The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I haven't been around. Emergency appendectomy on Saturday night/unday morning. The first games were more painful than the surgery. Will post later.

speedy recovery...

pens have cooled like the canes did..wings are good, but i can tell the pens have cooled a tad

NBC, who pays the NHL is fairy dust and pixie sticks,asked for it. So of course Bettman agreed. As a child Bettman never made it past 10:30 AM with his lunch money.

Quote of the day, Mike Bab****, about NHL's brilliant marketing campaign featuring Cindy-

"Actually, when I watch commercials for last year's games, I think they won."

another example if why the NHL higher ups are a joke. Malkin gets an instigator prnsity with 18 seconds to go in the game when he pulls that ***** BS and goes after hank. NHL rules clearly state that anyone with an instigator in the last 5 minutes gets an automatic 1 game suspension. Colin campbell, who btw claims that he thoroughly reviewed the play comes out literally 5 minutes after the game is over and says that apparently this rule doesn't apply to malkin. Just like apparently it didn't apply to Scott walker for that cheap shot on Aaron ward. So basically the NHL picks and chooses which rules they want to enforce and won't serve punishment on someone like malkin because he might be deemed a "superstar".

What a friggin joke.

another example if why the NHL higher ups are a joke.

Same thing happened in the Bruins/Canes series when Aaron Ward got sucker punched by Scott Walker. Walker was accessed the instigator penalty but that tool bag, Colin Campbell, up in Toronto let him play the next game.

Why even have the rule in the books?

IMO: Malkin went crazy last night and should not be playing in Game 3.

Edit: Only read your 1st couple of sentences and didn't see that you mentioned the Walker/Ward incident. My bad.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I know I'll catch some crap for this, but I do not like the fact at all that the refs have decided to swallow the whistle for this series, and that goes both ways. Eaton getting his stick held before Abdelkaber's goal in game one. Samuelson's blatant pick on a goal in game two. Malkin probably should be suspended. It's all kind of a joke really. I mean twice now Zetterberg has covered the puck with his hand in the crease and there have been no penalty shots. And like I said, it goes both ways, but when you're on the losing end it seems more evident.

That said, Detroit is a great team that plays solid defense (when they aren't clutching and grabbing) from it's defense to it's forwards.

I'm hoping to head back to Detroit all square. That's what it's going to take.

Sorry I haven't been around. Emergency appendectomy on Saturday night/unday morning. The first games were more painful than the surgery. Will post later.

Hey Bro, glad to hear everything went well and I hope you're doing on.

Perhaps the Wings will help you out by ending this series quickly and lessening the pain? :)

We just got our warning order at work to have our uniforms ready and be ready to get called in should the Wings get to a clinching game. Nothing worse for a Detective than having to put that damn uniform back on, even if it's for a day. Last year, we had to line our main drag from the last 1/2 of the 2nd period on, which really sucked during Detroit's 2OT loss the first time around.

Congratulations on your getting a PP goal off a horse$hit interference call. Are you kidding me? You're going to call a chicken$**** interference call with 7 minutes to go in a tied Stanley Cup Playoff game?

Nice win. Go have a parade.

Wings will win next Thursday, clinch in Detroit.

another example if why the NHL higher ups are a joke. Malkin gets an instigator prnsity with 18 seconds to go in the game when he pulls that ***** BS and goes after hank. NHL rules clearly state that anyone with an instigator in the last 5 minutes gets an automatic 1 game suspension. Colin campbell, who btw claims that he thoroughly reviewed the play comes out literally 5 minutes after the game is over and says that apparently this rule doesn't apply to malkin. Just like apparently it didn't apply to Scott walker for that cheap shot on Aaron ward. So basically the NHL picks and chooses which rules they want to enforce and won't serve punishment on someone like malkin because he might be deemed a "superstar".

What a friggin joke.

47.22 Fines and Suspensions

No idea how they missed Zetterberg undressing Staal along the wall. Missed calls both ways, what are you going to do?

Happens every game, sometimes more than others. It comes down to which team capitalizes on those opportunities.

There's the rule, they obviously left it that vague just so they wouldn't have to suspend people in important situations.

They've done so well at blowing calls on just about everything for everyone this entire postseason, so it doesn't surprise me that they would make that rule vague.

Wings have to step it up after that game last night. Penalty-Kill has been horrendous this postseason.

Colin Campbell should get his name on the Cup if the Pens win. Some teams just happen to get every beneift imaginable from the NHL office. And I like Malkin as a player, but what he did merited a seat.

Colin Campbell should get his name on the Cup if the Pens win. Some teams just happen to get every beneift imaginable from the NHL office. And I like Malkin as a player, but what he did merited a seat.

Yeah. That was like days ago. Get over it. The Red Wings have had their share of chances to take advantage of some questionable calls and at times they have.

3 game series. Pens have win one in the Motor City, but do have the momentum.

Yeah. That was like days ago. Get over it. The Red Wings have had their share of chances to take advantage of some questionable calls and at times they have.

3 game series. Pens have win one in the Motor City, but do have the momentum.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh got about 12 penalties called against them to Detroit's 3. You do the math.

You're biased so you'll never admit it but that game was ridiculous. Detroit would've probably won anyway but we'll never know. They were on the power play constantly.

Pittsburgh got about 12 penalties called against them to Detroit's 3. You do the math.

You're biased so you'll never admit it but that game was ridiculous. Detroit would've probably won anyway but we'll never know. They were on the power play constantly.

Of course you completely ignore all the retaliatory acts guys like Talbot and others were pulling on Datsyuk's injured foot or to Hank's leg. The Penguins clearly lost their composure last night and the penalty minutes reflected that.

Cry me a river. Wings won that game decisively.

Archived