Mike Tannenbaum On The Hot Seat?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And all of these moves have gotten you what?

-A roller coaster ride alternating between a 10 win and 4 win team.

-No division titles in 6 and counting seasons.

For all his moves, he has been unable to sove the QB issue. Now, he made a daring move to fix that.

I know finding a franchise QB in the 6th round is so easy

GFY

Yes, Mike Tannenbaum has brought in some good players, he also has brought in some not so good players

But GMs are measured the same way as head coaches.

So if Mike Tannenbaum is such a great GM, who has build awesome championship caliber teams-- how many playoff games have the Jets won since MT has become the GM?

There are three reasons Scott Pioli is viewed as a great GM, they are the same three reasons Bill Belichick is viewed as a great coach

Gholston is a perfect example. There is nothing wrong with Gholston as an NFL player. He would make a great addition to any team that runs a 4-3 defense. He however, is useless to a team that runs the 3-4.

Here is where, in trying to be clever and oh so knowledgeable, in your never ending Jet bashing, you screw up. You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact is, as of right now, Gholston is a complete bust. It has nothing to do with 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, etc. He lacks the basic insticts to play any position in any scheme. Hopefully, that will change. And if it does, it will not be because Rex read your post and changed to a 4-3 defense.

Here is where, in trying to be clever and oh so knowledgeable, in your never ending Jet bashing, you screw up. You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact is, as of right now, Gholston is a complete bust. It has nothing to do with 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, etc. He lacks the basic insticts to play any position in any scheme. Hopefully, that will change. And if it does, it will not be because Rex read your post and changed to a 4-3 defense.

I just think there a bunch of young players who were never been given a fair shot under Mangini. We all know the names.

so wait a minute 3-7 are you saying we musicians are flaky?

No, Mr Jimmy. Youre supposed to be planning ahead until you make it big and hire me as your Booking Agent/Manager.

Bill Pa is supposed to stick it out and deliver a championship without bankrupting the franchise. Just watch, he will give Jason Taylor a big payday for coming back home.

No, Mr Jimmy. Youre supposed to be planning ahead until you make it big and hire me as your Booking Agent/Manager.

Bill Pa is supposed to stick it out and deliver a championship without bankrupting the franchise. Just watch, he will give Jason Taylor a big payday for coming back home.

no 37 you're gonna be one of the guys checking the groupies stats to see which ones are allowed backstage. NJ is gonna be my booking agent/drummer since he's actually doing a gig today with Heart that he booked-I'm jealous

I disagree.

Gholston had virtually no 3 - 4 experience at Ohio State. He played in something similar from time to time according to draft reports. If you have to think out on the field for very long youre doomed as a player. What to do in virtually any situation should be instinctive if youve practiced/trained for it.

And all of these moves have gotten you what?

-A roller coaster ride alternating between a 10 win and 4 win team.

-No division titles in 6 and counting seasons.

For all his moves, he has been unable to sove the QB issue. Now, he made a daring move to fix that.

News to Cheater trolls - Tanny has only been GM for 3 years, not 6 so he can only be judged on the last 3 years. Also as previously mentioned, Tanny does not coach the team. He has acquired good talent, and now with a compentent coach the results will be different.

I disagree.

Gholston had virtually no 3 - 4 experience at Ohio State. He played in something similar from time to time according to draft reports. If you have to think out on the field for very long youre doomed as a player. What to do in virtually any situation should be instinctive if youve practiced/trained for it.

To think, as suggested, that Gholston would be a "great addition" in a 4-3, versus, what we can all agree is a bust so far in the 3-4, is ridiculous. You have to have instincts to play any position. The subtle differences in a 3-4 OLB versus a 4-3 OLB can't possibly make the difference between great addition and bust. It was not a mistake drafting Gholston just because the Jets play in a 3-4 versus a 4-3. If Gholston fails, it was simply becuase he did not have what is needed above the neck to play in the NFL. Period.

