JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My view is, if LAOut is telling the truth, it doesn't make sense as scum for Pac to target Doggin (a townie) the first night and himself (scum) the second night. What scum power would that be? I can't think of any that are sometimes good for townies and sometimes benefit scum.

Likewise if Pac is innocent, I think LAOut would have to be innocent because why would a scum watcher hop in like that to stop Pac from getting lynched.

I don't think they're innocent, but in the small case that they are, it's much worse to lose a superdoc than a watcher.

Initially, he jumped in and called him a liar, not to save him from lynch. Whether it was acting or not, I don't know.

Of course it will be a waste of time because you have no case against me.

I am convinced that LAOut is clean.

Let me break this down.

LAOut says he watched doggin the first night and that four other players targeted doggin on night one. I can only speak for myself when I say that I blocked doggin on night one because I thought he was scum. It makes sense that LAOut watched him because he thought he was scum. Pac protected doggin on night one.

That where it gets weird. Two players target doggin because they think he is scum. At least one other player targeted him, either the cop or the vig. That suggests that at least three players thought doggin was dirty on night one. Hell, the big obviously thought doggin was dirty as he took a shot at him during day two.

What possible sense would it make for Pac to protect him then?

There's only two possible reasons Pac protected doggin. 1) He's an idiot and wasn't paying attention the first day (definitely possible because he's been on my ass since day one and doggin picked a fight with me on day one as he was required to do and Pac bought it hook, line and sinker.) 2) Pac, as scum, had a vested interest in keeping doggin alive and safe from vig kill the first night because doggin was the most suspicious player in the game at that point and a prime target for the scum to set up for a lynch.

Why are you certain LAOut is innocent? He could have watched Doggin as scum.

Are you also saying you think Pac has protective powers as scum? That's something I never thought of ...

I'm starting to think they're both innocent. Maybe I'm being dumb, but maybe the idea that the whole scum team was laying low was right.

So does Arsis. No one else does though. Which is why Arsis was saying we should vote Slats. However, no one else seems to want to listen.

I'm starting to think they're both innocent. Maybe I'm being dumb, but maybe the idea that the whole scum team was laying low was right.

So does Arsis. No one else does though. Which is why Arsis was saying we should vote Slats. However, no one else seems to want to listen.

Hey there guys!

Can you guys think of any powers other than the one that SMC had that could target both other players any yourself?

Cause I can't, and if not then I'm starting to see how lynching LA could confirm Pac one way or the other. Maybe that is the way to go afterall.

Great job by the Vig on taking out Luthor!

Yesterday I made a comment about how I feel one of our 3 claimants is lying about their roles. Personally I'm inclined to believe it is the guy who volunteered his role under no duress, however I really do see how lynching LAout is the smart play. Either he's lying scum and we take out their 2nd, or he's telling the truth and his info allows us (well at least me personally) to trust that Pac too is telling the truth.

Vote: LAout

If Pac and CTM were teammates, why would CTM push a case on Pac on day 2, while being the first to bring up his unvote of SMC as being scummy?

Sharrow, quite simply, because that's what CTM does... He pushes his scum teammates when they're taking no heat from anyone else...

How come he completely abandoned the case when I was making it?

He knew that I was going to get Smashmouth lynched eventually, so could safely 'distance' himself from Pac. It's telling that when the heat was up on Pac, CTM was nowhere to be found. He was haplessly trying to push Crusher then. Why abandon the guy you were pushing on day 2, when he was getting heat early on day 3. Very little changed at that point.

It was a ploy.

Sharrow, quite simply, because that's what CTM does... He pushes his scum teammates when they're taking no heat from anyone else...

He knew that I was going to get Smashmouth lynched eventually, so could safely 'distance' himself from Pac. It's telling that when the heat was up on Pac, CTM was nowhere to be found. He was haplessly trying to push Crusher then. Why abandon the guy you were pushing on day 2, when he was getting heat early on day 3. Very little changed at that point.

