So who gets plunked in June?

CrazyCarl40

You Sawx fans had absolutely no problem with Pedro, and yet you despise Joba for not even coming close to him.

Pedro had a purpose. He was backing people off of the plate. Joba does it because he's a punk and he's going to get someone hurt. He would never pull that crap in the NL where he had to answer for his actions.

Pedro had a purpose. He was backing people off of the plate. Joba does it because he's a punk and he's going to get someone hurt. He would never pull that crap in the NL where he had to answer for his actions.

just another reason why the DH is a p*ssy rule. pitchers can get away with too much crap in the AL cause they don't have to take their faggot asses up to bat.

Anyone have the stats of how many Yankees have been hit by Red Sox vs how many Red Sox have been hit by Yankees in the last 10 years?

I remember seeing that # awhile ago and it was funny.

There really should be an award for most homerific post of the month. This would take it in a landslide.

Anyone have the stats of how many Yankees have been hit by Red Sox vs how many Red Sox have been hit by Yankees in the last 10 years?

I remember seeing that # awhile ago and it was funny.

Talking about stats does anyone know the amount of appearances Joba has made against the Sox where he doesn't hit a Sox batter?

There really should be an award for most homerific post of the month. This would take it in a landslide.

You guys are the one who made this about Pedro. Pedro lived on the inner half of the plate.

Joba had ridiculous command after the first inning the other night and on the first pitch against the guy who hit the homerun against him goes square in the back. That's intent, boys.

No, we got it. Pedro's allowed to do it, and Joba's not. It's pretty simple, actually.

If Joba is trying to pitch inside and hits somebody, fine. Hitting people to get them off of the plate is part of the game. Hitting people to just prove a point, or whatever was going on in his head, is dangerous and not necessary. He was just being a prick. Plain and simple.

Pedro is not a saint and I'm sure he threw at people on purpose. Pedro also is not currently on the Red Sox and this thread is not about him. It's about someone who already in his early career has become a cheap shot artist and a coward. He doesn't have to get paid back for his misdeeds, his teammates do.

If Joba is trying to pitch inside and hits somebody, fine. Hitting people to get them off of the plate is part of the game. Hitting people to just prove a point, or whatever was going on in his head, is dangerous and not necessary. He was just being a prick. Plain and simple.

Pedro is not a saint and I'm sure he threw at people on purpose. Pedro also is not currently on the Red Sox and this thread is not about him. It's about someone who already in his early career has become a cheap shot artist and a coward. He doesn't have to get paid back for his misdeeds, his teammates do.

Fantastic. I love it.

Joba didnt want to throw 4 pitches to a guy he didnt want to face. 1 pitch did the job-a.

You guys are the one who made this about Pedro. Pedro lived on the inner half of the plate.

Joba had ridiculous command after the first inning the other night and on the first pitch against the guy who hit the homerun against him goes square in the back. That's intent, boys.

Yes Pedro never hit a Yankee on purpose. :rl::rl::rl:

Oh crap, that is hysterical.

I honestly dare someone on Boston to plunk a Yankee, especially if A.J., or Joba is on the mound.

It's going to happen and it's Joba's fault. Not sure who and not sure when, but it will happen.

Max- I never said Pedro didn't do it on purpose. And this thread isn't about Pedro. It's about Justin Chamberlain who throws at people's heads and hits others square in the back for no reason. I wish he would get to the plate once and have to answer for his actions.

there's reasons to throw at somebody. imo...hitting a guy cause he took you deep is for p*ssies. just says you're scared to face him and proves the guy owned you. you want revenge....make the guy look silly at the plate. now if you're throwing at someone to protect your team that's cool. for instance, shane victorino shoudl get drilled next time he's at-bat for that bush league play he made on reyes.

It's going to happen and it's Joba's fault. Not sure who and not sure when, but it will happen.

Max- I never said Pedro didn't do it on purpose. And this thread isn't about Pedro. It's about Justin Chamberlain who throws at people's heads and hits others square in the back for no reason. I wish he would get to the plate once and have to answer for his actions.

This thread is also about how funny it is that Sox fans are complaining about a pitcher throwing at a guy when it seems to be a historical trait of your entire franchise.:rolleyes:

It's typical Boston. The media riles em up and like little lemmings they eat this **** up and before you know it there's much ado about nothing.

Sheep-3.jpg

BAAAAAAAA

But I guess this is what happens when your radio/newspapers are controlled by NESV.

You know who else had their media controlled?

480769425hXGqfV_ph.jpg

and

soviet%20union%20flag.jpg

anyway....i googled beanball and this is a quote from the article. i found it funny given that joba has been in the league for a relatively short period of time.

Some purported headhunters (whose reputations as such are not always correlated with fact, as shown by statistics[citation needed]) include Don Drysdale, Bob Gibson, Sal Maglie, Hugh Casey, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Joba Chamberlain and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Mart%C3%ADnez]Pedro Mart

This thread is also about how funny it is that Sox fans are complaining about a pitcher throwing at a guy when it seems to be a historical trait of your entire franchise.:rolleyes:

What do players who are no longer pitching for the Red Sox have anything to do with this thread?

Joba has proven that he likes to throw at/behind/over the head of Red Sox batters and that he has a hard-on for Youkilis.

Since Joba became a Yankee I can't recall the last time a Yankee or Red Sox pitcher threw at a batter.

What do players who are no longer pitching for the Red Sox have anything to do with this thread?

Joba has proven that he likes to throw at/behind/over the head of Red Sox batters and that he has a hard-on for Youkilis.

Since Joba became a Yankee I can't recall the last time a Yankee or Red Sox pitcher threw at a batter.

Beckett is a known headhunter too. But the real point is, you lose the ability to whine incessantly about pitchers that do it when you've spent a lifetime making excuses for guys on your team that have that habit.

Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary. And then homerism.

Beckett is a known headhunter too. But the real point is, you lose the ability to whine incessantly about pitchers that do it when you've spent a lifetime making excuses for guys on your team that have that habit.

Once again you are missing the point. How many times has Joba hit or attempted to hit a Red Sox batter?

I'm not whining nor are the other Red Sox fans.

Since Tyler Durden decided that being called a homer here was the worst thing ever you have taken his place as the biggest Yankee homer.

Joba hits people with intent to injure. There is a difference. He hits people when they hit well against him. He doesn't even have to answer for his actions either.

Archived