JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

What I just bolded is what I described above, but I wouldn't consider any of them power roles. Those are certain abilities specific to this game. But I don't have any of that. That was my point.

But EY is claiming more than that, which I disagreed with.

Again, if thise game is more elaborate then fine. Cool game. But what I've said is accurate.

I think you're getting into that legalese stuff that just doesn't work well in these games. Rather than slicing up and dicing words, what exactly are you saying here? Are you now claiming that you're a completely roleless townie? Someone who was given a character name, but no powers, game-specific powers, etc.?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice try, CTM. But they are not logically contradictory.

I was right. CTMath is like Klogic, or now includes Clogic.

Sigh.. If you don't ahve a game specific power it's impossible for everyone to have a game specific power since you are a member of the group everyone. Even worse, you yourself have also comingled the terms 'suped up' and roled, so I'm not even sure which defense you are leaning on now..

props on CTMath though. If that idiot klecko wasn't stricken with an apes brain he might of come up with it himself :D

This is a blatant manipulation in an effort to get yourself out of trouble.

I never claimed that everyone had something more powerful than what shutout is suggesting.

Wait! You're saying that you're only claiming that everyone has abilities like (or analagous to) what Shutout suggested?

If so, guess what? I don't have that.

No. I'm saying that I believe everyone has something more than 'roleless townie', a power of some sort. But you already knew that.

Which is it, EY? Do you agree with Shutout or don't you?

I can't help the fact that you are penningbrained and don't understand the point that several people are making..

lets review..

First post.. He unequivcolly states he does not have a "game specific power" based on being 'suped up'

Post #2 (and this is new)

Here' he actually equates the term 'suped up' with power roles. Remember above he equated 'suped up' with game specific characters. So the semantics defense now crumbles, cause his own words equate the two of them..

post #3. Here he gives props to JVOR IF he created a game where everyone has a game specific power. If he doesn't have a game specific power, how could "everyone" have one.

He statements are logically a direct contradiction of one another..

Chan hes mixing up his words and thats all this is. Hes explained what he means now and I agree with it. I still think your trying to make more of this than it is. I see where your coming from and i honestly think your trying to confuse people. Maybe im wrong and SMC is the scummiest bastard going but I dont think I am. Nice job diverting attention off your buddy teh Crush :D

I think you're getting into that legalese stuff that just doesn't work well in these games. Rather than slicing up and dicing words, what exactly are you saying here? Are you now claiming that you're a completely roleless townie? Someone who was given a character name, but no powers, game-specific powers, etc.?

^ good post.

unvote

vote SMC -- until he can mount a defense that doesn't rely on smoke and mirrors.

Don't worry, I'm not going to mount any defense since the "case" against me is frivilous.

I'll just laugh in my farewell post at EY, CTM, and the others following their lead (including you Pac).

Smashmouth, ironically, is the only one who sees the speciousness of the case.

Which is it, EY? Do you agree with Shutout or don't you?

I agree that everyone has a power. I think some are like shutout suggested, and I think some are more powerful. I believe some can hurt the town just as easily as it can help it. For example, a roleblocker could block a bullet proof player and that player could be killed. For example, a vig could hit a cop. I believe that has been evident for hours (pages).

The random lynch is problematic in later game days with fewer number of players. Right now, there is only a 5% chance being killed in a random lynch. BUT, with 5 mafia players there is a 25% chance at the random lynch killing mafia. If the town has 2 or 3 power roles, there's a 15% chance (at most) that a town power role will be random lynched. In other words:

Random Lynch on Day 1

5% chance you (meaning any player) gets lynched.

15% town power role gets lynched

25% mafia gets lynched

Thus, based on those odds a random lynch is actually advantagous to the town, so I don't fear it.

Wow... really? Random lynch advantageous to the town? No, the possibility of losing a powerful power role this early is never good for the town, especially if there are only a handful of power roles like you believe. That logic rings false to me. I agree quick lynching is bad, but not lynching is worse.

Vote: SMC

Smash the posts are right here in black and white within hours of each other:

Don't you see the blatant contradiction in those 2 sentences? To me whether or not his character is enhanced is irrelevant... He's either a lying townie or scum. Which one is ok to you?

based on everything else I've read and what I think SMC actully means no PAC I dont see it. If Im wrong will find out soon enough I guess.

Unvote.

Vote, SMC.

I still think Crush is a good lynch. But we need to close this day eventually, and if SMC isn't scum then he's a traditional power role doing a horribly bad job of trying to stay undercover, and we need to know which one (since if he's not scum, scum will be targeting him tonight anyway). So either roleclaim or die.

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

SMC (9) JiF, CTM, Bleedin', EY, Klecko73isGod, Arsis, Pac, LaOut, Doggin94it

Smashmouth (3) Verbal, Crusher, Pac

Sharrow (3) Norway, Dan X, slats

Crusher (2) Smashmouth, Doggin

CTM (1) Sharrow

I think this is correct.

Sigh.. If you don't ahve a game specific power it's impossible for everyone to have a game specific power since you are a member of the group everyone. Even worse, you yourself have also comingled the terms 'suped up' and roled, so I'm not even sure which defense you are leaning on now..

props on CTMath though. If that idiot klecko wasn't stricken with an apes brain he might of come up with it himself :D

Thanks! I'm surprised Klecko hasn't come up with that.

Again, for the xth time, I don't have anything that I or shutout described. It sucks, because that sort of power would have been cool.

Oh, and when I asked EY about it, that "power" wouldn't have revealed who he was because we know that both villians and heroes have similar roles.

For instance, EY could have been Superman or Bizarro and they both would have XRay vision, or be bullet proof and that wouldn't have releaved his identity.

