The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't get why they took a day off.

WTF is with the scheduling?

Capitals-Penguins played Games 5 and 6 back to back, and they had to travel from Washington to Pittsburgh.

Now Hurricanes-Penguins get a 2 day break with no travel involved. Sorry, but this crap makes no sense.

They should've played last night.

Yeah I don't get why they took a day off.

WTF is with the scheduling?

Capitals-Penguins played Games 5 and 6 back to back, and they had to travel from Washington to Pittsburgh.

Now Hurricanes-Penguins get a 2 day break with no travel involved. Sorry, but this crap makes no sense.

They should've played last night.

Blame NBC.

what, NBC likes Saturday over Sunday? I didn't get why they played Friday-Saturday instead of Friday-Sunday.

You can blame Yanni for the back to back games. NBC wanted the Wings-Hawks on two consecutive Sundays or something like that. Doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

If Cam Ward's defense in front of him continues to be swiss cheese, it's going to be a short one. Funny how great the goalies were with decent defense in game one. Defense disappears in game 2 and goalies look pedestrian.

Maybe Carolina wins tonight. If they don't it's over. Glad to see Cole recovered so quickly. And the guy from Carolina should have suspended for the intent to injure at the end of the game. No matter. Satan will dole out punishment in the 7th circle of hell later.

VCongrats to Pens..they are staying hot which is key (like canes did in 2006)..its all about hot and momentum now..

good luck to pens and the fans of thiers that are classy and not immature and childish..

its all about class..

Go Pens, beat Detroit!!!!

Yeah, Chicago looks terrible. I wonder how much is Detroit is making them look bad and how much is just them. Looks like it's going to be a rematch of last year. That would be a great series; I think the Pens can put up more of a fight than they did last year.

NBC should man up and televise the Stanley Cup games whenever they happen during the week.

The NHL should not have a whacked out schedule because of TV. Do a normal schedule and then go to the TV networks. If NBC refuses to televise it, then it would go to Versus or something. I don't know.

All I know is that this schedule sucks and makes no sense for hockey, and that's what we should care about, not TV and its ratings.

There should be two days off after both conference finals have been decided and then the SCF should start, whatever day that is. There should not be back to backs during the finals (or playoffs at all) and there should not be multiple games off in a row during a series barring something out of the ordinary.

I heard something crazy about a long layoff before the finals.

That will pretty much kill it here for a lot of people.

read the posts before yours. ;)

Penguins are going to have over a week off before the Finals start, and it doesn't matter how soon the western conference finals are over. They set a start date of like june 6 and they're waiting until then.

From ESPN.com's Scott Burnside:

"If the Chicago Blackhawks cannot extend their series against Detroit on Wednesday night, the rematch of last season's Cup finals will begin in Detroit with back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday. If the Blackhawks prevail in at least one game, the finals will begin in the Western team's rink a week from Friday with games on June 5 and 6."

Either way, the NHL is taking it in the rear from NBC, who would rather show episodes of wipeout or some other random summer television bullspit than the Stanley Cup finals. I could care less who the Pens play, although having the chance for revenge would be sweet, and I don't want to have to wait another week and a half. Go wings?

"If the Chicago Blackhawks cannot extend their series against Detroit on Wednesday night, the rematch of last season's Cup finals will begin in Detroit with back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday. If the Blackhawks prevail in at least one game, the finals will begin in the Western team's rink a week from Friday with games on June 5 and 6."

Either way, the NHL is taking it in the rear from NBC, who would rather show episodes of wipeout or some other random summer television bullspit than the Stanley Cup finals. I could care less who the Pens play, although having the chance for revenge would be sweet, and I don't want to have to wait another week and a half. Go wings?

time to go back to ESPN...

wait, the finals could start Saturday? as in 3 days from now?

time to go back to ESPN...

Seriously....enough is enough with NBC. Hell, put it on Versus for all 7 games, I don't care. People are all up in arms about Versus, but you know what, their coverage is EXCELLENT. Good announcers, good HD feed, great game & studio analysis during intermissions, I have NO problem with Versus' coverage of the NHL. If you cable company doesn't carry them..it's not my problem.

Sure, ESPN would be ideal, but they treated the NHL like red-headed step children just the same. Everyone forgets that when the NHL was down and out, Versus stepped in and ran with it.

Versus isn't the problem here, NBC is.

If they delay the start of the series that fricken long, they are killing whatever momentum they have, especially in light of the NBA playoffs.

Archived