NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

What he said!:)

Wells > Moreno

Wells was compared to Jamal Lewis. If if is anything like him i don`t want him at all. Yea he`s a big back that may break some tackles, but where is he now?(Jamal Lewis) He`s a journeymen. I would rather have the guy from pit,or conn

Wells > Moreno

Bash me if you want, but Wells reminds me of Adrian Peterson. I'm not talking about the one from Chicago either.

This is a big guy that happens to be fast. He will put you on your ass if you come in his way. I think he might land in New Orleans tho.

Do not want: a 210-lb or under RB with 4.6 speed in gym shorts & running flats.

then there is that viewpoint...

I personally think there are better uses of the 17 pick than a 4.6 RB but it does make sense...

i've said it before, I'll say it again don't be surprised if the pick is Petti. They are desperately thin at TE.

I personally think there are better uses of the 17 pick than a 4.6 RB but it does make sense...

i've said it before, I'll say it again don't be surprised if the pick is Petti. They are desperately thin at TE.

I hope not.

There's no question that Moreno's speed is a concern. Adjusted 40 time has a very strong correlation to NFL success, and Moreno's is terrible. I'd have taken him off the board entirely if I could find a single other thing not to like about the guy.

Pettigrew is also on the short list. Somebody needs to come up with a new name for the position Dustin Keller plays because the current nomenclature is obviously causing some confusion.

1. Jackson

2. Moreno

3. Pettigrew

4. Robiskie

Somebody needs to come up with a new name for the position Dustin Keller plays because the current nomenclature is obviously causing some confusion.

Keller was held out of Mini camp due to a flu like ailment... what if he gets hurt?

I have to believe Rex Ryan showed up to minicamp, looked at his current TE crop of former DT Kareem Brown, LS James Dearth and try out player Chris Conklin and thought to himself 'Oh s--t.'

Keller was held out of Mini camp due to a flu like ailment... what if he gets hurt?

I have to believe Rex Ryan showed up to minicamp, looked at his current TE crop of former DT Kareem Brown, LS James Dearth and try out player Chris Conklin and thought to himself 'Oh s--t.'

Hurt shmurt. Even if he's healthy Keller is about as much of a reason not to draft Pettigrew as the rest of those guys. I think Cotchery/Keller/Pettigrew is totally viable as a base set.

THere are more important positions than TE as of now. I think we can get a good blocking TE in the mid rounds. But taking a TE who was hurt his senior year will be totally idiotic IMO.

THere are more important positions than TE as of now. I think we can get a good blocking TE in the mid rounds. But taking a TE who was hurt his senior year will be totally idiotic IMO.

Which positions, and who can we take at those positions at 17 that is better than Pettigrew? What blocking tight end would you take later, and when do you expect him to be available?

If we draft anything other then WR we need to move up to make sure we secure Britt/Robiskie or any of the second teir guys assuming a run begins on them in early second/late first)

I'd be down with Pettigrew/Robiskie day 1 haul

I seriously don't think we need to draft a TE that high.

I've said it in other threads - Keller is a young TE with he potential to be a stud. He's not going to play WR and H-Back is not a full time position WHEN another TE is in the game. Keller is a full time player and to draft another TE would probably see either he or Petti reduced to situational guys . I personally think Keller has the potential to really improve at his blocking, he dosn't need to be good, just average for a TE.

I don't think you draft a TE who IMO is VERY one dimensional in the first. Pettigrew is a blocker first and a reciever second and although blocking TE is a need it's not enough of a need to justify a 1st round pick. We could easily pickup a decent backup TE (Wilcox or even Franks again would be my targets) to take on that role to help free up Keller and spend the 1st rounder on a more talented player.

I've watched some of Pettigrew and he's a tremendous blocker, but I think he will be nothing more than Kyle Brady part II and although Bit, I know you said you wouldn't mind another Kyle Brady, I would.

I wont be too angry if we pick Petti, but you sure as Hell wont hear me supporting it. Too many other areas we need to address before blocking TE IMHO.

Somebody needs to come up with a new name for the position Dustin Keller plays because the current nomenclature is obviously causing some confusion.

I've said it in other threads - Keller is a young TE with he potential to be a stud. He's not going to play WR and H-Back is not a full time position WHEN another TE is in the game. Keller is a full time player and to draft another TE would probably see either he or Petti reduced to situational guys . I personally think Keller has the potential to really improve at his blocking, he dosn't need to be good, just average for a TE.

See what I mean?

See what I mean?

No. He's a TE not a WR. He's not going to be an NFL WR IMO. He may split out from time to time but I don't think he'll become a full time WR.

