New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins @ H.H.H. Metrodome Series Thread

Otter

The Yankees start a 6 game road trip with 3 at Minnesota.

New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins @ H.H.H. Metrodome

(July 7, 8, 9)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png100px-Minnesota_Twins_Insignia.svg.png

Tuesday

8:10 My9

4553.jpg vs. 6261.jpg

C.C. Sabathia (7-5, 3.85) Scott Baker (6-6, 4.99)

Wednesday

8:10 YES

4153.jpg vs. 6482.jpg

A.J. Burnett (7-4, 3.83) Glen Perkins (4-4, 4.38)

Thursday

1:10 YES

TBA vs. TBA

Gotta take at least 2 out of 3, and win another series. I wonder whose pitching the finale. Probably Aceves, or Mitre.

I agree. The Yanks need to get two out of three here. Especially considering the fact that they play the Angels next. We know those series never turn out right.

Give Aceves the start. Mitre is the kind of guy you bring up if you don't have an Aceves on your roster. The Yankees aren't the type of team that can just go around throwing games away.

Yes, I do realize that by making that comment the chances of Mitre pitching well are significantly increased but who cares...go with Aceves.

Why don't they just start Aceves/Hughes and then have one of them relieved by Aceves/Hughes? Seems like a fine plan to me. Combined, they can go 6 or 7 no problem.

I like that, for the one game. That buys them a week to figure out something for the longer term.

Why don't they just start Aceves/Hughes and then have one of them relieved by Aceves/Hughes? Seems like a fine plan to me. Combined, they can go 6 or 7 no problem.

Because you're thinking outside the box (I prefer thoughts of inside, but that is another matter.) It's almost as if the Yankee brass won't change anything up just to prove that they were right.

THIS TIME LAST SEASON: The Yankees were 45-40 and 7.5 games back after 85 games last season.

I don't know, I just have a very good feeling about the second half. With the way they're playing now and the fact that they're 0-8 vs. the Sox and still only one game back (they CAN'T lose them ALL, can they?), I think they're in very good shape considering.

THIS TIME LAST SEASON: The Yankees were 45-40 and 7.5 games back after 85 games last season.

I don't know, I just have a very good feeling about the second half. With the way they're playing now and the fact that they're 0-8 vs. the Sox and still only one game back (they CAN'T lose them ALL, can they?), I think they're in very good shape considering.

0 and 8 against the Sox is hard to believe. The fact that they are 0 and 8 and are only 1 game back is actually even harder to believe.

This team is playing well though. Nice that they can win games without hitting home runs as well. :-P

per Peter Abraham, Perkins is sick (faking piece of **** doesn't want to get hit hard by Yanks again)... lol

Swarzak is starting tonight, and Liriano starts tomorrow against Aceves.

its so funny everytime i hear or see that... i used to play right along side this freaking Pot-head :rl:

Archived