JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

I disagree. Yes EY did get two townies killed but think about how you would have played day two with the way things were going.

If I were scum, once the town lynched Superman SMC on day one and then set their sights on another townie on day two, I would have sat back and let it play out. At most, I would have tried to egg on the mob without being obvious about it.

I think we need to focus on someone who was relatively quiet on day two.

I am thinking of a person who got into a fairly vicious fight on day one after making a pretty bad mistake and then pretty much shut up on day two.

As much as it pains me to say and as uncomfortable a ride to the bar I will have with JiF on opening day, I gotta vote for the bug guy.

Vote: Crusher

I love the I'll vote the quiet guy rather than the guy that kills townies strategy. I was quiet day two because I was catching up on work because Im at the beach right now. Here all week. So don't expect me on except at certain times. I have to use the cyber cafe. My laptop is old and it sucks.

Im not sure what makes me more appealing to you rather then EY who likes to lead silly posse's and kill innocents until he finds a badguy. Sorta like taking a shotgun to a mall and start shooting people thinking eventually you'll get someone who deserves it.

Im expecting more will come of this. Not sure what this is yet. For now Im taking my fat ass upstairs and Im going to drink some beer and see if Ms Crusher is up to a game of Everest.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Sharrow in that I was surprised that Doggin was Hulk, and thought that Arsis was probably Hulk. I fully admit to not being very well versed in comic book heroes, but how many good guys refer to themselves in the third person? Arsis hasn't been shy telling us how almighty his character is, either. He has me very curious, at least.

I still think I know who he is. I just overlooked the character when I was trying to figure out who he might be.

What is this poop? Is this some kind of lame cop claim with 1 vote on you? You know better than that.. hell you just chastised Kleck for the same thing.

Guys I think this is pure hogwash... Nice that he can "clear" the dead Doggin but what about the living SMC and Smash that he led to the grave?

I am not a cop, nor anything of the sort. I've just figured out a few things based on the 'Avengers' and 'The Fantastic 4'.

I meant to mention that as well. Seems to me that role-blocker is usually a scum role. Combine that with Kleck's completely unpressured reveal and it smells a little funky.

IMO Kleck and EY are on the same team. It's possible during their PM's EY eluded to hinting at a role. Kleck probably couldn't keep it in his pants and did the same. You don't think it's odd that BOTH of them are not so subtly hinting at valuable powers beneficial to the town... when neither of them is in any danger??

Also, I'm not sure I want to go after Pac anymore, he's been very scummy, but almost too scummy to be scum. Kind of like SMC and SMashmouth all over again, and that hasn't worked out very well so far

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Klecko about crusher. He went from combative to quiet for no good reason, and defended smash a bit. Also think that feeding his boyfriend jif to the wolves on night 1 so he could cry over him was a tactical move..

I can see some merit in a case against Crusher because of Doggin's death, but I don't like us continuing the pattern of lynching people who defended the previous, innocent lynch targets. I don't know if I see that leading us anywhere productive. Not singling you out ... I'm a bit surprised in general by how quickly the Crusher train picked up steam. That, and the fact that Doggin's death seems to set up Crusher too perfectly, is giving me pause.

If anything, I think it's interesting how EY encouraged people to consider Crusher (without voting Crusher himself), and already we're at 5 votes. EY is just one person - so how does this happen every time? Do his opinions always happen to coincide with the majority? Are he and his scum teammates messing with us? (All while promising to lead the town to victory ... ?)

So many fishy posts from people recently ... more thoughts coming.

IMO Kleck and EY are on the same team. It's possible during their PM's EY eluded to hinting at a role. Kleck probably couldn't keep it in his pants and did the same. You don't think it's odd that BOTH of them are not so subtly hinting at valuable powers beneficial to the town... when neither of them is in any danger??

I've done no such thing. {CTM, please give me an insult to use here}

No offense but your instincts (and yes mine) were a hot mess in the EY modded game. I hope your not letting our clash effect your decision making here... and what's with proclaiming EY an innocent player! Nothing he's done this game is suspicious to you?.... wow.

I have to agree with JiF here. EY himself is not what seems the scummiest to me about the lynches so far. It's the happy train that jumps behind every suggestion he makes. It almost seems like you're looking for an easy target with him. Maybe this is the plan ... wait for EY to focus on a player you know to be innocent, then have some scum hop aboard to help the lynch along? And then ... go for the easy lynch target?

