So we all agree, the old Yankee Stadium was better?

Matt39

$75 is just cdrazy to go to any god-damned ball game that's not for a championship. fu*king unreal. maybe i'll take my kid to one game at citifield a year. when i was a kid we used to go to about 10 a year. i can't afford to start that tradition with my kids now. at least at citifield it'a a bit cheaper. but still figures 100 for 2 seats and then 30 for a couple sodas and beers. another 20 or 30 to eat and then a souvenire for the kid? over 200 just to see a ballgame? and don't forghet the gas and tolls and parking for me to get from central jersey to queens. so lets say it a 250 day. and my luck the mets play like crap that day. and what happens when my littel guy is old enough to go? over 300 for a trip to the ballpark? that's ludicrous. i'm not a phillies fan but i guess i'll just be taking my kids to alot of blueclaws games. it's a shame really.

These guys play right across the river from me

http://www.newarkbears.com/

You can get in for 8 bucks. \:D/

My 2 cents. Been to the last Yankee stadium several times.

While I liked the vibe of tradition and history, I didn't think it was a great stadium. Aside from the field, which was great, narrow concourses and too long lineups for many of the things I love, like beer and the release of beer. It had an old feel as if built for another generation which it was.

I love the new parks and look forward to seeing this new Yankee Stadium.

cheers,

d

Absolutely and it has become nauseating. Yankee Stadium is glorious any any alleged issues are entirely fixable. Citifield? Not so much per TD.;)

Haven

t beern to either. One thing I've heard form a bunch of people who have been to Citi-the seats don't really face the field, and there are blind spots galore on almsot every ball in play in the outfield. The outfield seats are essentially all obstructed view. Understand they wanted to make it quirkey but Wilpon took his Ebbets Field obsession a bit too far. Though coming off Shea anything is a comparative improvement.

Haven

t beern to either. One thing I've heard form a bunch of people who have been to Citi-the seats don't really face the field, and there are blind spots galore on almsot every ball in play in the outfield. The outfield seats are essentially all obstructed view. Understand they wanted to make it quirkey but Wilpon took his Ebbets Field obsession a bit too far. Though coming off Shea anything is a comparative improvement.

I heard all the seats are angled toward the plate, ala the new stadium in Pittsburgh

I heard all the seats are angled toward the plate, ala the new stadium in Pittsburgh

Haven't been to citi yet, going at the end of the month. But that is exactly how Yankee stadium is. Pretty cool, I sat down the RF line and it was nice facing the action instead of staring at the Right Fielder.

Why do people always complain about the concourses? I have never had any problems with them. I go to the stadium to watch the game, not to hang out in the concourse...

It is nice to not feel like you are being herded like sheep with large crowds. Especially walking out, the larger concourses make a big difference. Plus better escalators and elevators, getting out of the new stadium in the Bronx is much better.

And more bathrooms is cool as well. (That one was for you Leon Hess).

Archived