The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series reminds a lot of people of a series that took place in the 80's.

The young Gretzky lead Edmonton Oilers, having lost to the powerhouse Islanders the year before, get the finals rematch many wanted. The rest is history.

Could the Pens do the same this year?

The young Gretzky lead Edmonton Oilers, having lost to the powerhouse Islanders the year before, get the finals rematch many wanted. The rest is history.

all depends on pens goalie,,if he stands on his head they can win,,if he goes back to being just above average then wings win again

Wait....what do Canadians know about hockey? :lol:

A lot is going to be riding on how many of our banged up players we get back. Looks like Nicky Lidstrom will be ready for Game 1, but Datsyuk and Drapes might still be out.

It might be time for Ozzie to finally put away the talk and carry this team to a cup.

We know that the cup has not been in this country for quite a while now.

:bag:

As soon as the Wings are done with it, we'll be sure to send it back. At this time however, plans for that scenario are not feasible and will be reviewed in about 15 years, when Kenny Holland decides to retire. :lol:

When is the last time a team from Canada won the Cup- they must be dying in Canada over this Van Doug.

Montreal 92-93.

Canadian teams won a bunch of cups in the 80s

Yeah, a lot of hockey fans here aren't too happy with this drought.

After the Stanley Cup, the next focus for Canadian hockey fans is the winter olympics right here in Vancouver 2010. Steve Yzerman is the executive director for Team Canada. He has a lot of pressure on him. Anything less than gold in our own backyard will be considered disaster. They should have a pretty good team.

But it's not the Stanley Cup.

Montreal 92-93.

Canadian teams won a bunch of cups in the 80s

Yeah, a lot of hockey fans here aren't too happy with this drought.

After the Stanley Cup, the next focus for Canadian hockey fans is the winter olympics right here in Vancouver 2010. Steve Yzerman is the executive director for Team Canada. He has a lot of pressure on him. Anything less than gold in our own backyard will be considered disaster. They should have a pretty good team.

But it's not the Stanley Cup.

First of all, Steve Yzerman is god's gift to Canada and the hockey world. He will undoubtedly bring you guys the best team possible.........as he continues to groom himself to be the future GM of the Red Wings. :D

Secondly, while Canadian based teams haven't won in forever, the fact is that every winning team since then has been build with excellent Canadian talent, and that should reflect greatly on your land.,

Sharrow, CrazyCarl, Mavrik : As the 4 resident Pens/Wings fans here, anyone interested in a friendly signature or avatar bet?

I'm game.

And 124, the Wings didn't really slaughter them last season. The Pens looked like deer in headlights those first two games and the rest were close and awesome. I expect 7 games of that.

Pens looked a step off tonight, a little panicky at times too. Fleury better learn how to play those boards quick. Needs to look at some tape of Osgood tonight or something. Wings looked like a well-oiled machine. I expect the Pens to snap out of it and step up their game tomorrow night though.

Sharrow, CrazyCarl, Mavrik : As the 4 resident Pens/Wings fans here, anyone interested in a friendly signature or avatar bet?

I'm game.

Great game by the Wings last night. Hopefully, they keep it going tonight.

Speaking of which, what the hell are the NHL doing have two stanley cup games in two days?

I'm game.

Speaking of which, what the hell are the NHL doing have two stanley cup games in two days?

Or 3 in 4 days.

Wings played well, but need to be better. We got lucky a few times and Ozzie bailed us out.

Someone please tell Crosby to shave that damn peach fuzz.

I'm game.

NBC, who pays the NHL is fairy dust and pixie sticks,asked for it. So of course Bettman agreed. As a child Bettman never made it past 10:30 AM with his lunch money.

Quote of the day, Mike Bab****, about NHL's brilliant marketing campaign featuring Cindy-

"Actually, when I watch commercials for last year's games, I think they won."

Archived