Unvote.

Vote, SMC.

I still think Crush is a good lynch. But we need to close this day eventually, and if SMC isn't scum then he's a traditional power role doing a horribly bad job of trying to stay undercover, and we need to know which one (since if he's not scum, scum will be targeting him tonight anyway). So either roleclaim or die.

Arsis being the noob that he is was trying to say this exactly but failed.

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

SMC (9) JiF, CTM, Bleedin', EY, Klecko73isGod, Arsis, Pac, LaOut, Doggin94it

Smashmouth (3) Verbal, Crusher, Pac

Sharrow (3) Norway, Dan X, slats

Crusher (2) Smashmouth, Doggin

CTM (1) Sharrow

I think this is correct.

L-2

LOL. This is fun.

Like I said, I'm not going to offer any defense.

The claim by EY & CTM is pure nonsense and people are just eating it up. So much for being an all-star game. Better players should know better.

Don't worry, I'm not going to mount any defense since the "case" against me is frivilous.

I'll just laugh in my farewell post at EY, CTM, and the others following their lead (including you Pac).

Smashmouth, ironically, is the only one who sees the speciousness of the case.

Those 2 contradictory posts jumped off the page SMC... I didn't need that baboon CTM to point it out to me.

If you recall I was semi-defending you earlier but I just am not seeing how you can post those 2 sentences within a couple hours of each other and not be lying or scum. If you explain it again I will re-read and unvote if it makes sense.

Thanks! I'm surprised Klecko hasn't come up with that.

Again, for the xth time, I don't have anything that I or shutout described. It sucks, because that sort of power would have been cool.

Oh, and when I asked EY about it, that "power" wouldn't have revealed who he was because we know that both villians and heroes have similar roles.

For instance, EY could have been Superman or Bizarro and they both would have XRay vision, or be bullet proof and that wouldn't have releaved his identity.

JVOR hinted that there would be consequences to a reveal... I certainly am not going to give you information if I absolutely don't have to.

JVOR hinted that there would be consequences to a reveal... I certainly am not going to give you information if I absolutely don't have to.

JVoR didn't say there was consequences to revealing powers. You just couldn't reveal who you were.

Unvote.

Vote, SMC.

SMC this is your only option at this point

L-2

LOL. This is fun.

Like I said, I'm not going to offer any defense.

The claim by EY & CTM is pure nonsense and people are just eating it up. So much for being an all-star game. Better players should know better.

We both know 'not offering a defense' is your method of defense.

"Well, if he were scum, he'd try to make something up"... seen it.

And if you're roleless town, oh well, it's day 1.

And if you're a traditionally roled player, then it's a give up, and we'll make it without you.

SMC this is your only option at this point

I'm not offering anything.

I started this game thinking this was an all-star game. Better players should know better.

But they're caught up in group think. The "case" is utter garbage. EY started it based on how I am playing because when I'm helpful and friendly it means I'm scum. That's moronic.

Again, CTM & EY have played horribly thus far and the lynch results will prove it.

I started this game thinking this was an all-star game. Better players should know better.

But they're caught up in group think. The "case" is utter garbage. EY started it based on how I am playing because when I'm helpful and friendly it means I'm scum. That's moronic.

Again, CTM & EY have played horribly thus far and the lynch results will prove it.

What started the case is wholly different than what gave it steam.

Again, you're saying quite a bit for someone 'not offering a defense'.

if your taking this stance you might as well vote for yourself . no ?

Chan hes mixing up his words and thats all this is. Hes explained what he means now and I agree with it. I still think your trying to make more of this than it is. I see where your coming from and i honestly think your trying to confuse people. Maybe im wrong and SMC is the scummiest bastard going but I dont think I am. Nice job diverting attention off your buddy teh Crush :D

I feel pretty confident that SMC is scum. To me it was pretty clear that he contradicted himself. This is only after playing out of character, and then the random lynch advocacy. I don't think you get a better day 1 case tbh...

No role claim at all?

Claim? Based on what and defense of what?

EY and CTM started a bogus case. It's foolishness.

I'm still at L-2.

Let's see if others follow this foolishness.

But don't worry, I won't pull a Pac and self-vote. Wait, EY did that before as well?

Another Epic Fail for EY in a mafia came will happen. Hopefully this will be the deathknell of any influence EY has in this game and others.

I feel pretty confident that SMC is scum. To me it was pretty clear that he contradicted himself. This is only after playing out of character, and then the random lynch advocacy. I don't think you get a better day 1 case tbh...

LOL.

Hopefully, like EY, this will be the deathknell of your influence in this game as well.

I'm still at L-2.

But don't worry, I won't pull a Pac and self-vote. Wait, EY did that before as well?

Another Epic Fail for EY in a mafia came will happen. Hopefully this will be the deathknell of any influence EY has in this game and others.

I'm 1 vote.

And if you have something to claim, and don't do it, that's not my fault either. You're so obviously trying to scare people off your lynch since you have nothing of substance to claim.

I'm still at L-2.

Doesn't matter if the case is any good. If you're, say, the finder or the healer or any other traditional town power role, you need to speak up now, before you are lynched. Anything else just screws us all.

This seemed much less convincing than teh crusher case by fer.

Doesn't matter if the case is any good. If you're, say, the finder or the healer or any other traditional town power role, you need to speak up now, before you are lynched. Anything else just screws us all.

Do you believe the 9 votes against me include the 5 scum? I doubt it. It's townies being foolish.

Why should I care about screwing the town if they want to screw themselves?

Again, the case is bogus. EY & CTM has led the charge which is hilarious.

Archived