It was a ploy.

So then why vote for Laout and not PAC?

It was a ploy.

So if LA ends up being a hero, what will you think?

Kleck's game started out as a disaster... He accumulated a quick 5 votes for being a tool including accusing Doggin of "hiding something" when he was the first person who voted for him.

He started kissing a$$ and the votes came off when he may have decided to help CTM who had just started the case against SMC....

This was in response to a Smash post when CTM had just started the crusade against SMC. At the time no one else but CTM had made a case against SMC.

Wow, you're incredibly defensive, which is actually making me lean away from you because I think you've just got some genuine fear of being voted off early, but I'll hold off on voting for you for now.

There are a couple of suspicious things going on, including what seem like alliances but I'm just not sold on anyone yet.

I feel like I am a disadvantage not really knowing how everyone generally plays because the two or three game threads I read really didn't present any real patterns of playing styles.

I do, however, find it suspicious that SMC was warning people to not look for "tells" and how quickly Crusher backed him up.

In sincerely hope Crusher isn't scum. That would break my heart.

I'm leaning toward SMC but I'm not quite sure.

Sure nothing to get hot and bothered over but was this a subtle nudge in SMC's way to help a scum teammate?

He then disappears for 24 hours and his first post when he comes back is this:

+1

I have a real question about a player who has a tell going out of his way to try to convince people not to look for tells.

Vote: SMC.

He places an important momentum vote (5th) then disappears for 6 hours and returns with this gem in response to SMC:

Well someone certainly talks like a supervillian. :yes:

Curiously he then disappears AGAIN for 4 hours while the SMC train is in full swing. To me this looks like CTM and EY told him to zip it while they do the heavy lifting. If you look at the last couple days Kleck posts every 10 minutes but during the day or 2 around the SMC witchhunt he wasnowhere to be found.

But wait... the very next post after JVOR calls for night actions upon SMC's death here comes Kleck. It's not to talk about being wrong or what might of happened but instead this nonsense:

Look Crusher, you don

Dude, once again, I havent even voted for you, relax.

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before, but please help me understand your role...

Can you now absorb another power and lose the one you hvae to replace with said power?

I'm relaxed. I received prior permission to talk about the role so this shouldn't get me MK'd.

No I can't absorb another. I can only use the absorbtion of a role once.

Are you claiming, when SMC died, you chose to absorb his power right away or JVOR gave you the power immediately?

I had to request the power of a dead townie (which I'd see from the death scene) and it was immediately available for use.

Are you also claiming you absorbed the power, by one of the above ways and then first night you protected Doggin?

Who did you protect the 2nd night?

Yes the first night Doggin. I don't want to get into what townie on Night 2. It might give scum someone to shoot at if I'm right about who I think he is.

Thanks

welcome

Kleck's game started out as a disaster... He accumulated a quick 5 votes for being a tool including accusing Doggin of "hiding something" when he was the first person who voted for him.

He started kissing a$$ and the votes came off when he may have decided to help CTM who had just started the case against SMC....

This was in response to a Smash post when CTM had just started the crusade against SMC. At the time no one else but CTM had made a case against SMC.

Sure nothing to get hot and bothered over but was this a subtle nudge in SMC's way to help a scum teammate?

He then disappears for 24 hours and his first post when he comes back is this:

He places an important momentum vote (5th) then disappears for 6 hours and returns with this gem in response to SMC:

Curiously he then disappears AGAIN for 4 hours while the SMC train is in full swing. To me this looks like CTM and EY told him to zip it while they do the heavy lifting. If you look at the last couple days Kleck posts every 10 minutes but during the day or 2 around the SMC witchhunt he wasnowhere to be found.

But wait... the very next post after JVOR calls for night actions upon SMC's death here comes Kleck. It's not to talk about being wrong or what might of happened but instead this nonsense:

You didn't want to talk about SMC at all Kleck? Why? Was it because you already knew he was innocent?

