JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.

It's worth noting how many people are against settling this right now... Coincidence?

Arsis is all for settling it. Arsis does not want to rush and do something silly. Arsis wants to settle it the way that is most beneficial for the town. Arsis does not want to lynch anymore townies than necessary. Best bet is on Slats.

The only other issue is there's a good chance we lose the cop or the vig to NK tonight.

But, for your idea to work...

Cop investigates LaOut.

Roleblocker blocks LaOut.

Pac protects himself and LaOut (as if that matters)

Scum kills innocent.

As Bleedin' just suggested, what if the mafia have a tracker as well? Then they will identify the Cop the same way LAOut could if he was scum. I don't like a plan that potentially outs the Cop to the mafia before Pac can be confirmed as a townie Doc.

If the cop dies then we could always lynch laout tomorrow and do it that way. Arsis just does not want to kill the guys who claimed new superdoc and watcher over the chance that the cop gets killed tonight.

The Cop is more important than a watcher. The best way to get the Cop to have Doc protection without possibly revealing the Cop to the mafia is to confirm Pac first. The only flaw here is that the Cop could potentially get NKed tonight, but I don't see a way around that risk.

Your play has changed since that 50/50 post from JVoR, btw. I have a question for you: Who is more important to the town, the Cop or the Doc?

If the cop dies then we could always lynch laout tomorrow and do it that way. Arsis just does not want to kill the guys who claimed new superdoc and watcher over the chance that the cop gets killed tonight.

If they're scum, that plays perfectly into their plans. It's just postponing the decision and buying them an extra night phase where they're both alive. I think Bleedin' is the one who makes this point a lot ... how long do we give everyone a freebie for claiming a role? Of course it's a great play by scum, though, because we're all worried about lynching our superdoc/watcher right now (myself included).

But CTM's attempt to deflect attention from Pac is undeniable, and that's what keeps sticking out to me ... I'm leaning towards the LAOut lynch right now tbh.

As Bleedin' just suggested, what if the mafia have a tracker as well? Then they will identify the Cop the same way LAOut could if he was scum. I don't like a plan that potentially outs the Cop to the mafia before Pac can be confirmed as a townie Doc.

The Cop is more important than a watcher. The best way to get the Cop to have Doc protection without possibly revealing the Cop to the mafia is to confirm Pac first. The only flaw here is that the Cop could potentially get NKed tonight, but I don't see a way around that risk.

Your play has changed since that 50/50 post from JVoR, btw. I have a question for you: Who is more important to the town, the Cop or the Doc?

Arsis would rather have both than none.

Arsis also has no problem quoting the results from the PM I got from JVOR and getting modkilled if it will clear the issue up. TBH, the game has not been fun since the long ass delay in the middle of it.

I agree, and am still happy to take LaOut... but it doesn't seem to be going that way.

If they're scum, that plays perfectly into their plans. It's just postponing the decision and buying them an extra night phase where they're both alive. I think Bleedin' is the one who makes this point a lot ... how long do we give everyone a freebie for claiming a role? Of course it's a great play by scum, though, because we're all worried about lynching our superdoc/watcher right now (myself included).

But CTM's attempt to deflect attention from Pac is undeniable, and that's what keeps sticking out to me ... I'm leaning towards the LAOut lynch right now tbh.

CTM also refused to vote for EY and Kleck despite their spats. As I mentioned before I wouldn't be suprised in the least if their scum teammates and agreed that one of them should die which would hopefully clear the other the rest of the game.

You still haven't acknowledged why I'd be spouting off at the mouth about Lex and Kryptonite after SMC died if I knew CTM was Lex... why add fuel to the speculation that the character even exists.

Dan, it's also worth noting that in every other game, CTM and Pac go at each other pretty hard. How come it never happened this time?

Arsis also has no problem quoting the results from the PM I got from JVOR and getting modkilled if it will clear the issue up. TBH, the game has not been fun since the long ass delay in the middle of it.

We've been down this road before ... hence the SMC rule. :D People know you could be lying if you quote your PM. Screenshots can be faked, too. And any PM you got from JVoR about the results of the serum isn't the same as quoting your role PM, where other heroes might pick up on familiar phrases. We have no idea what/how he would have told you. Probably wouldn't get you modkilled, and even if you got yourself modkilled, JVoR probably wouldn't divulge your alignment. If you're town, you're better off finishing out the game. If you're scum, who knows what your plans are.

Dan, it's also worth noting that in every other game, CTM and Pac go at each other pretty hard. How come it never happened this time?

Already laying the foundation for your defense once LAout flips innocent? Who's transparent?

To answer your question above all you have to do is look at the game you kept quoting last night in BG's Jets game. There were no spats and we were on oppositte sides. oops.

We've been down this road before ... hence the SMC rule. :D People know you could be lying if you quote your PM. Screenshots can be faked, too. And any PM you got from JVoR about the results of the serum isn't the same as quoting your role PM, where other heroes might pick up on familiar phrases. We have no idea what/how he would have told you. Probably wouldn't get you modkilled, and even if you got yourself modkilled, JVoR probably wouldn't divulge your alignment. If you're town, you're better off finishing out the game. If you're scum, who knows what your plans are.

The PM specifically says not to quote it. I'm pretty sure I'd get modkilled. I hope I get modkilled for talking about it.

