Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

There isn't? A 3-4 record with a **** supporting cast shows nothing? The second half of the Baltimore game, the Washington game, the Miami game and the Pittsburgh games show nothing?

Right. :rl:

So what about not being able to beat out Pennington last year? What's the reason that didn't happen?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what about not being able to beat out Pennington last year? What's the reason that didn't happen?

He didn't beat him out? Really? I thought we landed Brett Favre and we had no idea who was going to win the competition seeing as we had 3 weeks and 4 Preseason Games to go. The only things I remember reading were that the beat reporters slightly favored Pennington and David Bowens came on Sirius NFL radio after he was released this offseason and stated that Clemens would've been the QB if not for Favre.

We don't know who would've won that competition, but I'll go with the player over the beat reporters.

There isn't? A 3-4 record with a **** supporting cast shows nothing? The second half of the Baltimore game, the Washington game, the Miami game and the Pittsburgh games show nothing?

Right. :rl:

Everyone kicked the crap out of Miami, and the Pittsburgh game wasn't about QB performance.

He's shown that at times he can 'not suck', nothing more.

He's shown that at times he can 'not suck', nothing more.

He also showed he can lead a comeback against THE MIGHTY REX RYAN AND HIS MAD PROFESSOR SCHEMES!!!, if not for Justin McCareins.

Oh and that he can take a crappy Offensive unit and go 3-4 with it while the mighty Chadwick goes 1-7.

He didn't beat him out? Really? I thought we landed Brett Favre and we had no idea who was going to win the competition seeing as we had 3 weeks and 4 Preseason Games to go. The only things I remember reading were that the beat reporters slightly favored Pennington and David Bowens came on Sirius NFL radio after he was released this offseason and stated that Clemens would've been the QB if not for Favre.

We don't know who would've won that competition, but I'll go with the player over the beat reporters.

There are few people on this planet who dislike Chad Pennington as a QB more than I do. Every report we read, from reporters and fans alike, said that Chad was the favorite, and it was basically because he 'sucked less'.

He also showed he can lead a comeback against THE MIGHTY REX RYAN AND HIS MAD PROFESSOR SCHEMES!!!, if not for Justin McCareins.

Oh and that he can take a crappy Offensive unit and go 3-4 with it while the mighty Chadwick goes 1-7.

Everyone forgets that it only would have been to tie.

And you'll get no argument from me about Chad, I wanted no more of Chad in 2005.

Everyone forgets that it only would have been to tie.

So what? It was 20-3 and Clemens had already led them to 10 unanswered, 17 unanswered in one quarter against that defense would've been great. The Jets would've controlled the momentum heading into Overtime. I don't think Chad Pennington EVER led us back from 17 down.

FYI, Favre was traded for in August 2008.

So Chad and Clemens had at least 4 months of OTAs and practices competing against each other before Favre even showed up.

So, under your argument, if Clemens is outperforming Sanchez for the next 2 months until the 1st preseason game are you going to say that:

We don't know who should start yet because we still have 4 preseason games to go?

or

That Clemens should start and the competition is over?

I really don't remember Bowens saying that (I'd have to take your word for it), but he seems to be in the minority.

As for Favre, what part of "If Clemens were winning the job, we would not have traded for Brett Favre" are you not understanding?

So what? It was 20-3 and Clemens had already led them to 10 unanswered, 17 unanswered in one quarter against that defense would've been great. The Jets would've controlled the momentum heading into Overtime. I don't think Chad Pennington EVER led us back from 17 down.

So what? So, you don't earn a title of 'good player' by almost tying up a game once.

Again, arguments of what Chad can or can't do are irrelevent. Being better than Chad does not mean being good.

So, under your argument, if Clemens is outperforming Sanchez for the next 2 months until the 1st preseason game are you going to say that:

We don't know who should start yet because we still have 4 preseason games to go?

or

That Clemens should start and the competition is over?

We don't know who we should start yet because you have three/four weeks with four Preseason Games to go. What they do in the games should lead to who becomes the starting QB Week 1 in Houston more than anything else.

As for Favre, what part of "If Clemens were winning the job, we would not have traded for Brett Favre" are you not understanding?

