JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd suggest everyone stop character fishing. I know I was told thered be negative consequences for a character reveal, and I assume the other heroes were as well. I'm thinking its something along the lines of what I did for finder reveals in the Double Blind - scum gets a free shot at us if they guess who we are.

And, since sharrow appears to be doing the most fishing, I'll

unvote

And vote: Sharrow

Why do you think I'm reluctant to say who I think he is?

I'd suggest everyone stop character fishing. I know I was told thered be negative consequences for a character reveal, and I assume the other heroes were as well. I'm thinking its something along the lines of what I did for finder reveals in the Double Blind - scum gets a free shot at us if they guess who we are.

unvote

I agree that character fishing should stop, but because it's unnecessary (putting aside the negative consequences by the Mod for revealing). I don't think it would necessarily hurt the team and it would likely not real what game specific power the superhero had.

The only one I can think of is Batman (being the cop/detective), but other than him I don't see anyone else having a comic superpower that would equate with a mafia game power. Thus, I think it's a wasted effort trying to fish for powers.

As for Arsis, he could be simply pulling a JiF/Henry Hill. At the beginning of the AOL game people thought the JiF acting like an ahole might of been a role restriction why JiF did it simply because he wanted to be an ahole. So unless Arsis confirms it's a post restriction (assuming that he is not prohibited from doing so), we can't exclude the possibility that Arsis is doing it simply because he wants to.

unvote

I agree ... as I said, I think we should err on the side of caution here until we have a better idea of how the game is set up and what we're dealing with. Seems to me this game could be pretty unpredictable, and who knows what the reason is for JVoR warning us.

Why do you think I'm reluctant to say who I think he is?

It might seem subtle to you, but from where I'm sitting you've all but said the name.

Ok... I don't like this at all... Smash, if you're a hero, you just might be 'The Bandwagoner'!

You came out against CTM first for no reason, which is fine on day one... but then you switched to Klecko after he got a few votes... Then, you made some ridiculous and weak case much later to justify your vote which earlier gave no justification, even though it's plainly obvious that Klecko hasn't done anything that's not out of his own character... Not confident in that train at all... Now, you vote Sharrow after Doggin switches for no apparent reason.

What say you, 'The Bandwagoner'?

That said, I really don't like Dan X's response to my vote. Yes, he laughed it off, as he should have, but also voting Klecko because 'I'm not going to be around this weekend', is interesting. You're not here, so why not get on the bandwagon, supporting a lynch, in your absence?

Vote remains, but these two have my biggest FOS.

Interesting, you should read that part of the thread again. It was anything but a bandwagon at the time I cast my vote. Doggin voted Klecko at 11:40 PM the night before, then I voted him the next afternoon at 3:36 - only the second vote on him.

You also know that I normally try to get a vote in when I don't know if I'll be around much. Not sure what your motives are in exaggerating the situation, but it's not out of character for you to come after me early on in the game.

Add to that, my vote based off of Klecko's behavior is a stronger argument than "hasn't been scum yet" ... but tomorrow should bring more talking from everyone so we can start getting some real information. For example I agree with your points about Smashmouth, but not having played mafia with him before I don't know if his voting pattern is over the top or if it's that some of the "20 souped up characters" JVoR promised are eager to get the game moving along with not much to go on.

Ok... I don't like this at all... Smash, if you're a hero, you just might be 'The Bandwagoner'!

You came out against CTM first for no reason, which is fine on day one... but then you switched to Klecko after he got a few votes... Then, you made some ridiculous and weak case much later to justify your vote which earlier gave no justification, even though it's plainly obvious that Klecko hasn't done anything that's not out of his own character... Not confident in that train at all... Now, you vote Sharrow after Doggin switches for no apparent reason.

What say you, 'The Bandwagoner'?

That said, I really don't like Dan X's response to my vote. Yes, he laughed it off, as he should have, but also voting Klecko because 'I'm not going to be around this weekend', is interesting. You're not here, so why not get on the bandwagon, supporting a lynch, in your absence?