If I knew he was going down at 10 I don't wait till the 10th vote to unvote... Give me a little more credit than that. Fact of the matter is I had a change of heart as the whole thing was going down. I thought he might be innocent after all and was trying to give him some more time.

The point is, if you were scum who knew the 10th vote was the hammer, you very well might.

I have to agree with JiF here. EY himself is not what seems the scummiest to me about the lynches so far. It's the happy train that jumps behind every suggestion he makes. It almost seems like you're looking for an easy target with him. Maybe this is the plan ... wait for EY to focus on a player you know to be innocent, then have some scum hop aboard to help the lynch along? And then ... go for the easy lynch target?

It's not just that he's starting the trains Dan... it's how vociferous he is about them. In a game where it takes awhile for people to figure things out he's been quite adamant that SMC and Smash were scum. You don't find it funny that after two atrocious witch hunts he's know subtly implying he has a knowledge that makes him indispensable?

If I was scum thinking it was going to be an easy lynch I would have waited till others started in on him and popped in somewhere in the 4th vote range... I wouldn't have come out swinging.

The point is, if you were scum who knew the 10th vote was the hammer, you very well might.

Yes I know what his point was. Mine was that if it was about to become common knowledge that 10 votes was all that was needed, I wouldn't have waited till the 10th vote to unvote.

Nope, wasn't a doctor claim at all. I can block people's powers, which in turn can potentially save lives.

So you claim role blocker with no real pressure on you? Really?

No. But I did the first night, which is probably when he got hit the first time.

Read his death scene, he could survive one attempt on his life. So he either got tagged by the vig yesterday or there was an attempt on his life the first night.

My bad. Smashmouth was modkilled. He didn't need two kill attempts to be knocked off. He just had the same power as Doggin.

Or scum have their own roleblocker, or another ability to bypass protection.

That's what I would think. I've been on scum teams with a role blocker and if there were no outed power roles we'd block our NK target. I don't think its too out there to think that the Villians have a role blocker and they were able to nullify Doggin's "extra life" if you will.

I dunno I just don't believe that you volunteered your role so we could all start working together. I do believe its possible your ability is to block the powers of other players; I'm just not sure on your claim that you can do so as a hero. I get the feeling you were coached to claim as a townie role blocker if you got into trouble today and just jumped the gun on the first mildly accusing comment thrown your way.

It's not just that he's starting the trains Dan... it's how vociferous he is about them. In a game where it takes awhile for people to figure things out he's been quite adamant that SMC and Smash were scum. You don't find it funny that after two atrocious witch hunts he's know subtly implying he has a knowledge that makes him indispensable?

Thing is, it's no different from how he's played as townie in the past. People seem to like to follow his lead whether he's scum or town, and it wouldn't be EY if he didn't sound adamantly sure of himself. I'm leaning hero on EY for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is a villain ... I'd just need a better case for it. Pointing fingers at EY for his wealth of confidence is a pretty weak argument, imo. :P

Just caught up..

I think EY is ok, he'd have to be pretty ballsy to make plays like that 2 days in a row as scum (unless he's a godfather type)

Also, I'm not sure I want to go after Pac anymore, he's been very scummy, but almost too scummy to be scum. Kind of like SMC and SMashmouth all over again, and that hasn't worked out very well so far

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Klecko about crusher. He went from combative to quiet for no good reason, and defended smash a bit. Also think that feeding his boyfriend jif to the wolves on night 1 so he could cry over him was a tactical move..

vote Crusher

The bolded above is a great point that I can't believe I allowed to slip past me. In the first mafia game I played, Crusher was scum and came out firing, really pushed his way around a bit and was front in center. After a while, he naturally started to get some heat and turned it down big time. At the time I didn't really catch on at all, I ended up believing him as innocent and it won him the game. Generally speaking, Crusher as an innocent is a lot more continually assertive. He comes to his decisions and he will push towards them regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

CTM, lets not forget how he made what seemed to be the logic-defying play of going after the two of us on back to back days in the last game we were scum together. It didn't really make sense to anyone else, but he believed it to be so and couldn't be convinced otherwise. And it turns out he was right. Bottom line is this Crusher reminds me a lot more of the one who duped me in my first game then his typical innocent play.

Of course, this all seems to be happening quite fast and is just way too easy, which makes me hesitant to cast my vote on this train just yet. Crusher definitely needs to at least respond to the pressure and address some of the questions, and he also needs to be given the time to do so.

So you claim role blocker with no real pressure on you? Really?

