JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Yes, we've seen a game with many roled townies, but EY and CTM are suggested that the 15 non scum team each have a role. That would be something we've never seen before and I doubt it would be workable.

Unvote: Klecko

Vote: SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, we've seen a game with many roled townies, but EY and CTM are suggested that the 15 non scum team each have a role. That would be something we've never seen before and I doubt it would be workable.

From the sign-up thread:

I just want to hear back from those people i mentioned. I can make it 16 people but i think you'd enjoy the chaos of 20 souped up characters myself :P

From this thread:

1) Expect the unexpected. There should be a lot of things you've never experienced before in this game. Roles vary from traditional to nontraditional.

Need to go? Okay, lead the lynch. That will have a LOL ending.

As to the "reveal", I'm calling BS. There are no "suped up" characters for the game. How can you have every townie have a power role? It simply couldn't work the way you're suggesting it.

Then whats the point of a game with superheros if they all dont have some type of ability ?

EY and CTM can you guys sum up exactly why you suspect SMC as scum ? I just dont see it , at least at this point I dont. Not at all. You seem to be basing your claims on past games and past play which makes no sense to some of the people currently playing THIS game.

1) He is acting how he has in the past as scum.

2) He is saying we can't use tells because these players don't have tells (so what do we use?)

3) He is offering a random lynch as the best proposition for today.

4) He is fishing for information that he should't be.

5) He is trying to standardize a game that we've been told is anything but.

Then whats the point of a game with superheros if they all dont have some type of ability ?

The point? I don't know. But it's hard to fathom thinking it through. If we use CTM's 50/25/25 setup for a 20 player game that means:

10 town

5 scum

5 power.

But if everyone is "suped up", that means there are actually 15 power roles for the town and 5 scum. I can't see how that could work.

As far as I can remember, I have not been in a single game in which the town power roles out-numbered the anti-town faction. So based on my experience, my numbers are 100% correct and yours are not.

And again, explain how players are 'suped up' game-wise rather than that being pure role flavor. And I'm talking about run-of-the-mill super townie. What are their game specific powers?

The all not in the gamily game was pretty close, if i remember. We had a vig, doc, cop, rolebolocker, 1 bulletproof and 1 watcher/bulletproof combo.

I know JVOR was a fan of that setup, which is why I think he could've outdone it...

2) He is saying we can't use tells because these players don't have tells (so what do we use?)

What exactly is a tell ?

As I said earlier, self delusion is a wonderful thing.

What exactly is a tell ?

A tell?

Like in poker, a read you get on someone based on how they play the game...

If you're asking specifics, it's harder to articulate, but SMC, as scum, plays a very balanced, be everyone's bff game, and then he strikes last minute.

Could I be wrong here, yeah, but at least we're not killing anyone too powerful. ;)

Woah.. Now you are mischaracterizing this completely..

I am simply saying that i find it highly unlikely that we only have 3 town power roles in a game of 20 - as you tried to protray when arguing for the random lynch..

As I said earlier, self delusion is a wonderful thing.

To quote Aten, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

And if you're a roleless town, then at least our random lynch didn't take out someone important.

This game is a marathon, and it will play itself out... I don't want to lose someone valuable on day one.

The all not in the gamily game was pretty close, if i remember. We had a vig, doc, cop, rolebolocker, 1 bulletproof and 1 watcher/bulletproof combo.

I know JVOR was a fan of that setup, which is why I think he could've outdone it...

I know, that was a great game setup by you, but the numbers as I mentioned above would seem absurd and decidely anti mafia.

Let's say the mafia has super game powers (I believe it's the case), would having EVERY townie have a game-specific power being balancing out or giving townies an unfair advantage?

Props to JVoR if he gave everyone a game-specific power. I can't see how it would work out.

EY and CTM can you guys sum up exactly why you suspect SMC as scum ? I just dont see it , at least at this point I dont. Not at all. You seem to be basing your claims on past games and past play which makes no sense to some of the people currently playing THIS game.

The first thing to me was when he at first ignored some accusations against him and when he finally did address, he did so in a generic way,without confronting or quoting a single one of his accusers. I don't know him to be non confrontational unless he's scum...

From them on, it's only gotten worse...

Woah.. Now you are mischaracterizing this completely..

I am simply saying that i find it highly unlikely that we only have 3 town power roles in a game of 20 - as you tried to protray when arguing for the random lynch..

Wait, you disagree with EY that everyone has game-specific role?

Because that's what EY is saying. He's saying that there are 20 "suped up" characters. I read that as game flavor rather than literal. EY is arguing that it is literal.

The point? I don't know. But it's hard to fathom thinking it through. If we use CTM's 50/25/25 setup for a 20 player game that means:

10 town

5 scum

5 power.

But if everyone is "suped up", that means there are actually 15 power roles for the town and 5 scum. I can't see how that could work.

Villains are always more powerful than the heroes. Which is the reason why you have the JLA and Avengers in the first place. You are scum because you have no idea what is going on with the townie side of things. If you were a good guy you would know how these things work.