Vote remains, but these two have my biggest FOS.

My FOS was on Arsis and Klecko. No real reason at all, just a feeling because of Arsis actions. Then Sharrow started up and Doggin made a good point. Thats about it really. Its the first vote and honestly I need Kleckos entertainment value. You have to admit messing with Klecko adds to the post count.

Also EY didn't Doggin do the same thing I bolded in your post ? Why not make mention of that as well ?

My FOS was on Arsis and Klecko. No real reason at all, just a feeling because of Arsis actions. Then Sharrow started up and Doggin made a good point. Thats about it really. Its the first vote and honestly I need Kleckos entertainment value. You have to admit messing with Klecko adds to the post count.

Also EY didn't Doggin do the same thing I bolded in your post ? Why not make mention of that as well ?

Wow, how Chan-like and douchy of you. :Nuts:

VOTE COUNT

Klecko (3) Dan X, Arsis, LAOut

Arsis (2) slats, Norway

Crusher (1) CTM

CTM (1) Sharrow

SMC (1) Pac

Dan X (1) EY

Pac (1) JiF

sharrow (2) doggin, smashmouth

With 20 players, it takes 11 to lynch.

no deadline for now. If the game drags i will put one in. Weekends are slow anyways.

I also unvoted Arsis a while back.

I agree that character fishing should stop, but because it's unnecessary (putting aside the negative consequences by the Mod for revealing). I don't think it would necessarily hurt the team and it would likely not real what game specific power the superhero had.

The only one I can think of is Batman (being the cop/detective), but other than him I don't see anyone else having a comic superpower that would equate with a mafia game power. Thus, I think it's a wasted effort trying to fish for powers.

I suspect the mod is offering up strict warnings on reveals for a reason. Completely opposite of what you said, he's telling us we can reveal our powers but not our character names. It makes the character-name phishing by Sharrow a little more suspicious to me. In comic books, isn't it often dangerous if a super-hero's secret identity is revealed? I'm sure there's something up there.

Ok, I'm gonna reveal. I'm Has to Poop Really, Really Badly Man. And my super power is my constant fidgeting, grimacing and moaning, which makes people quietly move away from me. It was pretty obvious and you guys would have figured it out soon anyway, so why not.

Listen, go look up laxative girls phone number and get over yourself. She's not too bad to look out but usually turns out to be a crappy date.

Surfing is awesome!!! Waves were epic this weekend!!! Surfed my little heart out!!!

Just got caught up on the game from over the weekend. Lots of similar first day activity going on. Doggin comes out firing, typical. Klecko is super defensive dbag, typical. Smash is all over the board, typical. CTM think he knows everything already, typical. Dan X, Mr. Helpfull, typical. Pac is a a-hole, typical.

Hard to get a read on the new guys. Arsis playing his first game, I highly doubt he is creative enough to start right off the bat speaking in the 3rd, must have a restriction.

The two players that worry me right now are SMC and EY. EY usually comes out firing, but he has played very quitely thus far and SMC when he comes out as the super helpfull clear townie angle is generally bad. I have played as mafia with him before and this is how he roles. When he is innocent, he likes to stir the pot a bit more.

Beyond that...I got nothing. However, its enough for me to change my first silly vote of Pac to Vote SMC.

As for Arsis, he could be simply pulling a JiF/Henry Hill. At the beginning of the AOL game people thought the JiF acting like an ahole might of been a role restriction why JiF did it simply because he wanted to be an ahole. So unless Arsis confirms it's a post restriction (assuming that he is not prohibited from doing so), we can't exclude the possibility that Arsis is doing it simply because he wants to.

I went the ******* angle to keep the Henry Hill persona developed by EY alive...but yes, I enjoyed being an ******* and thanks to Pac, it made it all the more enjoyable. As I said above, I highly doubt Arsis is coming out in his first game with that angle in mind. He must have a restriction.

Went back and took a look at everything and nothing really jumps out at me. Everyone seems to be doing what they always do. Though I do think sweet sweet Boopsie is right on EY and SMC being less aggressive, but alot of that I think was a function of the alts. People got all crazy and bold with that.

