JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Your obviously another one who does not read posts Pac. Crusher voted for me out of the clear blue then gave a weak explanation and claimed he had been following me the whole game you be the judge :) . Ive said my peace.

I resemble that statement!

I have been reading your posts but sometimes when you froth at the mouth like you do the message loses a little.

The vote is subject to change and I'll read more in depth later on... in the meantime I just wanted you to regain control of yourself.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your obviously another one who does not read posts Pac. Crusher voted for me out of the clear blue then gave a weak explanation and claimed he had been following me the whole game you be the judge :) . Ive said my peace.

I read all your post Smash. I just missed the part where you qouted Doggin im that one. I already said that. Why do you say its out of the clear blue when I said yesterday I was going to look at you more today. Your so touchy. Who are you? "Hemorrhoid man"

I read all your post Smash. I just missed the part where you qouted Doggin im that one. I already said that. Why do you say its out of the clear blue when I said yesterday I was going to look at you more today. Your so touchy. Who are you? "Hemorrhoid man"

Crush I didnt see you coming at all. Your vote surprized me, which is fine, hell its day one.

What got me focused on you is now clear. I assumed you went half assed after me and you obviously missed some stuff along the way. Thats a big red flag in my book as to you being directed in some way. At this early stage its the only thing that makes sense to me and thats why my vote is on you. Im not sure how I look scummy other than going after you for my reasons stated in other posts. You know how I play by now .

If Im going to go after someone my explanation is not going to be incriminating. I will most likely check back on my posts to make sure Im not contradicting myself in anyway then move on.

If all this helps the heros in some way down the road then I accomplished something.

Crush I didnt see you coming at all. Your vote surprized me, which is fine, hell its day one.

What got me focused on you is now clear. I assumed you went half assed after me and you obviously missed some stuff along the way. Thats a big red flag in my book as to you being directed in some way. At this early stage its the only thing that makes sense to me and thats why my vote is on you. Im not sure how I look scummy other than going after you for my reasons stated in other posts. You know how I play by now .

If Im going to go after someone my explanation is not going to be incriminating. I will most likely check back on my posts to make sure Im not contradicting myself in anyway then move on.

If all this helps the heros in some way down the road then I accomplished something.

Oh no's that big Fat Crusher snuck up behind me and voted me. you think the shaking trees and cars alrms going off would give it away.

All I know is this, you have been bandwagoning, I missed the one qoute of Doggins, and you reacted very aggrssively to a little bit of pressure.

Im trying my best to scum hunt like I do every game. I try not and read to much what other people spew out their and try and weatch what people are doing. You where bandwagoing and thats the best I had. You starting with Klecko is what brought me onto you. Too many times newbies get attention becasue they are not used to the game.

Oh no's that big Fat Crusher snuck up behind me and voted me. you think the shaking trees and cars alrms going off would give it away.

All I know is this, you have been bandwagoning, I missed the one qoute of Doggins, and you reacted very aggrssively to a little bit of pressure.

Im trying my best to scum hunt like I do every game. I try not and read to much what other people spew out their and try and weatch what people are doing. You where bandwagoing and thats the best I had. You starting with Klecko is what brought me onto you. Too many times newbies get attention becasue they are not used to the game.

Crush the Doggin thing was only a small part of the equasion. When you voted for me you still had me voting on Klecko a vote that was changed long before you posted. yet as you stated you were paying close attention to me because I was bandwagoning.

The Klecko vote was an obvious joke i think thats clear. At the time my only other vote was Sharrow based on some Doggin intel. How then (knowing the Klecko Vote was a joke) am I bandwagoning when there was only one vote on Sharrow and then i changed it to you who had no votes at all ?

Crush the Doggin thing was only a small part of the equasion. When you voted for me you still had me voting on Klecko a vote that was changed long before you posted. yet as you stated you were paying close attention to me because I was bandwagoning.