That's what I would think. I've been on scum teams with a role blocker and if there were no outed power roles we'd block our NK target. I don't think its too out there to think that the Villians have a role blocker and they were able to nullify Doggin's "extra life" if you will.

I dunno I just don't believe that you volunteered your role so we could all start working together. I do believe its possible your ability is to block the powers of other players; I'm just not sure on your claim that you can do so as a hero. I get the feeling you were coached to claim as a townie role blocker if you got into trouble today and just jumped the gun on the first mildly accusing comment thrown your way.

I meant to add earlier it's awfully convenient he claims to have blocked Doggin night 1. Now that he knows Doggin wasn't performing night actions, and Doggin isn't around to contradict him ...

Ha, too many places I'd like to put my vote right now. Hearing more from Klecko and Crusher tomorrow should be good. I'm also interested in JiF's other cases.

That is what Arsis was trying to do and people jumped down my throat. All you guys who accused me of role fishing or being dirty for rattling a few cages are on my list.

There's not much in it for a townie to draw attention to a possible slip-up by a roled town-sided player. I think I've figured it out now who you are, so I'm fairly certain you are a fellow townie. But I'll explain why your exchange seemed weird to me. If you suspect a guy might be roled, it's to your advantage to keep that information hidden from the other side. It's something to keep an eye on (and maybe investigate if you're the cop, for example), and if he's scum, you'll likely catch him some other way. Asking a question like that when he has no votes doesn't really buy you anything because either way he's normally going to try to brush it aside - and all you've done is help alert the scum if they missed it the first time.

What makes this different is the very unusual reveal by him. Especially with no doc protection anymore. If he's town, he's pretty much sealed his fate. For what purpose?

There's not much in it for a townie to draw attention to a possible slip-up by a roled town-sided player. I think I've figured it out now who you are, so I'm fairly certain you are a fellow townie. But I'll explain why your exchange seemed weird to me. If you suspect a guy might be roled, it's to your advantage to keep that information hidden from the other side. It's something to keep an eye on (and maybe investigate if you're the cop, for example), and if he's scum, you'll likely catch him some other way. Asking a question like that when he has no votes doesn't really buy you anything because either way he's normally going to try to brush it aside - and all you've done is help alert the scum if they missed it the first time.

What makes this different is the very unusual reveal by him. Especially with no doc protection anymore. If he's town, he's pretty much sealed his fate. For what purpose?

While I agree with some of what you said, what you have to consider with some of these guys is that some of them are playing their first mafia game. Thus, things that we may see as "obvious" may not be so to them and thus them doing things differently isn't necessarily scummy. Not to say they need to get off the hook indefinitely for being new, but I would be a little more lenient with what we bust them on.

Do I agree with how some things have been done? No, but I can certainly understand different perspectives they may have. Consider that those of us who have played numerous times still don't all agree on the way certain circumstances should be handled. If anything, I would think some of these slip-ups would've been coached out of them if they were scum, but who knows.

"It not jus that him starting da choo-choos Dan... it how loud him is abot dem. <belch>"

Don't think I forgot about you slingblade. You were riding in the sidecar on EY's motorcycle while making your horrible cases.

sidecar.jpg

Arsis understands where you are coming from but why would an innoncent false claim with such little pressure on him and then make a second unverifible claim when it doesn'twork out? It seemsso overly suspicious to me and arsis has been sitting on it for days. Figured it would be a decent time to bringit upas it would have been the most concrete evidence out there.

Arsis is a hero. A pretty useless one at this point TBQH. Arsis is not allowed to even hint at the possibility of the existence of his role/power but Arsis will say that it is all but useless and non-existent at this point. People paying close attention will be able to get what Arsis means. Arsis asks you not say anything about it. Anymore said about it and Arsis gets modkilled.

Something tells me you arent lying. JiF feels votes on Arsis and Klecko are useless and we need to refocus because JiF feels pretty certain those votes on Cruser and EY are useless as well.

It should be obvious to you all that the scum is lying back and letting the town pick each other apart. I suggest a very talented team of scum. Guy that are perfect for the role because they are low profile mixed with 1 or 2 active yet passive aggressive types. And then that d-bag Pac.

If I was scum thinking it was going to be an easy lynch I would have waited till others started in on him and popped in somewhere in the 4th vote range... I wouldn't have come out swinging.

Yes I know what his point was. Mine was that if it was about to become common knowledge that 10 votes was all that was needed, I wouldn't have waited till the 10th vote to unvote.