Smash seems to be enjoying himself ****ing around and I will pay more attention as time go's on.

Arsis is really interesting to me. At first I thought it was a charactor thing, then I had to think he;s a pretty bright read alot kid and think maybe he stumbled along one of the old game and decided to do a Fuzzy Bear impersonation to make things interesting. He does seem to be that kinda prick. Even though he's a newb here he may be breaking balls.

The new guys are hard to read because haven't seen much of them. Might be wrong but Barmacral did take over in an alt game.

CTM is being CTM, doing his dooshy thing and has already starting voting for me. I always fear that he wishes that those faces in his Crisco soaken avatar was mine and his.

Listen, go look up laxative girls phone number and get over yourself. She's not too bad to look out but usually turns out to be a crappy date.

:biggrin:

I'm home sick from work today. I think I'm gonna start working on a graphic novel in which the hero uses her explosive diarrhea to thwart the bad guys. I'll call her The Sprayer.

After his initial "initial" vote (See what I did there? Witty, I tell you. Witty.), Smash then follows both of Doggin's votes on Klecko and now Sharrow. Not a bandwagon, mind you, but perhaps purposely done so to avoid looking like a bandwagon?

Vote: Smash

Edit: hahaha....I previewed and noticed I had typed "bangwagon" instead of bandwagon. Now THAT'S a wagon I would get on. :D

After his initial "initial" vote (See what I did there? Witty, I tell you. Witty.), Smash then follows both of Doggin's votes on Klecko and now Sharrow. Not a bandwagon, mind you, but perhaps purposely done so to avoid looking like a bandwagon?

Vote: Smash

Edit: hahaha....I previewed and noticed I had typed "bangwagon" instead of bandwagon. Now THAT'S a wagon I would get on. :D

You'd get on a "bangwagon" with Doggin and Smash? Are you lobbying to become a JN mod?

Sharrow is definitly role fishing, repedeatly trying to get Arsis to acknowledge he is who sharrow thinks he is. Also his defense of this was kind of weak as it's clear who he thinks Arsis is..

Klecko and slats quick vote and unvote of Arsis was bothersome. Almost feels like the were making a run at something, got called on it, and then immediately backed off (the fact that in between, Arsis admitted to a restriction gives me pause though on that theory)

Smashmouth seems the scummiest, but he always seems the scummiest to me. INteresting though he's not advocating a no lynch this game, when early last game, before we started realizing we had similiar roles, he was making the case for a no lynch puerly on the numbers

Surfing is awesome!!! Waves were epic this weekend!!! Surfed my little heart out!!!

The two players that worry me right now are SMC and EY. EY usually comes out firing, but he has played very quitely thus far and SMC when he comes out as the super helpfull clear townie angle is generally bad. I have played as mafia with him before and this is how he roles. When he is innocent, he likes to stir the pot a bit more.

Beyond that...I got nothing. However, its enough for me to change my first silly vote of Pac to Vote SMC.

This is the thing I've noticed just this morning as well. SMC is setting up for his standard ultra clean, under the radar game he plays as scum. Bleedin and him are really good in this role, so generally, the more innocent they seem, the worse it is :D. I'd vote for either one of them right now and see what's up..

unvote

vote SMC

I suspect the mod is offering up strict warnings on reveals for a reason. Completely opposite of what you said, he's telling us we can reveal our powers but not our character names. It makes the character-name phishing by Sharrow a little more suspicious to me. In comic books, isn't it often dangerous if a super-hero's secret identity is revealed? I'm sure there's something up there.

Putting it that way I can see that. Secret identity aside, perhaps letting the villians know what exact hero a player is will make it easier for the villians to target that person power-wise. In that instance, that would make Sharrow suspicious.

Well, this is only the second game I've ever played, so yeah I guess I ALWAYS play like this.

I would like to last at last one day since no one got lynched at all in the other game I played and I'd like to get a feel as to how a game plays out when people do get lynched.

