The NBA Finals Thread

ECURB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Magic fans are celebrating a Game 1 win in which they barely held onto a 28 point lead against the Kevin Garnett-less Celtics?

Awesome.

I'm glad I'm a Knicks fan, we are just always going to suck. Saves the frustration.

So Magic fans are celebrating a Game 1 win in which they barely held onto a 28 point lead against the Kevin Garnett-less Celtics?

Awesome.

I'm glad I'm a Knicks fan, we are just always going to suck. Saves the frustration.

You mean the same Magic team that won by 5 on the road against the defending champs without their starting PG or SG?

Spin it.

You mean the same Magic team that won by 5 on the road against the defending champs without their starting PG or SG?

Spin it.

The defending champs without Kevin Garnett.

If Kevin Garnett is healthy, the Magic don't stand a chance.

Says you.

The Magic just beat the defending champs on their own floor without their starting backcourt.

Cry me a river.

The defending champs without their best player.

You however, had your best player.

Win something, then talk.

I'm not even a Celtics fan and you are already very, very annoying.

Thankfully neither the Celtics or the Magic stand a chance against LeBron James and Cleveland.

Thankfully neither the Celtics or the Magic stand a chance against LeBron James and Cleveland.

Don't get him started about your last statement...just read the last few pages of this thread.

The defending champs without Kevin Garnett.

If Kevin Garnett is healthy, the Magic don't stand a chance.

:rl:

Glen Davis is averaging 18 points / 7 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks in the playoffs...

KG averaged 16 points / 9 rebounds / 3 assists / 1 block during the season... I will also now post his playoff stats from last season but keep in mind he dropped off badly this season compared to last... last year was an unusually good year for him....

20 points / 11 rebounds / 3 assists in the playoffs last year...

So based on Davis in the playoffs and KG during the season...

+2 in points / -2 in rebounds / Even in assists / +1 in blocks with KG out and Big Baby in...

Based on KG in the playoffs last season and Davis in the playoffs this season...

-2 in points / -4 in rebounds / Even in assists / +1 in blocks

At BEST the Celts would be getting a few more rebounds and a couple of points... but it would be at the expense of Rondo and others who would lose their shots as they need to get the ball into Garnett... Big Baby got most of his points off of rebounds and such... garnett is a part of the offense and would have prevented others from getting hot like they did...

Either way... the "Garnett playing changes everything" argument makes no sense... Big Baby is a GREAT backup... there is really not as much of a dropoff as some casual NBA fans think...

The Celtics best player, Ray Allen, was playing, and was outscored by JJ Redick.

Orlando did win something...a road playoff game against defending champions without their starting backcourt.

The Magic embarrassed Cleveland 32 days ago..not worried about the Cleveland Lebrons.

Glen Davis is averaging 18 points / 7 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks in the playoffs...

KG averaged 16 points / 9 rebounds / 3 assists / 1 block during the season... I will also now post his playoff stats from last season but keep in mind he dropped off badly this season compared to last... last year was an unusually good year for him....

+2 in points / -2 in rebounds / Even in assists / +1 in blocks with KG out and Big Baby in...

Based on KG in the playoffs last season and Davis in the playoffs this season...

At BEST the Celts would be getting a few more rebounds and a couple of points... but it would be at the expense of Rondo and others who would lose their shots as they need to get the ball into Garnett... Big Baby got most of his points off of rebounds and such... garnett is a part of the offense and would have prevented others from getting hot like they did...

Either way... the "Garnett playing changes everything" argument makes no sense... Big Baby is a GREAT backup... there is really not as much of a dropoff as some casual NBA fans think...

You mean casual Knick fans that are relegated to hopping on a bandwagon come playoff time and hope to throw out some random ideas about their new found team?

I have been keeping the first post updated with the series standings BTW for anyone who cares... lol

Good job by the Magic tonight... I know the feeling... Bulls stole game 1 too... lets hope they can keep it going... Magic have the best chance of beating Lebron...

I love Big Baby but he is no KG. Only you could come up with something as harebrained as this.

Congrats to the Magic on taking Game 1. I hope to see Rondo and Ray Allen step up in Game 2 as they were awful last night.

I love Big Baby but he is no KG. Only you could come up with something as harebrained as this.

Congrats to the Magic on taking Game 1. I hope to see Rondo and Ray Allen step up in Game 2 as they were awful last night.

KG requires more attention.... not only from the other team... but his own...

Is Big Baby better? No. There is not nearly the drop off that some think there is though.

KG requires more attention.... not only from the other team... but his own...

Is Big Baby better? No. There is not nearly the drop off that some think there is though.

You know nothing about NBA basketball. Would the Celtics have won the title last year without KG?

You know nothing about NBA basketball. Would the Celtics have won the title last year without KG?

NO.

They barely won it with him.... had they not struggled to get out of the 1st and 2nd rounds and dominated a little more then one might say they could have... but Big Baby was still very raw then too so there would have been a bigger drop off...

NO.

They barely won it with him.... had they not struggled to get out of the 1st and 2nd rounds and dominated a little more then one might say they could have... but Big Baby was still very raw then too so there would have been a bigger drop off...

The Celtics embarrassed the heavily favoured Lakers last year. They Barely won it? What the F are you talking about?

The Celtics embarrassed the heavily favoured Lakers last year. They Barely won it? What the F are you talking about?

They were almost knocked out twice before they even got to the conference finals... did you forget about those 7 game series or what?

when 13 of 14 ESPN analysts pick the Lakers to beat the Celtics, and instead Boston won in 6 gamesI find it hard to see the Celtics "barely winning"

that kid is crazy

They were almost knocked out twice before they even got to the conference finals... did you forget about those 7 game series or what?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure other eventual Champs played 7 game series before winning it all. Kind of like the 90's Bulls?

You are so full of crap it's amazing.

Archived