Cutdown Day: Final Roster (list all cuts here)

SoFlaJets

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least with Gholston they were trying to improve the team. A swing and a miss so far, but they tried. The Nugent pick was a waste the second it reached the podium. A stupid overreaction to Doug Brien's misses when the real culprit in Pittsburgh that day was the entire offense.

Totally agree. The upside with Gholston still remains huge. The upside with a kicker? Oh my.

I'm stunned that they would cut Kareem Brown.

Look at it, we're short in the front 7, and even worse off because of the Pace and Ellis suspensions. Brown provides a solid #3 option there.

At the same time, we're short on tight ends and Brown could have been serviceable at least as the #3 at that position as well.

I was thinking Rex would want to run 2 tight end sets a lot this year, I'm trying to understand how he can do that with only 1 TRUE tight end on the roster in Hartsock and there's not even a #2 around to spell him at all (Simmons gone, now Brown gone too... who else is left, backup O Tackles?)

Also I was rooting for Woodhead all the way but I have to be honest, I'm stunned that they are even considering keeping him on the active roster. Figured for sure Calucrick or one of those others would get the nod here.. maybe not.

You know, the one good thing about Ellis & Pace's suspensions is we get to keep 55 players, instead of everyone else who is keeping 53. At least I believe that is the rule. After Week 1 though, someone will have to be cut to make room for Ellis, same thing after Week 4 for Pace.

Jets make some cuts

By MARK CANNIZZARO

The Jets made at least some of their final cuts on Friday, though they're not announcing any of them until Saturday afternoon when Rex Ryan has a conference call with reporters.

An inside source has told The Post of several of the players who were told on Friday they were cut. Tight end Kareem Brown, fullback Jehuu Caulcrick and tackle Stanley Daniels were among the group. Others believed to be cut included receiver Britt Davis, guard Ryan McKee, tight end Kevin Brock from Rutgers, running back Anthony Kimble, tight end Jack Simmons, who had a dropped TD pass Thursday and receiver Marcus Henry

The Jets are required to be down to the 53-player limit by 6 p.m. Saturday.

As of Friday night it's believed that running back Danny Woodhead, who rushed for 158 yards and two TDs in Thursday night's preseason finale, was still on the roster. The Jets' dilemma is if they try to keep Woodhead on the practice squad surely another NFL team will sign him to their 53-man roster.

As one Jets player said, Rex Ryan "told the team more moves would be made to make our team better.''

Among those moves is something at punter, where the Jets were awaiting other teams' final cuts so they can replace inconsistet Reggie Hodges with an upgrade. The Jets have had their eye on Jacksonville punter Josh Podlesh, who might be cut in favor of Steven Weatherford.

That would be a huge surprise to me if we release Caulcrick and keep Woodhead. Who the heck is the Fullback if T-Rich, whose what? 38? 39 years old? Goes down to injury.

Caulcrick best be on the PSquad or else we'll be stuck up creek without a paddle if T-Rich goes down.

That would be a huge surprise to me if we release Caulcrick and keep Woodhead. Who the heck is the Fullback if T-Rich, whose what? 38? 39 years old? Goes down to injury.

Caulcrick best be on the PSquad or else we'll be stuck up creek without a paddle if T-Rich goes down.

Someone told me Greene could play fullback, can anyone verify?

Someone told me Greene could play fullback, can anyone verify?

I love Shonn Greene, and I think he's going to be a very good Running Back in this league, but, c'mon, seriously? I know you arn't saying this, but who the heck would think he could play FB?

The Jets are required to be down to the 53-player limit by 6 p.m. Saturday.

As one Jets player said, Rex Ryan "told the team more moves would be made to make our team better.''

With the deadline close I wonder if he means we are negotiating with someone and our final 53 involves moving out players aswell as cutting for one coming in?

That`s how I read it anyhow! :D

With the deadline close I wonder if he means we are negotiating with someone and our final 53 involves moving out players aswell as cutting for one coming in?