The Klecko vote was an obvious joke i think thats clear. At the time my only other vote was Sharrow based on some Doggin intel. How then (knowing the Klecko Vote was a joke) am I bandwagoning when there was only one vote on Sharrow and then i changed it to you who had no votes at all ?

Klecko joke was your tradition, got that. Dude I voted you for the reasons stated. I misread the Sharrow vote and thought it was fluff. Votes are jokes jokes are votes, whatever man. When something comes up better than this I will consider moving. until then you reaction to my pressure is enough for me for now.

The only reason we CANNOT reveal our character names is because it would be easy to eliminate scum. He outlawed MASS REVEALS first, but if you got to L-1, you could say your character name, and as long as there was no counterclaim, you'd be good to go... we could do that all day until we hit someone who could be counterclaimed, or couldn't come up with convincing hero.

This is no different than in Bleedin' Green's game and the inherent flaw of games where there are a finite # of reasonable characters.

I was all set to disagree with you, but then I went back and read JVoR's post and sure enough...

Mod ruling: name reveal not allowed but you can describe your superpower. Finite character setup seems to have this problem.

So I'll let that be. Can't say I really agree with the premise, though. Is this like a Peter Petro-whatever rule or something?

This is also why I'm not convinced on Sharrow... Taken from another direction, it's very easy to see how figuring out who is who is very pro-town. There's obviously a punishment for revealing, but there was no mention of a punishment for being unconfirmed and thought to be someone. For now, I'm ok with Sharrow.

I'm not sure how figuring out who is who is pro town. I understand trying to clear innocents in our own heads, but it definitely seems to me that trying to figure out characters would be more of a scum thing to do. What pro town angle do you see?

I'm not sure how figuring out who is who is pro town. I understand trying to clear innocents in our own heads, but it definitely seems to me that trying to figure out characters would be more of a scum thing to do. What pro town angle do you see?

lets say that player A's requirement makes it very obvious he's superman. If follow then that there's then a good chance that the player is innocent, since he's an "good guy"

Smashmouth and Crusher are in cahoots. Trying to make both seem innocent by attacking each other so vigorously.

It's quite possible, good observation for your first game..

I'm not sure what to make of it, seems like Crusher did miss Smash's vote, but Crusher is teh bacon brain afterall. If we get up against a deadline, i'll vote for either of them, even just cause of this unarmed war of words betweent he two of them is making me dizzy..

Sorry guys, wasn't around the weekend and this morning was a bit busy at work so only catching up now. I've been in agreement with the analysis of SMC since the first point of it was brought up. Although, being always suspicious, I'm a little hesitant to jump on what seemed to be a pretty quick gathering train. However, I didn't really keep track of how many actually voted and I also know with 20 people in a game, that has to be considered with how big or quick a train really is compared to other games.

I'll have to check out the vote counts and get a feel for some other players before making the final decision, but I certainly do feel good about SMC as an option. The funny thing is I felt some of SMC's responses were logical enough, as CTM just pointed out, that itself seems out of character for him. Although then again, I remember him responding pretty aggressively to pressure in a certain game in which he was scum, so his response alone doesn't do a whole lot to tell me anything.

Look what the cat dragged in..

RE: the bolded I had the same thought, but i think it was you and SMC argueing under alts that you are thinking of (Lefty and Joe Cabot). Not sure if the "alts" impacted SMC's normal nonconfrontational as scum pattern...

Even when he first addressed the accusations, he didn't quote any of his accusers directly. Seemed to me like he wanted to avoid the kind of scrum we find Crusher and Smashmouth in by being more passive..

Because here's the deal:

Superman

Batman

The Incredible Hulk

The Punisher

Iron Man

Spiderman

Aquaman

The Flash

Captain America

The Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Thor

Wonderwoman

Wolverine

Cyclops

Daredevil

Members of the Fantastic Four

If I know you're one of those guys, I'm not going to vote for you.