Reading a game thread is one thing, being a part of it is quite another.

Do whatever the hell you want.

Unvote

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now then. I'm a bit distracted atm but I'll get around to casting another vote soon

You'd get on a "bangwagon" with Doggin and Smash? Are you lobbying to become a JN mod?

When you put it that way, um...no. I didn't mean with "them", but now that I reread, I can see how that sounds.

Ew. This is awkward.

Add to that, my vote based off of Klecko's behavior is a stronger argument than "hasn't been scum yet" ... but tomorrow should bring more talking from everyone so we can start getting some real information. For example I agree with your points about Smashmouth, but not having played mafia with him before I don't know if his voting pattern is over the top or if it's that some of the "20 souped up characters" JVoR promised are eager to get the game moving along with not much to go on.

Smash and I have a history involving me thinking he's scum in every game. He's a bit erratic, which makes him dangerous as scum, and often dangerous to the town as well when he's innocent.

Because it wasn't really Doggin's only contribution to the game, right or wrong.

The only reason we CANNOT reveal our character names is because it would be easy to eliminate scum. He outlawed MASS REVEALS first, but if you got to L-1, you could say your character name, and as long as there was no counterclaim, you'd be good to go... we could do that all day until we hit someone who could be counterclaimed, or couldn't come up with convincing hero.

This is no different than in Bleedin' Green's game and the inherent flaw of games where there are a finite # of reasonable characters.

This is also why I'm not convinced on Sharrow... Taken from another direction, it's very easy to see how figuring out who is who is very pro-town. There's obviously a punishment for revealing, but there was no mention of a punishment for being unconfirmed and thought to be someone. For now, I'm ok with Sharrow.

Just got caught up on the game from over the weekend. Lots of similar first day activity going on. Doggin comes out firing, typical. Klecko is super defensive dbag, typical. Smash is all over the board, typical. CTM think he knows everything already, typical. Dan X, Mr. Helpfull, typical. Pac is a a-hole, typical.

Hard to get a read on the new guys. Arsis playing his first game, I highly doubt he is creative enough to start right off the bat speaking in the 3rd, must have a restriction.

I had similar thoughts about SMC. So, it's possible I may start to look in that direction...

As for me, you know very well I don't always come out firing, and again, in Bleedin' Green's game, CTM said something to the affect of:

"He'll never agree with me, but EY tends to play out in front more when he's scum".

The truth is, there are 20 players, it's hard for me to be confident about anything now. Once I have a strong idea, you'll know it. I Promise. ;)

Identity politics won't work in this game with this caliber of players. This is like an All-Star mafia game for JI/JN players. As such, we can't vote for someone simply because of who they are.

I brought up the Axis of Evil in the Jets mafia game, the Axis being CTM, EY, and Doggin and the odds were that at least 1 of them were scum. I was right and it turned out to be EY. But that axis is much expanded here with the quality. Players are not going to be swayed with what any of them or others will say just because of who they are.

Along those lines, I don't think we can fall for the "tendency" argument. While using alts players had a "tell" as to who they were (CTM for instance) the players in this game don't have a "tell" as to their alignment. I can't read how EY is playing and say, "Ah ha! Is playing like he did as scum."

Why? Because as a quality player he hasn't played with such a tell. I say the same about myself, Bleedin, CTM, Doggin, JiF, Crusher, Pac, Vicious and the rest.

Identity politics won't work in this game with this caliber of players. This is like an All-Star mafia game for JI/JN players. As such, we can't vote for someone simply because of who they are.

I brought up the Axis of Evil in the Jets mafia game, the Axis being CTM, EY, and Doggin and the odds were that at least 1 of them were scum. I was right and it turned out to be EY. But that axis is much expanded here with the quality. Players are not going to be swayed with what any of them or others will say just because of who they are.

Along those lines, I don't think we can fall for the "tendency" argument. While using alts players had a "tell" as to who they were (CTM for instance) the players in this game don't have a "tell" as to their alignment. I can't read how EY is playing and say, "Ah ha! Is playing like he did as scum."