H-Back? Maybe, but it's a VERY similar position anyways with very similar responsibility.

There are many reasons I don't want Pettigrew:

• I simply don't think he's first round talent regardless, I don't think he'll be much of a recieving threat in the NFL.
  • Blocking TE is not THAT important a role to justify a first round pick (See Kyle Brady). So not only do I believe we'd be reaching for him, but IMO we'd be reaching for a player that doesn't even fill our main weaknesses (We have bigger areas of need than blocking TE)
  • I'm really not sure where he'll fit in our offense with Keller already there. Keller is not moving to WR and like I said as much as you can buy into this "H-back" stuff it's still very similar to TE.
  • Also, with regards to Keller, tough to give up on the guy as a blocker yet. I know he can't block for ****, but he's got a good work ethic and you can't rule out a major improvement that area of his game. Tony Gonzalez was a pretty pitiful blocker when he came into the league, but he got much better throughout his career. Give the kid a chance.
  • We let Chris Baker go. Why the **** would we do that only to burn a 1st rounder on a very similar player? Makes no sense.
  • There are still options in FA that I'd be content with filling the blocking TE role - Wilcox, Franks. They'd be cheap short term options that would save a first round pick, which we could use to get a better prospect.

Overall, I really wouldn't like the pick.

No. He's a TE not a WR. He's not going to be an NFL WR IMO. He may split out from time to time but I don't think he'll become a full time WR.

H-Back? Maybe, but it's a VERY similar position anyways with very similar responsibility.

There are many reasons I don't want Pettigrew:

• I simply don't think he's first round talent regardless, I don't think he'll be much of a recieving threat in the NFL.
  • Blocking TE is not THAT important a role to justify a first round pick (See Kyle Brady). So not only do I believe we'd be reaching for him, but IMO we'd be reaching for a player that doesn't even fill our main weaknesses (We have bigger areas of need than blocking TE)
  • I'm really not sure where he'll fit in our offense with Keller already there. Keller is not moving to WR and like I said as much as you can buy into this "H-back" stuff it's still very similar to TE.
  • Also, with regards to Keller, tough to give up on the guy as a blocker yet. I know he can't block for ****, but he's got a good work ethic and you can't rule out a major improvement that area of his game. Tony Gonzalez was a pretty pitiful blocker when he came into the league, but he got much better throughout his career. Give the kid a chance.
  • We let Chris Baker go. Why the **** would we do that only to burn a 1st rounder on a very similar player? Makes no sense.
  • There are still options in FA that I'd be content with filling the blocking TE role - Wilcox, Franks. They'd be cheap short term options that would save a first round pick, which we could use to get a better prospect.

Overall, I really wouldn't like the pick.

We let Chris Baker go because otherwise the rest of his contract, with almost $10M guaranteed, kicked in.

Where do you think Robiskie goes? Seems like most have early 2, meaning we'll have to move up again like we did with Keller and Harris..

I like Robiskie and when you combine our need at WR with our recent love for Buckeyes in the draft I really wouldn't be surprised to see us target him. It may involve a trade up/down either way but I wouldn't be shocker if our scouts love this kid - He's big, runs great routes and has good hands. Would be a good pickup in the 2nd IMO.

Where do you think Robiskie goes? Seems like most have early 2, meaning we'll have to move up again like we did with Keller and Harris..

If I were going to run your gambit I'm not even completely sure Robiskie is the one I'd leave on the table. Holmes, Ginn, and Gonzo were all first rounders and none of them really struck me as the surefire pro receiver that Robiskie does. He's going to go in the first round and it's going to be very hard to pass on him for anything short of Tyson Jackson.

I like Robiskie and when you combine our need at WR with our recent love for Buckeyes in the draft I really wouldn't be surprised to see us target him. It may involve a trade up/down either way but I wouldn't be shocker if our scouts love this kid - He's big, runs great routes and has good hands. Would be a good pickup in the 2nd IMO.

I've kind of come to the conclusion that of the realistic WR's in rd1 or 2 for us, that Robiskie stands the best chance of making an immediate impact. That's why I want him, I think our receiving core is **** with Coles, and he was the best one..

If I were going to run your gambit I'm not even completely sure Robiskie is the one I'd leave on the table. Holmes, Ginn, and Gonzo were all first rounders and none of them really struck me as the surefire pro receiver that Robiskie does. He's going to go in the first round and it's going to be very hard to pass on him for anything short of Tyson Jackson.

Ha, agreed about. Didn't think he was a possiblity at 17 though. Maybe a move back from 17 to mid 20's and a move up from 50's early 30's would be ideal..

Archived