Do you really, honestly, believe that? Look at our owner and everything he has done. You wanted to rely on beat reporters who said Chad was winning the competition, right? Okay then, rely on the beat reporters when they said that Mangini and Tannenbaum wanted zero part of Favre, it was all Woody Johnson looking for some sex appeal and to sell, sell, sell.

It is no world secret that Woody is jealous of the Giants and the Jets never getting the back page, until of course we landed Brett Favre.

Mark Sanchez, a pretty boy from California who was a Top 5 pick in the draft and the "sexy pick" to make, gives the team more sex appeal for a longer amount of time. Kellen Clemens doesn't sell to half of Jets Nation, Woody knows this. He isn't stupid, he's just greedy. He wants his cake and wants to eat it too. He wants sex appeal and wins, not just wins.

So what? So, you don't earn a title of 'good player' by almost tying up a game once.

Was not his fault that the game wasn't tied.

You have to give Quarterbacks more than seven starts. Period.

Sanchez has had more incompletions and interceptions overall.

Just saying. :)

As anyone without an agenda would expect of a rookie, in a system for the first time. Clemens, in his fourth year in the system, should be able to run away with this, but he clearly is not. He's throwing plenty of incompletions, and interceptions as well, while Sanchez has shown improvement over the first OTA's. You better get used to the idea of kissing that poster of Clemens on your wall goodbye :P

As anyone without an agenda would expect of a rookie, in a system for the first time. Clemens, in his fourth year in the system, should be able to run away with this, but he clearly is not. He's throwing plenty of incompletions, and interceptions as well, while Sanchez has shown improvement over the first OTA's. You better get used to the idea of kissing that poster of Clemens on your wall goodbye :P

I wish I had a Clemens poster instead of the stupid Pennington Fathead that I have above my TV. :face:

KC is leading for now, but I think Sanchez will and should start Week 1. He was a Top 5 pick, time to play him. Its too late to turn back now unless he really sucks up the joint.

We don't know who we should start yet because you have three/four weeks with four Preseason Games to go. What they do in the games should lead to who becomes the starting QB Week 1 in Houston more than anything else.

I shall remember this post of yours.

Count on it. ;)

I shall remember this post of yours.

Count on it. ;)

Go right ahead dude, I firmly believe in a Quarterback Competition, if you're going to have a real one, for it to last through the ENTIRE Preseason. After the 4th Preseason Game, after you've evaluated all the OTA's, Minicamp's, Training Camp's and Games, THEN you make your decision. The games holding the most importance to me.

Carson Palmer says hello.

Good rebuttal, but Palmer, when he was drafted, had several things that Sanchez did not: Palmer had prototype size, a considerably bigger arm, and he had a track record (though spotty) at USC that allowed the Bengals to have a decent snapshot of what they were getting. The Jets just drafted a shorter, weaker-armed, less-accomplished player in Sanchez, and, as such, are gambling like little old drunk ladies losing their Social Security checks into slot machines at Foxwoods.

The Ravens had one of the league's worst pass defenses in 2007.

I really don't remember Bowens saying that (I'd have to take your word for it), but he seems to be in the minority.

Sooo... what part of "Clemens is beating out Sanchez right now" don't YOU understand? Let's not hand this job to the pretty boy without a fair competition... something that Clemens never got.

JPONTneuaF4

Oh when you’re down and you’re looking for some cheering up

Then just head right on up to the candy mountain cave

When you get inside you find yourself a cheery land

Such a happy and joy filled and perky merry land

They’ve got lollipops and gummidrops and candy things

Oh so many things that will brighten up your day

It’s impossible to wear a frown in candy town

It’s the neck of lovely candy cave

They’ve got jellybeans and coconut with little hats

Candy rats, chocolate bats, it’s a wonderland of sweets

Buy the candy train to town and hear the candy band

Candy bells, it’s a treat, as they march across the land

Cherry ribbon stream across the sky and to the ground

Turn around, it astounds, it’s a dancing candy treat

In the candy cave imagination runs so free

So now Charlie before you go into the cave

I swear to God, I knew this video by heart two years ago. Everyone in my 8th grade class did. :lol: What losers we all were. Can't deny how great this video is.

I'm in College and it has circulated around the college scenes as well. Charlie The Unicorn is a legend.

Not so much anymore though. Now its all about that homo Asher Roth. Another one hit wonder whose song will be played out this summer and by September will be a lost figure for the remainder of his life.

I hope he cashes in on it.

Archived