Why? Because as a quality player he hasn't played with such a tell. I say the same about myself, Bleedin, CTM, Doggin, JiF, Crusher, Pac, Vicious and the rest.

Good post. I thought since its the first big game without alts everyone was playing a little closer to the vest, but SMC hits it right. Players tendency's are tuff to call when you have so many real good players in the game. Yet, it usually gets greasy when one of the stronger players gets aggressive and then someone calls them on it.

Nobody has really jumped out to anything in this game. Im wondering if its because of the complexity of the charactors. Seem alot of us are missing our mafia alts to give us the cover to act like a prick.

For now Im going to put my vote on Smash becasue he seems to looking for the easy out in Kleck. not that Kleck is not suspicious but he's also a newb. He is also Kleck.

Yetl, Im concerned because this is one of the first Mafia games Ive been in where EY, Doggin, CTM, or SCM isn't coming out swinging. I know it doesn;t suggest alignment when they do, but I feel sorta like Im eating without desert when they don't.

So vote:smash

Also I like to say I miss my little Chilean Sea Bass Vic and hold all you bastids accountable for picking on him too much last game.

Sharrow is definitly role fishing, repedeatly trying to get Arsis to acknowledge he is who sharrow thinks he is. Also his defense of this was kind of weak as it's clear who he thinks Arsis is..

Klecko and slats quick vote and unvote of Arsis was bothersome. Almost feels like the were making a run at something, got called on it, and then immediately backed off (the fact that in between, Arsis admitted to a restriction gives me pause though on that theory)

Smashmouth seems the scummiest, but he always seems the scummiest to me. INteresting though he's not advocating a no lynch this game, when early last game, before we started realizing we had similiar roles, he was making the case for a no lynch puerly on the numbers

This is the thing I've noticed just this morning as well. SMC is setting up for his standard ultra clean, under the radar game he plays as scum. Bleedin and him are really good in this role, so generally, the more innocent they seem, the worse it is :D. I'd vote for either one of them right now and see what's up..

unvote

vote SMC

WHy would I advocate a No Lynch in this game Chan ? Did you think it impossible I could not figure out last game long before you did ?

BTW your obsessed with SMC. Ive seen this Before Chan ;)

So far in this game Doggin made a point on Sharrow and I went with it. Im having second thoughts on my vote but Im not telling why. :shutit:

Good post. I thought since its the first big game without alts everyone was playing a little closer to the vest, but SMC hits it right. Players tendency's are tuff to call when you have so many real good players in the game. Yet, it usually gets greasy when one of the stronger players gets aggressive and then someone calls them on it.

Nobody has really jumped out to anything in this game. Im wondering if its because of the complexity of the charactors. Seem alot of us are missing our mafia alts to give us the cover to act like a prick.

For now Im going to put my vote on Smash becasue he seems to looking for the easy out in Kleck. not that Kleck is not suspicious but he's also a newb. He is also Kleck.

Yetl, Im concerned because this is one of the first Mafia games Ive been in where EY, Doggin, CTM, or SCM isn't coming out swinging. I know it doesn;t suggest alignment when they do, but I feel sorta like Im eating without desert when they don't.

So vote:smash

Also I like to say I miss my little Chilean Sea Bass Vic and hold all you bastids accountable for picking on him too much last game.

Crusher you voted for me without even reading my posts ? Im once again Devistated !! My vote is on Sharrow Crush. Now whos doing the following ?

UnVote Sharrow

Vote Crusher

My reason for doing this is because not only didnt Crusher read my posts but he did not even read the vote lineup which tells me he did this half heartedly through discussion with his other villian friends who probably told him to do so. Someone usually takes the lead for the scum and i think Crush was simply following orders.

I had similar thoughts about SMC. So, it's possible I may start to look in that direction...

As for me, you know very well I don't always come out firing, and again, in Bleedin' Green's game, CTM said something to the affect of:

"He'll never agree with me, but EY tends to play out in front more when he's scum".

