Anyone catch this Gholston slam in the Daily News?

T0mShane

Vernon Gholston, he of the five-tackle, no-sack, no-impact rookie season, is perhaps the biggest enigma on the Jets. He was the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft, freakishly athletic, but his lack of production, coupled with what some teammates perceive as a lack of fire, has made him a mystery man in his own locker room. "He's strong as hell, but the question is, does he want it?" said one player, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. He's got talent, and he doesn't lack confidence, but sometimes he's like an 18-year-old kid who's never played the game before." New York Daily News

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone from his team stepped up and killed him, though you hate to see it done anonymously. He really is bad, like, if he was a UDFA, he wouldn't make the team-type bad.

As long as it was stated anonymously I'll assume it's Cimini quoting Arsis.

Wouldn't be the first time a poster on JN or JI was quoted as an anonymous source in something that appeared in the Daily News. :rolleyes:

As long as it was stated anonymously I'll assume it's Cimini quoting Arsis.

Wouldn't be the first time a poster on JN or JI was quoted as an anonymous source in something that appeared in the Daily News. :rolleyes:

Why would he quote me anonymously? I'd put my name to that quote. I'd say it to Gholston's face and when I wake up in an hour or two I'll post about how Gholston knocked me out with one punch.

Why would he quote me anonymously? I'd put my name to that quote. I'd say it to Gholston's face and when I wake up in an hour or two I'll post about how Gholston knocked me out with one punch.

Because he wants to make it seem like its from someone who actually knows wtf they are talking about and he knows that people like you will eat it up because he is quoting you right back to you. :Nuts:

Actions speak louder than words, and by all accounts Gholston appears much improved from last season. No way to know for sure until preseason starts, but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch because he doesn't have Bart Scott's mouth.

On the other hand, the fact that he doesn't trash-talk or have a sack dance is ample evidence that he's the worst football player in the history of the universe. So who knows what to think?

Actions speak louder than words, and by all accounts Gholston appears much improved from last season. No way to know for sure until preseason starts, but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch because he doesn't have Bart Scott's mouth.

On the other hand, the fact that he doesn't trash-talk or have a sack dance is ample evidence that he's the worst football player in the history of the universe. So who knows what to think?

That is a wicked strawman right there. I didn't think they made strawmen like that anymore.

There is no way to know if he has a sack dance or not... unless he broke out his sack dance on one of his 5 tackles last year...

Please. If the Jets didn't draft Gholston BB would have run up on stage and dry humped the kid's leg.

Wrong again.

Vrabel pumped iron with Mr Lackadaisical all off season. NE saw this coming.

Real stupid to suggest your team passed on a guy they had no chance to draft. :rolleyes:

The only thing stupid is to believe NE wouldnt have moved up to get him if he was all that. If NE had no chance then why were the Jets so afraid that NE would take him as rumors suggested?

Duh :lol:

Wrong again.

The only thing stupid is to believe NE wouldnt have moved up to get him if he was all that. If NE had no chance then why were the Jets so afraid that NE would take him as rumors suggested?

:hand:

Your 20/20 hindsight is brilliant. :rolleyes:

You're right, Belichick never made a single bad draft pick.

Wrong again.

Gholston is a ****ty football player right now and may turn out to be a complete washout, but he is all-world in the weight room. I find it hard to believe that anybody is going to learn Gholston would be a bad football player lifting with him. Do you imagine that he showed lack of effort in the weight room?

Gholston is a ****ty football player right now and may turn out to be a complete washout, but he is all-world in the weight room. I find it hard to believe that anybody is going to learn Gholston would be a bad football player lifting with him. Do you imagine that he showed lack of effort in the weight room?

No, he's just talking out of his ass as usual.

No, not lifting weights but you could certainly get a feel for a persons intelligence, demeanor, work ethic and find how much football means to him by training with him. Ya know? Does this guy want to be the next LT or just content on making 1st string and a big payday.

NE has had success with smart guys that live and breath football and not dim bulb body builders.

No, not lifting weights but you could certainly get a feel for a persons intelligence, demeanor, work ethic and find how much football means to him by training with him. Ya know? Does this guy want to be the next LT or just content on making 1st string and a big payday.

NE has had success with smart guys that live and breath football and not dim bulb body builders.

Gholston got his degree in three and a half years. You are wrong as usual.

Who else could we have taken there?

That draft had a "big six" and he was the last one available.

I didn't want him either, but we didn't have much of a choice.

Very true,considering the reports of how thorough our combine interviews were I beleive Mangini didn't even want him.He was just too much of a project to be able to compete in a system where players are to be flexible.

I reckoned he learned his lesson,we got to trade up for such a small price for Sanchez was probably down to Mangini not liking any of the prospects at that stage of the draft.

Archived