Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

So if Sanchez beats out Kellen in training camp, will you still be prefering Clemens?

I will still prefer Clemens, but I will root my arse off, 110% percent, for Sanchez to succeed because if he is the starting Quarterback, he's playing (obviously) and I want to see my team win.

Erik Ainge could be behind center, as long as we win, I don't care.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or here's a thought...

Let's let them actually play before criticizing them or praising them?

I just don't see why people criticize players when they haven't played yet, or put them up on a pedestal before ever playing a game.

I guess it's just the general need for people to say "I told you so". It's sad.

And wtf is wrong with talking about unicorns? ;)

I will still prefer Clemens, but I will root my arse off, 110% percent, for Sanchez to succeed because if he is the starting Quarterback, he's playing (obviously) and I want to see my team win.

Until he has a bad game, then you'll get your pitchfork ready ;)

I keep thinking back to the game where Chad was cheered by some "fans" when he got hurt against New England. I just feel we're already starting to go down that path with Sanchez.

I keep thinking back to the game where Chad was cheered by some "fans" when he got hurt against New England. I just feel we're already starting to go down that path with Sanchez.

I remember that, I was embarassed when I saw a couple of people cheering the injury. I myself just sat there stunned until I saw Clemens come out onto the field, THEN I cheered. I cheered for Kellen coming on the field and Chad showing the ability to limp/hop off.

Kellen Clemens, FTW.

I remember that, I was embarassed when I saw a couple of people cheering the injury. I myself just sat there stunned until I saw Clemens come out onto the field, THEN I cheered. I cheered for Kellen coming on the field and Chad showing the ability to limp/hop off.

Kellen Clemens, FTW.

What's sad is that some people after were saying things like "they weren't cheering that Chad got hurt". That's bull****. There were plenty of people around who overjoyed he got hurt. I even heard one guy sitting a few rows behind me yell out "good, get the **** off the field you piece of **** and put a real quarterback in there". I just looked at my friend and shook my head. I will never be more embarrassed to be a Jets' fan than that day, and that is something I probably will never forget either.

SO if he doesn't peform, what is wrong about reminding people that you were warned from the beginning? This is a message board. You can't just talk about lollipops, unicorns and sunshine.

It's a cowards move... Here's why...

1) He's awesome.

Nobody remembers these conversations and we all celebrate our wins, you get off easy. If anything comes up, you simlpy say, 'Yeah, I had my doubts, but I'm thrilled blah, blah, blah'.

2) He sucks.

We're all aready miserable, and losing, and then you get to revel in it.

Are you not concerned that WRs seem unable to catch his passes?

I don't know what to attribute this to, but it's happened far to much, and with far too many WRs not to take notice... Clemens has had about 1.5 good games as a pro.

I wanted him over Chad, and I wanted him over Ratliff, but really, the Clemens ship has sailed.

Are you not concerned that WRs seem unable to catch his passes?

I don't know what to attribute this to, but it's happened far to much, and with far too many WRs not to take notice... Clemens has had about 1.5 good games as a pro.

I wanted him over Chad, and I wanted him over Ratliff, but really, the Clemens ship has sailed.

A lot of his throws are wobbly, that's why. It's easier to catch a ball thrown hard when it's a perfect spiral like a lot of Favre's were than it is when it's thrown hard and wobbly at the same time like Clemens' throws.

A lot of his throws are wobbly, that's why. It's easier to catch a ball thrown hard when it's a perfect spiral like a lot of Favre's were than it is when it's thrown hard and wobbly at the same time like Clemens' throws.

That's my thought as well.

It's a cowards move... Here's why...

1) He's awesome.

Nobody remembers these conversations and we all celebrate our wins, you get off easy. If anything comes up, you simlpy say, 'Yeah, I had my doubts, but I'm thrilled blah, blah, blah'.

2) He sucks.

We're all aready miserable, and losing, and then you get to revel in it.

Exactly.