The truth is, there are 20 players, it's hard for me to be confident about anything now. Once I have a strong idea, you'll know it. I Promise. ;)

Fair Enough...just vocalizing what I was seeing in rap up from over the weekend.

I hear ya, but what do expect us to do on the first day when it takes 11 to lynch? We need to go on something and you are being awfully helpful which from experience, is not a good thing.

And this post doesnt really make me feel better about you because if my long shot day 1 feeling about you is right and people go a different direction because of this post, then this post could potentially be covering up a scum team of players that all have "tells"...which would **** us if everyone decided to follow your logic...and it seems my muffin top is agreeing with you already.

And this post doesnt really make me feel better about you because if my long shot day 1 feeling about you is right and people go a different direction because of this post, then this post could potentially be covering up a scum team of players that all have "tells"...which would **** us if everyone decided to follow your logic...and it seems my muffin top is agreeing with you already.

I was feeling the same thing too. The only thing holding me back right now is all you nancy boys calling me a bandwagoner if I vote him.

Not sure about that. A big thing about playing with players you are familiar with is that you can tell when they are out of character.

For instance, your post in response to pressure was reasonable, coherent, logical; everythign I've seen you do a ton of times as scum. When you are innocent, you seem to be more aggressive, especially in response to pressure.

Is that enough for me to say definitivily you ae scum? Of course not, but it's the best thing I see up till now by a good margin..

Also, where is bleedin? I don't like it when he hangs back like this..

I have a feeling Klecko and Arsis are up to something but Arsis seems to be drawing attention to himself. At this point I suggest not voting for Arsis until you have a good Idea as to why hes acting this way.

Klecko seems to be pushing towards a vote for Arsis and with Arsis' actions I think Klecko is the safe vote.

Chan you make mention of the Villians possibly having a traitor among them if I read you right ?

Voting for Klecko because he loses his temper is like voting for Crusher because he ate the last 7 cupcakes. Stupid and suspicious. Except of course of the case of Doggins new friend who would make the mistake of thinking Klecko is normal.

All this early attention to Klecko in this game reminds me of the alt game and what happen with Michal Corleone and the newb in the alt. He did turn out innocent.

Smash seems to be the most sporadic and gay so far. I haven't had time this weekend to look at the thread as much as I like but I will do theat now.

Went back and took a look at everything and nothing really jumps out at me. Everyone seems to be doing what they always do. Though I do think sweet sweet Boopsie is right on EY and SMC being less aggressive, but alot of that I think was a function of the alts. People got all crazy and bold with that.

Smash seems to be enjoying himself ****ing around and I will pay more attention as time go's on.

Arsis is really interesting to me. At first I thought it was a charactor thing, then I had to think he;s a pretty bright read alot kid and think maybe he stumbled along one of the old game and decided to do a Fuzzy Bear impersonation to make things interesting. He does seem to be that kinda prick. Even though he's a newb here he may be breaking balls.

The new guys are hard to read because haven't seen much of them. Might be wrong but Barmacral did take over in an alt game.

CTM is being CTM, doing his dooshy thing and has already starting voting for me. I always fear that he wishes that those faces in his Crisco soaken avatar was mine and his.

Crusher you voted for me without even reading my posts ? Im once again Devistated !! My vote is on Sharrow Crush. Now whos doing the following ?

UnVote Sharrow

Vote Crusher

My reason for doing this is because not only didnt Crusher read my posts but he did not even read the vote lineup which tells me he did this half heartedly through discussion with his other villian friends who probably told him to do so. Someone usually takes the lead for the scum and i think Crush was simply following orders.

Truth is your the only player Ive really been looking at. My first post about you was yesterday afternoon at like 6:30. The more I look at your post the more you look like your having fun or taking the scum lead.

I find it hysterical your voting for me for not reading your post yet Ive referenced you in my post since yesterday. You are actually the first and only person Ive voted this game.

I will dedicate lunch to you.. I will SMASH as much food into my MOUTH as I can at lunch.

Archived