To think, as suggested, that Gholston would be a "great addition" in a 4-3, versus, what we can all agree is a bust so far in the 3-4, is ridiculous. You have to have instincts to play any position. The subtle differences in a 3-4 OLB versus a 4-3 OLB can't possibly make the difference between great addition and bust. It was not a mistake drafting Gholston just because the Jets play in a 3-4 versus a 4-3. If Gholston fails, it was simply becuase he did not have what is needed above the neck to play in the NFL. Period.

I'm just not ready to call either Kellen Clemens, Vernon, Lowery, or Henry busts until I actually SEE them play football and NOT be bullyied by an A-hole HC and benched DM...I refuse to use the B word...yet

I agree he is on the hot seat.

Tanny not Mangini was the one who drafted Gholston. If Ryan can make Gholston into a probowler than Tanny is off the hook. But if Ryan can't get him to a level that justifies a first round pick, then Tanny can't defect the blame like he did last year.

Mangini didn't bring in Favre.

And Mangini didn't bring in Pace.

Woody had to fire someone last year. Tanny convinced Woody it was Eric's fault not his. If the Jets continue to suck the next firing will be Tanny not Ryan.

Something that Cheaters trolls don't understand is that Favre was 100% Woody's call. He wanted to sell PSL's and forced this to happen. Tanny can't be judged on that signing good or bad.

Gholston can't be labeled a bust yet, and will probably flourish with a great defensive coach and staff now in place. Regardless, Gholston was a consensus top 10 pick at the time and many had him going in the top 5. It's not like Tanny made a crazy pick. If he does wind up being a bust, all GM's have them including your beloved Pioli.

What exactly is wrong with the Pace signing? He was one of the best defensive players on the team last year. If you are bringing this up because of the suspension, last I looked most teams have a player that gets suspended at one time or another, including your Cheaters. You need to look at the overall work of a player when all is said and done. Pace is off to a good start IMO.

Lsstly, Tanny didn't convince Woody of anything - the total collapse of the team sealed Mangini's fate.

Something that Cheaters trolls don't understand is that Favre was 100% Woody's call. He wanted to sell PSL's and forced this to happen. Tanny can't be judged on that signing good or bad.

Gholston can't be labeled a bust yet, and will probably flourish with a great defensive coach and staff now in place. Regardless, Gholston was a consensus top 10 pick at the time and many had him going in the top 5. It's not like Tanny made a crazy pick. If he does wind up being a bust, all GM's have them including your beloved Pioli.

What exactly is wrong with the Pace signing? He was one of the best defensive players on the team last year. If you are bringing this up because of the suspension, last I looked most teams have a player that gets suspended at one time or another, including your Cheaters. You need to look at the overall work of a player when all is said and done. Pace is off to a good start IMO.

Lsstly, Tanny didn't convince Woody of anything - the total collapse of the team sealed Mangini's fate.

yup Bill Woody was PISSED. Remember the "he was up all night after the Miami loss" stuff we heard the day after the season ended? He was done with Mangini the minute the season ended. Still, if Tannenbaum doesn't get us to the playoffs-he's next-Woody can't fire himself...

I really don't understand why any jets fan would think he shouldn't be on the hot seat?

We have a losing record since he took over here and the prospects of a winning record this season aren't so hot either

That being said, I think that Sanchex gets him 2 seasons atleast, cause ultimately Tanny's tenure here is going to be tied to Sanchez..

Can I borrow your green tinted glasses? :rolleyes:

So can Tanny be judged on going into last seasons with only Penny and Clemens at the QB position? Which kind of forced the Jets hands when Farve came available? Or sticking with an often injured QB for that matter?

What about the Mangini hiring? Bradway might have been front and center, but Tanny had a relationship with Mangini long before either took a leading role in running the Jets.

Tanny has failed at the two most important positions in the NFL, hiring the right NFL coach and giving him a QB to use. Firing Mangini was the proverbial "firing of the coordinators" by a HC.

yup Bill Woody was PISSED. Remember the "he was up all night after the Miami loss" stuff we heard the day after the season ended? He was done with Mangini the minute the season ended. Still, if Tannenbaum doesn't get us to the playoffs-he's next-Woody can't fire himself...

