Is Leon Washington worth more than $5 million/year?

Alk

Is Leon Washington worth more than $5 million/year?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Leon Washington worth more than $5 million/year?

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. For the most part it seems that majority of you agree with me that Leon just isn't worth more than $5 million/year but there have been a few that think he's worth more.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. For the most part it seems that majority of you agree with me that Leon just isn't worth more than $5 million/year but there have been a few that think he's worth more.

There are some knuckleheads out there that think he is. Good poll, I'm curios to see as well.

I think that he is worth more than 5 million but with the Jets cap situation I dont think that he will get more.

talent wise, certainly.

Leon can kiss my black ass if he thinks he's worth more than the best RB in the league--Adrian Peterson.

Isn't All Day still on his rookie contract? If that's the case his salary is really insignificant, see what he gets on his second deal and compare LW to other backs on their second deal's. I think he's borderline worth 5, but it's tough to say because you need to see how he does with more touches.

Leon 5' 8'' 195. No way a RB that small can be an every down back in the NFL. Just ask another small FSU RB, Warrick Dunn at 5' 9'' 187.

Just because a coach is scared to give him the chance to be a starting RB doesn't mean he can't be. If he becoms a FA somebody will give him big money, and the football, and he'll be worth every penny.

Leon 5' 8'' 195. No way a RB that small can be an every down back in the NFL. Just ask another small FSU RB, Warrick Dunn at 5' 9'' 187.

Just because a coach is scared to give him the chance to be a starting RB doesn't mean he can't be. If he becoms a FA somebody will give him big money, and the football, and he'll be worth every penny.

Nice post I pretty much said the same thing in the other Leon thread. I made a list of other players to compare in another thread I might as well copy it here just for some more examples.

Brian Westbrook: 5'10" 203

Tiki Barber: 5'10" 205

Curtis Martin: 5"11" 210

Chris Johnson 5"11 200

I'd be wicked scared to play a smaller player like Leon big money with alot of years attached. I mean, how many Brian Westbrooks are there?

I'd be wicked scared to play a smaller player like Leon big money with alot of years attached. I mean, how many Brian Westbrooks are there?

Imagine if Andy Reid said....

I'm wicked scared to play a smaller player like Brian big money with alot of years attached. I mean, how many Warrick Dunns are there?

Just think about it this way. The cap right now is 127 million. If we pay him 5 mil it would be roughly equivalent to about 4% of the salary cap. Does that really seem that extreme to you?

If your still scared think about the fact that either there won't be a salary cap in the future or if there is it will remain to go up (the cap went up 18 million over the past two years since the new CBA).

I guarentee you that he would not.

Nobody is paying a KR and a back-up RB more than $5 million a year, or even $5 million a year. Except maybe our dumbass organization.

They would because players as explosive and as versatile as Leon Washington are very rare in the NFL. The guy is going to get paid one way or another. Some team would take a shot on him as a starter and I wouldn't be shocked if it paid off Brian Westbrook style.

The guy has done nothing but make plays when he gets the ball regardless of how he gets it.

For what he does, he isn't worth more than $3.

You're right about that. For what he does he's not worth that. It doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to be worth that and when somebody else pays him enough he'll prove it.

If any high salaried player in the NFL right now was grossly underused they'd be overpaid for "what they do" as well as opposed to what they could do if used properly.

He is a part time playmaker and nobody is giving a part time playmaker that type of money.

He isn't built like Westbrook. His height and weight may be similar, but his upper body isn't even close, nor are his legs.

He is a part time playmaker and nobody is giving a part time playmaker that type of money.

He isn't built like Westbrook. His height and weight may be similar, but his upper body isn't even close, nor are his legs.

I think he compares favorably to Warrick Dunn in Ht/Wt/Skills

In the few carries he's been given in the NFL he's shown he can be a difference maker.

I guess if the Jets fail to sign him we'll see what happens.

Archived