you did, so be it.

I wouldn't call you an idiot, just inexperienced. An inexperience player can make a mistake such as this. And with really nothing else to go by on anyone else, you for now have received 4 votes. If someone else gets more suspicious between now and final vote time I will happily change my vote. But for now, with limited information, you seem like the most guilty (even though it is not saying much).

No hard feelings.

No hard feelings at all, I get how the game works.

I did read thru both threads in their entirety. I got caught up in the second game while it was going on, then went back and read the first. I'm fortunate in that I have the interwebz at work, and have a job where I'm paid more for what I know than what I do. If there's nothing for me to do, I'm free to do nothing. So I did some reading.

I the kind of guy that doesn't like to jump into anything blind, so I did some research. Read the Wiki article posted early in this game thread, too. Which is why it would be moronic -not just naive- for me to announce the possibility of a serial killer if I was in fact a serial killer.

That seems to be how he always plays though. I'm not saying that makes him above suspicion I just think it's worth noting.

It's true, kinda like myself and JVoR tend to talk a little too much. Consistency is the key when you play mafia with the same people, whether you're good or bad. Like I said, it's early on and it's a dumb feeling. I know have more then a feeling stuck in my head... damn it.

No hard feelings at all, I get how the game works.

I did read thru both threads in their entirety. I got caught up in the second game while it was going on, then went back and read the first. I'm fortunate in that I have the interwebz at work, and have a job where I'm paid more for what I know than what I do. If there's nothing for me to do, I'm free to do nothing. So I did some reading.

I the kind of guy that doesn't like to jump into anything blind, so I did some research. Read the Wiki article posted early in this game thread, too. Which is why it would be moronic -not just naive- for me to announce the possibility of a serial killer if I was in fact a serial killer.

Being a fellow rookie who seems to have a better understanding then me at this point, are the bad guys the good guys in this version of the game? Thought I read that earlier. If so, what a hell of a game for the two of us to try and learn in. :bag:

Like I said, nothing personal. I'll happily change my vote if new things pop up.

OK, fair enough. But you didn't say you skimmed them at first. Now that you're drawing heat, you say that.

Unvote - Dan

Vote - JMJ

HAHA!

So sorry. Didn't realize that was such vital information. :rolleyes: Like I said, if anyone thinks I read a combined 124 pages just to play an online mafia game you're crazy. Common sense would tell you I skimmed.

And I'm not feeling heat. I don't know enough about the game to be feeling heat. I'd be pissed to be voted out simply because it would limit how much I learn since I want to participate in these mafia games moving forward, but to say I'm "feeling heat" would be a serious overstatement.

Being a fellow rookie who seems to have a better understanding then me at this point, are the bad guys the good guys in this version of the game? Thought I read that earlier. If so, what a hell of a game for the two of us to try and learn in. :bag:

Like I said, nothing personal. I'll happily change my vote if new things pop up.

Ha! Well the terminology is obviously screwed up with the "good guys" actually being "mafia," while the "bad guys" are the ones picking "mafia members" off. I guess we'll just be forced to use the term "scum" more.

HAHA!

So sorry. Didn't realize that was such vital information. :rolleyes: Like I said, if anyone thinks I read a combined 124 pages just to play an online mafia game you're crazy. Common sense would tell you I skimmed.

And I'm not feeling heat. I don't know enough about the game to be feeling heat. I'd be pissed to be voted out simply because it would limit how much I learn since I want to participate in these mafia games moving forward, but to say I'm "feeling heat" would be a serious overstatement.

OK, rat.

OK, rat.

Don't really care what you think. You have made a vote and then changed your mind 3 times already. All that means is you jump to conclusions or you're trying hard to draw attention to other people to hide something about yourself.

You voting for me I feel strengthens my stance, not weakens it.

Guys just a heads up I won't be around much until later this evening. I've got work and won't be back to a computer until about 9. Hopefully by then I'll be able to get enough of a read on someone to cast a vote as right now I'm torn between all 3 of the vote getters.

I have to be honest, I'm a little perplexed at the targeting of all the first timers. Maybe its just me, but I generally feel like those guys are a little less of a threat and little more prone to mistakes, be it as innocents or scum, and will eventually get caught. For that reason, I usually don't agree with going after them early. I feel like we're jumping down their throats for not exactly playing the way we think the game should be based on our experience. Plus to be honest, being so early in the game we're likely to lynch an innocent anyway, so I'd rather at least give the new guys a little chance to play.

Don't really care what you think. You have made a vote and then changed your mind 3 times already. All that means is you jump to conclusions or you're trying hard to draw attention to other people to hide something about yourself.

You voting for me I feel strengthens my stance, not weakens it.

Don't really care that you don't really care what I think. :yawn:

Day 1 votes are usually subject to change (not sure if you caught that in your skimming). I'm not trying to draw attention to anyone, just trying to get them to talk, which you are doing, and seeming scummier to me more and more. But I'm certainly not really pushing for a lynch, I'm far from certain about anybody at this point.

Plus to be honest, being so early in the game we're likely to lynch an innocent anyway, so I'd rather at least give the new guys a little chance to play.

I do agree with this.

Perhaps we should vote for a player who's played the last two games all the way to the end.

You know, just to be fair.

One thing I did find interesting in the voting:

Vote Count

Slats (4) EY, Doggin, JMJ, SMC

Not really sure what to make of it, but I just found it interesting that 3 of the most experienced players are all going after the same guy, plus JMJ who has shown himself to be a very logic-oriented person in his other board postings. Not that I think all of these guys are mafia or anything, but its just one thing that immediately jumped out at me when reading the vote count and figured I'd throw it out there. I think I find it especially interesting since based on what I've seen, the prevailing logic is that slats may be the SK. If that's the case, I would think it would make sense to wait a day to see what happens at night and find out if a SK even exists considering I'm not sure how one would even fit into this game layout.

One thing I did find interesting in the voting:

Not really sure what to make of it, but I just found it interesting that 3 of the most experienced players are all going after the same guy, plus JMJ who has shown himself to be a very logic-oriented person in his other board postings. Not that I think all of these guys are mafia or anything, but its just one thing that immediately jumped out at me when reading the vote count and figured I'd throw it out there. I think I find it especially interesting since based on what I've seen, the prevailing logic is that slats may be the SK. If that's the case, I would think it would make sense to wait a day to see what happens at night and find out if a SK even exists considering I'm not sure how one would even fit into this game layout.

What sucks is that I agree with your thinking. That's why I haven't bought into voting for slats.

EY and Doggin are always quick on the trigger finger though

I do agree with this.

Perhaps we should vote for a player who's played the last two games all the way to the end.

You know, just to be fair.

I agree 100%. Plus there's a certain someone who falls into that criteria who has been surprisingly quiet so far this game and I think needs to speak up a little bit.

So Jets Things, what do you have to say for yourself? :biggrin:

Archived