You act like you have never played with EY before, how is this any different then he normally plays when he's innocent? When he is scum, he is much more inclined to follow others thoughts and letting theories evolve, which he is not doing this game.

Its posts like this, that make me most suspicious of you. You are acting like you have never played this game before...and you are quickly becoming my favorite target and its got nothing to do with a personal vandedeta...you are just playing scummy.

I feel asleep last night when I was going to form a couple of case ideas. Pac is a target for the reasons I've stated...he has been playing the most scummy of everyone, but as someone mentioned, that hasnt worked for us thus far. Thus why I havent voted him yet.

Fellas, we really need to refocus. The scum is lying low and we need to out one of them this lynch. Its not going to get any easier, especially with what the scum KNOWS at this time.

Crusher's train is moving very easily...has anyone stopped to ask why?

You act like you have never played with EY before, how is this any different then he normally plays when he's innocent? When he is scum, he is much more inclined to follow others thoughts and letting theories evolve, which he is not doing this game.

I disagree

Something tells me you arent lying. JiF feels votes on Arsis and Klecko are useless and we need to refocus because JiF feels pretty certain those votes on Cruser and EY are useless as well.

It should be obvious to you all that the scum is lying back and letting the town pick each other apart. I suggest a very talented team of scum. Guy that are perfect for the role because they are low profile mixed with 1 or 2 active yet passive aggressive types. And then that d-bag Pac.

Its posts like this, that make me most suspicious of you. You are acting like you have never played this game before...and you are quickly becoming my favorite target and its got nothing to do with a personal vandedeta...you are just playing scummy.

I feel asleep last night when I was going to form a couple of case ideas. Pac is a target for the reasons I've stated...he has been playing the most scummy of everyone, but as someone mentioned, that hasnt worked for us thus far. Thus why I havent voted him yet.

Fellas, we really need to refocus. The scum is lying low and we need to out one of them this lynch. Its not going to get any easier, especially with what the scum KNOWS at this time.

Pretty good post, the fact that the crusher train has moved this quickly is a bit concerning (especially if we think the scum has a secret voter or something (we never got to find out with Smash unfortunately)). Perhaps they are getting more brash in their bandwagonning. I don't want to switch my vote however till we see the big guy under some pressure...

One more thing re EY, i completely agree that his play has been very town-like. The only way I imagine him to play like this as scum would be if he's a godfather type, so while we shouldn't discount him completely, i don't think it makes sense to pursue a lynch with him today..

Good grief... While I appreciate that I'm the last thought in your head before you fall asleep you can't be any more wrong about me.

I'm starting to feel a little concern for the speed of the Crusher train now myself I'm starting to regret starting it.

Some of the people voting for Crusher are people I also suspect of being scum, in fact most of them are.

Unvote.

I'm starting to feel a little concern for the speed of the Crusher train now myself I'm starting to regret starting it.

Some of the people voting for Crusher are people I also suspect of being scum, in fact most of them are.

Unvote.

You would know.

Unvote.

wow this post reeks.

Good grief... While I appreciate that I'm the last thought in your head before you fall asleep you can't be any more wrong about me.

Oh Gawd, dont flatter yourself.

I might be wrong about you and thats why I havent voted. Like I said, so far the scummiest people have been unfortunately lynched and were innocent.

Unvote.

This might be the place to start. After going back and reading, there isnt much out there other then some play that I find as typical scum tells. Nothing really posted or nothing really to scumm other then Pac. My feelings on slats was his ability to keep away from certain players, yet agree with others. Its a good tactic of distancing himself but keeping himself in line with players that wont lynch him.

My case on Bleedin is simply, its Bleedin and usually when he gets this far without pressure, its a bad thing. Like Slats said in my first death scene, I'm an instinct player unless something obvious is posted. My instincts dont like these players, but I can legitimately say that I only really have a case on Pac.

That said, of those on the Crusher chaing.

I would like to hear from Norway and Sharrow...who I think could be a couple of low profile quite types that are perfectly suited for scum in this set up. Of the 2, Sharrow is the most concerning...but Norway isnt playnig like his typical self...a little less active...Sharrow is in line with his style.

I would like to hear from Norway and Sharrow...who I think could be a couple of low profile quite types that are perfectly suited for scum in this set up. Of the 2, Sharrow is the most concerning...but Norway isnt playnig like his typical self...a little less active...Sharrow is in line with his style.

Irish needs to post more, too. I keep thinking back to the two precinct game where he was nailed by EY day one, and I'm wondering if he's lying particularly low this time out just to avoid trapping himself again.

Archived