CTM also refused to vote for EY and Kleck despite their spats. As I mentioned before I wouldn't be suprised in the least if their scum teammates and agreed that one of them should die which would hopefully clear the other the rest of the game.

You still haven't acknowledged why I'd be spouting off at the mouth about Lex and Kryptonite after SMC died if I knew CTM was Lex... why add fuel to the speculation that the character even exists.

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

Man you suck at this game.

Vote: Pac

I couldn't imagine Lex Luthor not being in this game. If anything, the fire you were fueling was feeding misinformation ... if you did know CTM's role, and people had referenced Lex Luthor already, I can perfectly see you trying to add confusion by asking about all unvotes counting towards a vote total, for example.

That's why I think lynching LAOut would really clear this up. If you're town, it should work in your benefit. If you know yourself to be innocent, wouldn't you rather clear your name as soon as possible, so the cop can look elsewhere tonight, and our roleblocker (if Klecko isn't lying) can target someone else?

I couldn't imagine Lex Luthor not being in this game. If anything, the fire you were fueling was feeding misinformation ... if you did know CTM's role, and people had referenced Lex Luthor already, I can perfectly see you trying to add confusion by asking about all unvotes counting towards a vote total, for example.

That's why I think lynching LAOut would really clear this up. If you're town, it should work in your benefit. If you know yourself to be innocent, wouldn't you rather clear your name as soon as possible, so the cop can look elsewhere tonight, and our roleblocker (if Klecko isn't lying) can target someone else?

I can target whomever the town wants me to target.

P.S. I think I know why our cop hasn't confirmed anyone's innocence.

So that you could ask that very question?

C'mon, I think you've played a reasonably straight game (regardless of mislynches....still straight), but that's a reach. I can see that Pac is a good player, but placing breadcrumbs for something like that? He could not possibly know that events would unfold for him to use that as a placeholder for a future defense.

Lynching Pac is not the best play for the town - we need to confirm him, and preferably not through his own coroner report. Why do you have blinders on for Pac? Have you read the plan outlined by Arsis, and commented on by EY, myself, and others?

I'm confident in myself to lynch pac today, but we really need to decide between LAout and Pac. Otherwise, we're just splitting the votes.

I think more people will get on board with LAout, but if that's not the case, and others will go after the goon, then I'm certainly down.

C'mon, I think you've played a reasonably straight game (regardless of mislynches....still straight), but that's a reach. I can see that Pac is a good player, but placing breadcrumbs for something like that? He could not possibly know that events would unfold for him to use that as a placeholder for a future defense.

Lynching Pac is not the best play for the town - we need to confirm him, and preferably not through his own coroner report. Why do you have blinders on for Pac? Have you read the plan outlined by Arsis, and commented on by EY, myself, and others?

Remember your words once Laout flips innocent.

Yeah, and I am inclined to jump on one of those bandwagons if need be. I just want to see goonboy lose it some more. ;)

I can target whomever the town wants me to target.

P.S. I think I know why our cop hasn't confirmed anyone's innocence.

Problem is, in case LAOut is scum, we need you to target him tonight.

Solving this right now (lynch LAOut):

- If guilty: Killed scum. And hi there, scum #2.

- If innocent: Cleared superdoc. Lost watcher. Cop can investigate someone else, and roleblocker can block someone else. One of the two could still die, but at least they've split up their efforts and the scum don't know who's being targeted. Tomorrow we focus our efforts with this matter settled.

Postponing the decision (lynch Slats or someone else):

- If guilty: Killed scum. No scum #2. Cop and roleblocker direct their efforts to the Pac/LAOut deal instead of spreading out. Could find no closure if cop is killed.

- If innocent: We gained nothing! Cop and roleblocker direct their efforts to the Pac/LAOut deal instead of spreading out. Could find no closure if cop is killed.

Bottom line, I think we have more to gain in both cases, whether LAOut is innocent or guilty. With that said, I'm voting: LAOut. If I missed something, though, let me know.

I also think it's important to hear from Slats, since JiF has a compelling case against him and some would rather lynch him today.

Yeah, and I am inclined to jump on one of those bandwagons if need be. I just want to see goonboy lose it some more. ;)

You big dummy. I'm fully aware EY and his scum teams strategy is to push my buttons until I meltdown or say something to get mod killed.

It's a low budget attempt by a low budget team of scum.

Problem is, in case LAOut is scum, we need you to target him tonight.

Solving this right now (lynch LAOut):

- If guilty: Killed scum. And hi there, scum #2.

- If innocent: Cleared superdoc. Lost watcher. Cop can investigate someone else, and roleblocker can block someone else. One of the two could still die, but at least they've split up their efforts and the scum don't know who's being targeted. Tomorrow we focus our efforts with this matter settled.

Postponing the decision (lynch Slats or someone else):

- If guilty: Killed scum. No scum #2. Cop and roleblocker direct their efforts to the Pac/LAOut deal instead of spreading out. Could find no closure if cop is killed.

- If innocent: We gained nothing! Cop and roleblocker direct their efforts to the Pac/LAOut deal instead of spreading out. Could find no closure if cop is killed.

Bottom line, I think we have more to gain in both cases, whether LAOut is innocent or guilty. With that said, I'm voting: LAOut. If I missed something, though, let me know.

I also think it's important to hear from Slats, since JiF has a compelling case against him and some would rather lynch him today.

Hey Pac, learn from Dan X's post. This is how you make a case and appear innocent.

Not by being an obnoxious douche.

Archived