Since Arisis has outed Smash and I for the cahooters that we are I will put my tail between my legs and run. Ok, I'll walk slowly and take frequent breaks, but you get the point.

Truth is I have tickets for tonights game and Da Ms. Crusher is coming to pick me up at 6. Can't wait to see baby boy Sanchez tonight. I love you all.

I will be back on tommorrow morning.

It's quite possible, good observation for your first game..

I'm not sure what to make of it, seems like Crusher did miss Smash's vote, but Crusher is teh bacon brain afterall. If we get up against a deadline, i'll vote for either of them, even just cause of this unarmed war of words betweent he two of them is making me dizzy..

The pissing match is getting annoying, I'm kind of sick of reading how the 2 of them misinterpreted, misunderstood or just missed each others points/posts/bacon...its making me dizzy too :character0282:

As far as cahoots...it seems doubtful because I know how Crusher plays on a team and he likes to distance himself as much as possible, you should know this too. However, could they be in cahoots in the sense that their characters work together and are often known to bicker among each other but are on the same side?

Not knowing much about comic book hero's, I have no idea who does this, but maybe an idea to think about for those that have intimate knowledge on characters and how they interact.

The pissing match is getting annoying, I'm kind of sick of reading how the 2 of them misinterpreted, misunderstood or just missed each others points/posts/bacon...its making me dizzy too :character0282:

As far as cahoots...it seems doubtful because I know how Crusher plays on a team and he likes to distance himself as much as possible, you should know this too. However, could they be in cahoots in the sense that their characters work together and are often known to bicker among each other but are on the same side?

Not knowing much about comic book hero's, I have no idea who does this, but maybe an idea to think about for those that have intimate knowledge on characters and how they interact.

Could be Logan and Scott Summers. Could be Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm. Punisher and any other hero Cable and Deadpool. Spider-Man and Daredevil.... maybe but that is a bit of a stretch. Reed Richards and Namor. If they are villains could be doom and anyone not named doom. Could be Magneto(Jew) and red skull(****). Could be Doc Ock and one of the other members of the sinister six. Even if they have a requirement to bicker you wont be able to tell whom they are unless you are knowledgeable to see what kind of bickering it is and who bickers like that in the comics.

Since Arisis has outed Smash and I for the cahooters that we are I will put my tail between my legs and run. Ok, I'll walk slowly and take frequent breaks, but you get the point.

Truth is I have tickets for tonights game and Da Ms. Crusher is coming to pick me up at 6. Can't wait to see baby boy Sanchez tonight. I love you all.

I will be back on tommorrow morning.

Enjoy the game Crush :)

Because here's the deal:

Superman

Batman

The Incredible Hulk

The Punisher

Iron Man

Spiderman

Aquaman

The Flash

Captain America

The Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Thor

Wonderwoman

Wolverine

Cyclops

Daredevil

Right, but it's one thing to do this kind of analysis privately. Posting about it just leads the scum to easy NK targets.

Right, but it's one thing to do this kind of analysis privately. Posting about it just leads the scum to easy NK targets.

We are all easy NK targets. If I'm targetted, I die, whether you know my name or not.

The point if there were 5 scum, and I knew everyones names, this game would be over in 5 days.

We are all easy NK targets. If I'm targetted, I die, whether you know my name or not.

The point if there were 5 scum, and I knew everyones names, this game would be over in 5 days.

Psst. This is a superhero game. You don't know who has what powers. Arsis would assume that wolverine, if in the game, could survive a NK.

Psst. This is a superhero game. You don't know who has what powers. Arsis would assume that wolverine, if in the game, could survive a NK.

It is possible that a player can survive a NK. However, you could make the argument that any superhero could survive one. Point is, if we were to know who is who, we could quickly eliminate the guys who don't have common superhero names, and finish this off... That's the benefit to which I was responding.

It is possible that a player can survive a NK. However, you could make the argument that any superhero could survive one. Point is, if we were to know who is who, we could quickly eliminate the guys who don't have common superhero names, and finish this off... That's the benefit to which I was responding.