That`s how I read it anyhow! :D

Wouldn't surprise me. Many teams add players on cut down weekend, either by trade or by grabbing someone off the wire. And actually the Jets only need to cut down to 55.

What the Jets do with roster cuts and pick-ups will tell us alot how they feel about their chances this season, IMO. If they think they can compete this year with Sanchez, they'll make an effort to pick up some vets at OL and WR and move out some young guys with limited potential.

Since when do teams keep backup fullbacks?

What the Jets do with roster cuts and pick-ups will tell us alot how they feel about their chances this season, IMO. If they think they can compete this year with Sanchez, they'll make an effort to pick up some vets at OL and WR and move out some young guys with limited potential.

53 make the team but only 48 make the active roster each week. the last 4 roster spots + ainge don't really add much to the team. I wouldn't over analyze the last few spots.

Since when did teams keep FOUR running backs?

It's more likely to see a back-up Fullback. Also, Caulcrick can play both RB and FB, unlike anyone else on this roster.

Oh, hey, you're awake.

Go respond to the Michael Vick thread.

That's fun. I like looking up facts that disparage him. It makes my day.

Oh, hey, you're awake.

Go respond to the Michael Vick thread.

That's fun. I like looking up facts that disparage him. It makes my day.

Troll, whatever you want to say or do, you won't be right about Michael Vick. Ever. Sorry. Your blind hatred for him takes anyway credibility. You can talk about 5-10 Wide Receivers who had great rookie seasons, what about the other 15 taken each year in the draft for the every 1 or 2 who don't start out like Jerry Rice? Just like everyone else, people take time.

Roddy White took time to develop, plain and simple.

Vick was getting it done plenty time before him, and without him, while he was on the roster.

There are reports on Twitter, btw, that say Woodhead made the final roster. Stupid, IMO. He's too small to play specials and he won't get a sniff on offense playing behind three better backs. Can anyone say "Kevin Swayne"?

Can you put up link for that

Sowell and Anderson for years

Yep.

And after that it was Sowell and Askew, Askew, like Caulcrick was a FB/RB.

It makes sense, but Jet fans have short memory. Especially Troll, he only remembers what he wants to remember.

Can you put up link for that

HolyJoeNamth.com cites "multiple sources," so he must have read it somewhere. Stupid ****, man. The Jets **** around and lose legit NFL running backs like Derrick Ward and Danny Ware, and NOW they give away a roster spit to a kid who will never see a meaningful snap in the NFL. Stupid. Spunky white kids are marketable, though! Buy those season tix now!!

Did Brock Christopher get cut? If he didn't he's the back up FB.

HolyJoeNamth.com cites "multiple sources," so he must have read it somewhere. Stupid ****, man. The Jets **** around and lose legit NFL running backs like Derrick Ward and Danny Ware, and NOW they give away a roster spit to a kid who will never see a meaningful snap in the NFL. Stupid. Spunky white kids are marketable, though! Buy those season tix now!!

LOL, take a deep breath.

Yep.

And after that it was Sowell and Askew, Askew, like Caulcrick was a FB/RB.

It makes sense, but Jet fans have short memory. Especially Troll, he only remembers what he wants to remember.

The problem with this argument is that Caulcrick was never going to be used as a blocking FB. He was used as a short-yardage back almost exclusively, so the Anderson-Sowell-Askew comparisons don't apply. If the Jets wanted another true FB on the roster, they'll go find a Jameel Cook-type guy, which is still possible.

Damn that's cynical. And yet I agree 100%. Go figure.

Hopefully he's just a part of the 55 we're currently allowed to carry. Like maybe Greene is questionable for the opener. If that's the case, it's not a terrible move.

I mean, we all love Danny Woodhead because he's 5'5/5'6 and a white Running Back, undrafted, from a D2 school in Nebraska. It's a great story, it is, but we have zero use for him. When he is he going to get on the field? When? What does he bring to the table? Cheerleader? Mascot?

Archived