Also, being anti-Sanchez is anti-Jets for this reason: regardless of how Clemens does in 2009, if Sanchez busts the Jets are set back 3-5 years because they not only lost the use of a young starter (assuming that they would have drafted a starter in the 2009 1st round) they are also hurt by the financial impact of Sanchez's salary for dead weight.

He had seven freakin games and least you remember, his starting receivers were Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith (Coles started and played in one series or didn't play at all in all but 2 of Clemens' games) and the Offensive Line was putrid. This (Smith starting and bad Offensive line play) leads to drops and hurried throws, never getting a decent amount of time back there. You have to give a QB more than half a season. I guess the Giants should've dumped Eli after his rookie season in which he was 10x worse than Clemens was in 2007.

He had seven freakin games and least you remember, his starting receivers were Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith (Coles started and played in one series or didn't play at all in all but 2 of Clemens' games) and the Offensive Line was putrid. This (Smith starting and bad Offensive line play) leads to drops and hurried throws, never getting a decent amount of time back there. You have to give a QB more than half a season. I guess the Giants should've dumped Eli after his rookie season in which he was 10x worse than Clemens was in 2007.

Yes.

This does not explain why he regressed in training camp...

Hold on just one second. The way I understand it is the fans were cheering out of support of Clemens, not because Pennington got hurt. :lol:

You make a good point about the 2007 season and I think most people felt that playing on such a bad team with limited number of opportunities is not a fair gauge.

That being said, my major concern with Clemens (I can't speak for everybody else) is that last year, Pennington was beating him out in the quarterback battle. Check that: Clemens was losing it by throwing many picks in practice where as Pennington was doing what he always did: playing caustiously and doing just enough, but not distinguishing himself. The major reason the front office traded for Brett Favre was because they didn't feel Clemens could get the job done (at least that season) and felt Pennington was going to get them nowhere (at best a wild card that would get blown out in the playoffs). If Clemens was beating out Pennington (younger, stronger arm, drafted by this front office), than Favre doesn't become a Jet.

Clemens had a golden opportunity last offseason and in his third year in the system, he should have taken full advantage (let's face facts, they wanted him to win the job). Instead, he choked.

You make a good point about the 2007 season and I think most people felt that playing on such a bad team with limited number of opportunities is not a fair gauge.

That being said, my major concern with Clemens (I can't speak for everybody else) is that last year, Pennington was beating him out in the quarterback battle. Check that: Clemens was losing it by throwing many picks in practice where as Pennington was doing what he always did: playing caustiously and doing just enough, but not distinguishing himself. The major reason the front office traded for Brett Favre was because they didn't feel Clemens could get the job done (at least that season) and felt Pennington was going to get them nowhere (at best a wild card that would get blown out in the playoffs). If Clemens was beating out Pennington (younger, stronger arm, drafted by this front office), than Favre doesn't become a Jet.

Clemens had a golden opportunity last offseason and in his third year in the system, he should have taken full advantage (let's face facts, they wanted him to win the job). Instead, he choked.

All the excuses or reasons (you decide) for Clemens only amount to the concept that 'maybe he doesn't suck'. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest that 'maybe he's good'.

Unfortunately.

One other thing regarding the Clemens and Sanchez debate is that they're both throwing picks against our defense. Clemens' just aren't being highlighted or singled out as much as Sanchez' INT's are.

All the excuses or reasons (you decide) for Clemens only amount to the concept that 'maybe he doesn't suck'. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest that 'maybe he's good'.

Unfortunately.

There isn't? A 3-4 record with a **** supporting cast shows nothing? The second half of the Baltimore game, the Washington game, the Miami game and the Pittsburgh games show nothing?

Right. :rl:

One other thing regarding the Clemens and Sanchez debate is that they're both throwing picks against our defense. Clemens' just aren't being highlighted or singled out as much as Sanchez' INT's are.

Sanchez has had more incompletions and interceptions overall.

Just saying. :)

Archived