You mean if someone claimed as The Floating Turd, you wouldn't believe them?

I was all set to disagree with you, but then I went back and read JVoR's post and sure enough...

So I'll let that be. Can't say I really agree with the premise, though. Is this like a Peter Petro-whatever rule or something?

The post you quoted from JVoR does make me wonder if EY has a point. Could be role reveals ultimately give the town the advantage. However for now I agree with what you said earlier about villains typically wanting to know who's behind the mask - even if it's a bit far-fetched to start speculating about complicated scenarios. I'd rather be extra cautious the first day at least until we know what we're dealing with.

So are you seeing them as a lovers-type pairing then? Because I'm assuming a bickering requirement means they'd have to know who to bicker with. Unless you think JVoR might have assigned a post restriction like that without giving away alignment.

I'm not sure what to make of their exchange overall. Between Crusher misreading and Smashmouth contradicting himself, I don't know if we're looking at scummy behavior or what. Crusher tends to fish around early on the first day, and EY said Smashmouth is usually "erratic" ...

For now, though, I'm unvoting: Klecko. He's back, and while I'd still like to hear more from him since I haven't been in a game with him before ... it seems like there's more information to go on with some other people. Going to reread.

Because here's the deal:

Superman

Batman

The Incredible Hulk

The Punisher

Iron Man

Spiderman

Aquaman

The Flash

Captain America

The Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Thor

Wonderwoman

Wolverine

Cyclops

Daredevil

Im one of those guys

Look what the cat dragged in..

RE: the bolded I had the same thought, but i think it was you and SMC argueing under alts that you are thinking of (Lefty and Joe Cabot). Not sure if the "alts" impacted SMC's normal nonconfrontational as scum pattern...

Even when he first addressed the accusations, he didn't quote any of his accusers directly. Seemed to me like he wanted to avoid the kind of scrum we find Crusher and Smashmouth in by being more passive..

This is a great point. He does seem to be trying to stay friendly with everyone, backing off of his "Axis of Evil" theory in favor of praising a wider circle ...

Identity politics won't work in this game with this caliber of players. This is like an All-Star mafia game for JI/JN players. As such, we can't vote for someone simply because of who they are.

I brought up the Axis of Evil in the Jets mafia game, the Axis being CTM, EY, and Doggin and the odds were that at least 1 of them were scum. I was right and it turned out to be EY. But that axis is much expanded here with the quality. Players are not going to be swayed with what any of them or others will say just because of who they are.

Along those lines, I don't think we can fall for the "tendency" argument. While using alts players had a "tell" as to who they were (CTM for instance) the players in this game don't have a "tell" as to their alignment. I can't read how EY is playing and say, "Ah ha! Is playing like he did as scum."

Why? Because as a quality player he hasn't played with such a tell. I say the same about myself, Bleedin, CTM, Doggin, JiF, Crusher, Pac, Vicious and the rest.

Sure, but I believe Norway's point was that an outed innocent is the obvious NK target for the next night, since it gives the innocents almost no information. "Oh look, there goes XXXX, turns out he was Superman just like we thought"

It's far from being that cut and dry. You've got 20 names on your no vote list. There are less than 20 innocent players in this game. The mafia can simply claim or hint at a character who isn't actually in the game. And that's not taking into account recruitment or solo winners or any other factor from a less than straigtforward game

Sure, but I believe Norway's point was that an outed innocent is the obvious NK target for the next night, since it gives the innocents almost no information. "Oh look, there goes XXXX, turns out he was Superman just like we thought"

It's far from being that cut and dry. You've got 20 names on your no vote list. There are less than 20 innocent players in this game. The mafia can simply claim or hint at a character who isn't actually in the game. And that's not taking into account recruitment or solo winners or any other factor from a less than straigtforward game

You make a good point because I can think of names not on that list, too ...

Archived