The next day started with JIF's first death scene and our dopey friend Kleck comes in with this overreaction:

I, along with most, were happy to have only lost a non-rolled townie but Kleck was apparently beside himself. Laying it on a bit thick huh Kleck? Not to mention he posted this within 5 minutes of the death scene. He suddenly was very much into the game again after having disappeared during the SMC fiasco.

This is when the dumb Kleck (redundant much) rears his head and starts muddying waters with nonsensical questions:

Now this one is interesting... Our self proclaimed blocker is asking someone how that role would work.... uhhh why? That's what you do right?

After Slats explains what a blocker does Kleck says:

What the hell is he talking about... why is he asking questions about a blocker when he's supposedly it?

I finally called him out on his nonsense:

Note the way he tries to brush it off at the end and "focus" on the case against Smash manufactured by EY... hmmmm.

Then it's back to muddying waters by talking about JIF's death as he quotes his death scene and asks:

Uhh... first of all I thought he was focusing on Smash and secondly why not say what clue you mean blockhead? Was he just trying to throw this out there to muddy waters? Maybe.

He then disappears again and only returns when Doggin agrees with the points I've made about him. I think he got scared Doggin might start in on him.

Look at how he defends this post I was responding to Doggin with:

His response to that was that I "suck at the game" and he already answered me.... uhhh whatever you say dude.

He then scurries back to his rock presumably to ask EY and CTM how to handle it.

We then return to dumb Kleck.... he quotes the case Smash made against EY and Doggin and asks:

LOL...

Thanks for the insight Kleck... go back to your rock.

shocker.... note that once again Kleck chooses that cozy 5th spot for his vote. Momentum baby... momentum.

This gets interesting..... Smash makes a mistake and Kleck is right there to jump on it:

Immediately after this post KLECK DISAPPEARS AGAIN for over an hour. This was around the time I theorized scum were frantically PMing each other trying to get JVOR to MK Smash.... In my opinion EY, CTM, and Kleck were pming each other and Kleck went into silent mode to await his orders. Go back and look at the timeline!

Lookie what we have here in response to Smash who claimed EY and Kleck got him killed...

It makes a lot of sense Kleck.... This was his first post after going into hiding. Again.. not upset, no remorse, no anger at the loss of yet another townie.

In fact look at this disgrace of a post..... Smash's death scene had just been posted and what does Kleck do?

uhhh I didn't find it funny Kleck... that could be because I'm town and you're not.

I tried to bring peoples attention to it:

The response from Kleck:

Are you guys getting all this?

I'm getting tired of this so I'll stop here.... If you want more I can take it all the way to today.

In short his play lately has been to mercilessly attack me and I think it's to try to either get me MK'd or to "meltdown".... I believe these are orders he's gotten from EY.

:rl:

You suck at this game. Go ahead Pac, get me lynched. If I get lynched, EY is gonna own your ass because I'm clean.

Official Vote Count

LAOut(6) LAOut, verbal, EY, DanX, Pac, Shutout

Pac (3) Klecko, Norway, Arsis

EY(1) slats

Slats(1) JiF

8 to lynch.

New Deadline. Wednesday at 8PM the day phase will end.

Pac is getting nervous so he takes obvious jokes I am making and attempts to make a case on me.

Notice how Pac is not close to being lynched. His buddy LAOut is. Who wants to bet that if LAOut gets a seventh vote, either Pac or LAOut unvote?

I got called into work yesterday for a 16 hour shift, which is why I posted at 5:30 or so in the morning. I have to get going again. But JiF has a bug up his ass over me, so I figure I'll try to respond to this before I head out.

The bold was in response to lynching Pac....right now....and saving CTM for later. Why was Slats so onboard with "saving" CTM's lynch? He is in complete agreement with basically everything EY was spellng out, but that changes.

EY had laid out a pretty good plan, IMHO, on getting to the truth of the Pac-is-now-Superman matter. To me that was the critical issue at the time, and remains the critical issue right now. I figured either Pac or EY is probably scum, and the sooner we get to the heart of that matter, the quicker the town comes home with a win.

