JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I am calling this game over. I really appreciate those who signed up and were very active in making this overall a very enjoyable experience for me in modding my first game. I hope you guys had fun playing this setup, I literally spent hours thinking of roles, flavors, and ways to balance this setup, and I hope it showed in the final product.

It is incredibly difficult to try and keep everyone happy, while keeping the setup balanced. If you make a request to tweak the setup to make it balanced, believe me, I try my VERY BEST to consider both sides of the equation.

Hey guys, I am calling this game over. I really appreciate those who signed up and were very active in making this overall a very enjoyable experience for me in modding my first game. I hope you guys had fun playing this setup, I literally spent hours thinking of roles, flavors, and ways to balance this setup, and I hope it showed in the final product.

It is incredibly difficult to try and keep everyone happy, while keeping the setup balanced. If you make a request to tweak the setup to make it balanced, believe me, I try my VERY BEST to consider both sides of the equation.

Thanks JVOR and I'm very sorry it turned out the way it did.

Can you list roles and actions?

Thank you, JVoR, for a great game setup. Sucks that it ended this way. I know you did everything you could under tough circumstances. I have no ambition to mod one of these things anytime soon.

Lex Luthor: http://blogs.the217.com/capes/files/2008/06/salvationrun7.jpg

Alignment: Villain

You are Lex Luthor. Businessman extraordinaire, misunderstood genius, and the most powerful man that ever lived. Who the hell cares that you weren't born with the ability to punch through walls, lift cars, or fly at the speed of light. You were raised in the "suicide slums" of Metropolis and damn it, you earned your power. People listen when you speak, and unlike that snooty bastard with a red cape, you'll do whatever it takes to win. Screw those narrow-minded haters. Screw those jackass "heroes." But most of all, screw Superman. You could have had your way with the world if that idiot hadn't gotten....lucky. And they idolize him? You employ half those freaking imps in your companies. Without you, Metropolis would die like a leech sucking on hind tit.

Powers: 1) But you know something they don't, don't you. Precious little Superman can't take his kryptonite like a ****ing man, right? Well, you and you alone hold green kryptonite. The way it works is this. You tell me each night phase who you want to apply "kryptonite" to, and I will do so. If you choose incorrectly (i.e. don't apply it to Superman) nothing happens. But if you choose correctly, Superman will be considerably weakened during the day phase. A "weakened" Superman will die if he has one scum vote on him and if you get at least one townie to betray him by voting him. Strategy is up to you. Say it takes 8 to lynch. If you have 5 townies voting him and one scum hammers him, Superman will die that day. If you have one scum vote first and one townie votes after, a weakened Superman will still die.

2) Like I said you are a pretty influential individual. So influential, that your vote counts twice during the day. And the best part is, no one will know it counts twice until someone mysteriously gets lynched at L-1.

Note: One of you villains must submit the kill. You ARE dealing with superheroes, this won't be easy or simple. Along with the Joker (Crusher), Galactus (Dan X), Green Goblin (Verbal), and Magneto (Slats) you win when the number of villains equals the number of superheroes.

Joker: http://seeker65.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/joker-comic-thumb.jpg

You are the Joker. Maniacal some say. Lunatic others say. LAUGH. Chaos. You love chaos. Background unknown. I think you've even forgotten your own name. Killling. Killer. Kill kill kill. You don't often cooperate well with others, but this time you'll have to make an exception. Batman must and will die at your hands. Yes. He'll die a bloody death. The world's a joke and you are ... what was it again?

Powers:

1) A long time ago you found out who everyone was. You knew what they did, why they did it, who they did it to, who they didn't do it to ... who cares ... boring. But you've forgotten it all and it's slowly coming back to you. Or maybe you just want to make the killing fun again by drawing it out. Maddening, this lunacy, eh? Regardless, you are able to find out the name of one hero each night. PM me the name of a player each night phase, and I will reveal to you his superhero alias.

2) You are well known for your capacity to escape convictions, and you are the master at near-death experiences. As such, you may survive one lynch.