I know, that was a great game setup by you, but the numbers as I mentioned above would seem absurd and decidely anti mafia.

Let's say the mafia has super game powers (I believe it's the case), would having EVERY townie have a game-specific power being balancing out or giving townies an unfair advantage?

Maybe 2 scum teams, conversions, who knows??

Props to JVoR if he gave everyone a game-specific power. I can't see how it would work out.

Wait!

WHy are you giving props to JVOR for giving everyone a game specific power when you already said that you don't have one? If you don't have a power, how could everyone have a power??

I'm locking in my vote and am not moving with that one..

Wait, you disagree with EY that everyone has game-specific role?

Because that's what EY is saying. He's saying that there are 20 "suped up" characters. I read that as game flavor rather than literal. EY is arguing that it is literal.

I'm taking JVORs statement as not a mistake. I'm also including the fact that he PM'd me twice (NOT GAME PMS) asking me to play so that he could get to his 20, because he really wanted his 20 player setup... This was also obvious in the thread.

Having only 16 meant that he would have had to lose some juice on both sides, which he clearly did not want to do.

Maybe 2 scum teams, conversions, who knows??

Wait!

WHy are you giving props to JVOR for giving everyone a game specific power when you already said that you don't have one? If you don't have a power, how could everyone have a power??

I'm locking in my vote and am not moving with that one..

I didn't say that. I said I didn't have a "suped up" power as EY suggested.

Lock in your vote, go right ahead. You'll look foolish in the end.

I'm taking JVORs statement as not a mistake. I'm also including the fact that he PM'd me twice (NOT GAME PMS) asking me to play so that he could get to his 20, because he really wanted his 20 player setup... This was also obvious in the thread.

Having only 16 meant that he would have had to lose some juice on both sides, which he clearly did not want to do.

Come on man, you're using outside game info. How am I supposed to know that?

What did you mean by this exactly? Cause it reads to me as you claiming roleless townie

What is your game specific power, EY, based on being a 'suped up characters'?

I can tell you right now that I don't have one.

You're either scum or having a bad paying day. You look really bad with all of this. My vote sticks with you now.

You're either scum or having a bad paying day. You look really bad with all of this. My vote sticks with you now.

Hardly.

The "case" against me is weak at best. You're feeding off each other based on false assumptions.

If JVoR has been designing the game for weeks, you think he's going to have a game flaw? How does that make sense?

Also, the power roles likely have an extra power. I would guess that the cop has the power to do an extra investigation. Things of that nature.

Explain to me how a game of supers would work if every single player had a game-specific power?

What is your game specific power, EY, based on being a 'suped up characters'?

I can tell you right now that I don't have one.

:confused:

"game specific power" and "role" is that same in your book?

Besides, if I had a "role", why would I even hint at it now? That makes no sense.

why don't you explain the difference for the newer guys, and the veteran guys who also think they're identical.

Besides, if I had a "role", why would I even hint at it now? That makes no sense.

It is too me..

A game specific power = roled. No powers = townie..

Besides, when you were giving props to JVOR, you used the word POWER. not roles. So earlier, you said you had no game specific power, then gave props to JVOR if he gave everyone a game specific power, which would be impossible if you didn't have one. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar..

So you're saying you're either scum or have a traditional power and want to be night-killed? Which is stupid if you have a traditional role.

Villains are always more powerful than the heroes. Which is the reason why you have the JLA and Avengers in the first place. You are scum because you have no idea what is going on with the townie side of things. If you were a good guy you would know how these things work.

How would he ? This does not make sense to me . I could understand the scum knowing whats going on with one another but how would townies ?

All of these arguements aganist SMC just seem very weak to me this early in the game.

So you guys differ on the game set up, thats hardly a reason to call someone scum.

As far as I can remember, I have not been in a single game in which the town power roles out-numbered the anti-town faction. So based on my experience, my numbers are 100% correct and yours are not.

And again, explain how players are 'suped up' game-wise rather than that being pure role flavor. And I'm talking about run-of-the-mill super townie. What are their game specific powers?

Do you not remember Doggin's TV land game? Everyone had some sort of special character in that game. I mean hell, I was a recruiting, power-absorbing, serial killer in that game. Granted some roles were a lot more beneficial to town than others, but everyone still had some sort of role, and given the flavor of this game, I'd imagine there is probably a lot more to this than just a standard mafia setup.

How would he ? This does not make sense to me . I could understand the scum knowing whats going on with one another but how would townies ?

All of these arguements aganist SMC just seem very weak to me this early in the game.

So you guys differ on the game set up, thats hardly a reason to call someone scum.

As a townie he would know if everyone had a power or not as he would either have one or not. He narrowed it down to him either being scum or someone with a more traditional Mafia power as he is not 100% sure about the whole power/non power thing. He eliminated himself having no power and having a non-traditional power. He is scum or a target now. Either way vote stays.

Archived