Everyone was screaming for the Vig to take a shot at the logic choice, CTM. But here is slats again, doing what he can to keep CTM around and go after Pac as a vig kill and not a lynch.

This was in response to Sharrow saying that its not a good idea to go after Pac. Slats once again boinks that idea of the vig taking a shot at CTM and instead puts it back on Pac when at this point everyone knows that could be a wasted kill.

First off, it's complete bullsh!t to suggest that "everyone" was screaming for the vig to take a shot at CTM. If that were the case, CTM would've been lynched. But in fact, I think he only had a single vote at that time! Who was this consensus? JiF and EY?

Everyone instead was really looking to get to the answer about Pac's role claim. I think we stall are, no?

I definitely thought Superman powers would protect against a vig shot. They do in every other game we've played here. I still contend that the vig taking the shot at Pac would've been the best shot to take at that time - obviously, if those doc powers would've worked in the daytime. This way, either Pac could've been cleared as telling the truth, or he would've been a dead scum liar. If the doc/vig relationship was a standard one, it was definitely the best play.

Of course, that changed when he took out actual scum. Nice job, btw, Mr. Vig! But if the 15 or so people not voting CTM at the time were right to not have their votes on him, it would've really sucked.

And then after all that, right before the vig kills, he votes on the EY train after following his logic and then totally defending against in a complete flip flop and effort to keep CTM alive for at least another day.

Why would he do this? He knows CTM was Lex and he could weaken Pac.

I was still following EY's logic when I voted for EY. EY had voted for himself! He quoted Doggin's signature (which is my quote, btw), about the cerebral move taking out Vic. the point then was that we had to get to the bottom of the biggest conflict in the game ASAP so we could move forward. I figure EY's either falling on his sword for the town, or he's trying to deflect any attention that he might be scum by demonstrating himself to be so valiant. Either way, I was willing to help him out - and I knew I was probably not going to be in computer range for most of the day, so I needed to get a vote in. So I did. You won't see too many posts from me at that hour in the near future.

Thanks Sharrow.. I think it needed to be said by someone other than me. Lets see if that makes sense to others.

In the meantime since you want to try so will I. I guess I have reading to do.

Dick, I have been saying this since I got back into the game. And you are still dead focused on Kleck and EY, and keep acting like I am not trying to go a different direction. The irony in this post, is that you have done nothing to start a case on someone else all game long.

Unvote - because its not getting me anywhere

Vote LAout

I hate doing this, I really do, but this game is going no where and since everyone is focused no Pac/LAout, lets just get this over with.

Slats, I saw your response and its a good defense, but it doesnt quite explain your wishy washy play and why you were defending CTM and there were at least 5 of us that were calling for the Vig to kill CTM....EY, Kleck, Me, IJ, Arsis, Dan X, Norway....am I missing someone?

Dick, I have been saying this since I got back into the game. And you are still dead focused on Kleck and EY, and keep acting like I am not trying to go a different direction. The irony in this post, is that you have done nothing to start a case on someone else all game long.

Unvote - because its not getting me anywhere

Vote LAout

I hate doing this, I really do, but this game is going no where and since everyone is focused no Pac/LAout, lets just get this over with.

Slats, I saw your response and its a good defense, but it doesnt quite explain your wishy washy play and why you were defending CTM and there were at least 5 of us that were calling for the Vig to kill CTM....EY, Kleck, Me, IJ, Arsis, Dan X, Norway....am I missing someone?

Good.

Unvote.

VOTE: LAOut

:rl:

You suck at this game. Go ahead Pac, get me lynched. If I get lynched, EY is gonna own your ass because I'm clean.

Dude, kleckjob. That was a very response to a reasonably laid out case. Arsis would like to hear a more well tought out and explained response to pacs claim. He seems to have a point here. Arsis hoped for a better response from you.

Archived