Post Restriction:

The world's a joke and you are the joker. You MUST include a joke in every post you make. It doesn't have to be knock knock or anything like that. Basically, I just want you to make me laugh at lot, so make sure you remember to do so. First failure will be a warning. Second failure will be forfeiting all powers for one game cycle. Third failure will be mod kill.

Note: One of you villains must submit the kill. You ARE dealing with superheroes, this won't be easy or simple. Along with the Lex Luthor (CTM), Galactus (Dan X), Green Goblin (Verbal), and Magneto (Slats) you win when the number of villains equals the number of superheroes.

Magneto: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4200000/Magneto-marvel-comics-4206703-1280-880.jpg

You are Magneto. You know in your heart that mutants are supreme and humans are inferior. I know what you're thinking. Why did Xavier have to be so weak? Together, you could've wiped out the ****s and put those pathetic humans in their place. You normally would hate to kill powered up beings, but anyone who stands in the way of mutant justice must die. Even Charles ... Erik Lehnsherr is no more. You ARE Magneto, supreme champion of mutantkind.

Powers:

1) You are essentially a godfather. An investigator will not be able to read your true intentions.

2) You may use your magnetic powers each night to "find" Wolverine. You get to pick one person each night. If correct, Wolverine will not be able to use his power against you or your mafia teammates.

Note: One of you villains must submit the kill. You ARE dealing with superheroes, this won't be easy or simple. Along with the Joker (Crusher), Galactus (Dan X), Green Goblin (Verbal), and Lex Luthor (CTM) you win when the number of villains equals the number of superheroes.

Green Goblin: http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/GreenGoblin3.jpg

You are the Green Goblin. So the military wanted to cut off your funding? No one crosses Norman Osbourne and gets away with it ... You would have done it already too if it hadn't been for that annoying little gnat. What did he call himself? Spider-Man? Child's play. Your explosives and weapons should be enough to take that little bastard down. Spidey sense this ... punk.

Powers:

1) You are a roleblocker. You may PM me the name of one person each night, and they will be unable to use their power.

2) Your armor is state-of-the art. As such, you may survive one attempted kill (this does not include lynches). You will not be notified when an attempt has been made, however.

Note: One of you villains must submit the kill. You ARE dealing with superheroes, this won't be easy or simple. Along with the Lex Luthor (CTM), Galactus (Dan X), the Joker (Crusher), and Magneto (Slats) you win when the number of villains equals the number of superheroes.

Galactus, A.K.A. Devourer of Planets: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Galactus1.JPG

You ****ing eat planets. Enough said. It's not possible to be more omnipotent than you. Sole survivor of the universe existing before the Big Bang, that makes you the oldest living entity ... ever. You use the Power Cosmic to do whatever the hell you want: create life, restore dead planets and resurrect the dead, open wormholes, transport beings across time and space, teleport objects (including galaxies), read minds, erase memories, you name it. What can't you do? You are perhaps the most feared being in the cosmos, and you're someone I wouldn't want to trifle with, that's for sure.

Powers:

1) You love manipulating people's minds. You may PM me the name of one person each night to "frame". Upon investigation, the selected individual will appear to have evil intentions when they really do not. Such is the power of the cosmos.

2) You have the special task of finding the Silver Surfer. You may choose one person each night to target as the Silver Surfer. The Silver Surfer can be converted into a supervillain sympathizer if you find him. The sympathizer will count as a hero, but will only win with the villains. So if it's 5 villains, 5 townies, and a symp, you still have not won. You must lynch at that point if the situation becomes like that.

3) You may survive one attempted kill (this does not include lynches). You will not be notified when an attempt has been made.

Note: One of you villains must submit the kill. You ARE dealing with superheroes, this won't be easy or simple. Along with the Lex Luthor (CTM), Green Goblin (Verbal), the Joker (Crusher), and Magneto (Slats) you win when the number of villains equals the number of superheroes.

Pac and the vig saved you guys, unless there's some powers we didn't account for.. If pac was lynched the other day, with my 2 vote power you guys were more or less done..

That wasn't by accident. I realized that it would be a rout during the day with your strength in votes, so i balanced it with vigs and a guy that can shoot if he got lynched :P

Archived