I agree

Woody has shelled out a lot of coin: Pace, Jenkins, Faneca, Woody, 12M for Favre. Just to name a few and if the team doesnt start to perform well, the common denominator is Tanny.

That's just ridiculous, unless I am misunderstanding. If the Jets don't get to the playoffs this year, he should be fired? I think he has at least a couple more years, until we how Sanchez works out. You can't blame Tannenbaum this year if we don't get to the playoffs.

That's just ridiculous, unless I am misunderstanding. If the Jets don't get to the playoffs this year, he should be fired? I think he has at least a couple more years, until we how Sanchez works out. You can't blame Tannenbaum this year if we don't get to the playoffs.

What?

Yes, you can. He has been on the job for three years. His actions are the reason you are on your second coach and fourth QB since he took over.

He wanted Mangini.

He stayed with Chad after....wait for it...he was injured again....during the 2005 season.

He drafted Clemens.

He tried fitting the round hole with the square peg (Farve).

He could not close the deal with Cowher. Or Spagnola.

How much of the ineptness from Bradway's regime can be credited to Tanny being the Assistant GM?

The next axe to fall will be on Tanny.

What?

Yes, you can. He has been on the job for three years. His actions are the reason you are on your second coach and fourth QB since he took over.

He wanted Mangini.

He stayed with Chad after....wait for it...he was injured again....during the 2005 season.

He drafted Clemens.

He tried fitting the round hole with the square peg (Farve).

He could not close the deal with Cowher. Or Spagnola.

How much of the ineptness from Bradway's regime can be credited to Tanny being the Assistant GM?

The next axe to fall will be on Tanny.

Could not close the deal with Cowher or Spangola?

Cowher didn't want to coach and Spagnola, by all accounts, was unimpressive in his interview with the Jets.

Once they interviewed Ryan, he became the focus they got their man.

You can make some legit criticisms of Tanny but claiming he "dropped the ball" with Cowher and Spags is nothing but your inane and homeriffic hatred of the Jets causing you to make things up in a vain attempt to strengthen your point.

Could not close the deal with Cowher or Spangola?

Cowher didn't want to coach and Spagnola, by all accounts, was unimpressive in his interview with the Jets.

Once they interviewed Ryan, he became the focus they got their man.

You can make some legit criticisms of Tanny but claiming he "dropped the ball" with Cowher and Spags is nothing but your inane and homeriffic hatred of the Jets causing you to make things up in a vain attempt to strengthen your point.

They still went after Cowher and Spags. They both said not only no, but hell no.

They still went after Cowher and Spags. They both said not only no, but hell no.

Absolutely 100% incorrect.

The Jets said hell no to Spags after they interviewed him. He was completely unimpressive.

Cowher made it clear he had no intention of coaching and a lot of the stories of the Jets attempting to interview him were debunked by Cowher himself.

There are plenty of things to complain about when it comes to the Jets and even more things that have happened to make them look bad. If you have to resort to making stuff up you are a bad troll. Jetnation deserves a better class of trolls.

once again Klecko is 100% right Spagnola was never in the running-we may have done our due dilligence but his name NEVER came up in serious discussions anywhere-not on the boards not on the blogs, and not in the MSM

once again Klecko is 100% right Spagnola was never in the running-we may have done our due dilligence but his name NEVER came up in serious discussions anywhere-not on the boards not on the blogs, and not in the MSM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3836524

Due diligence is having a second interview? :rolleyes:

There are plenty of things to complain about when it comes to the Jets and even more things that have happened to make them look bad. If you have to resort to making stuff up you are a bad troll. Jetnation deserves a better class of trolls.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/12/spagnuolo_to_interview_with_je.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/01/03/2009-01-03_giants_defensive_coordinator_steve_spagn.html

You fail as a Jets fan and troll. Congrats.

I suggest you actually read the ESPN article you posted.

The only reason Spags got the second interview is because Woody was out of the country when he had his first interview with Tanny and he wanted a face to face.

Later in the article it also points out that Ryan was already the front runner for the job.

You continue to suck at the internet.

Archived