Am I the only one who thinks Matt Ryan is CP2?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did the nickname "Matty Ice" come from? The BC Choir Club? The ACC has pretty much been a disappointment since BC joined....so where does the "Ice" come from? His annual beatdown of the 1AA Northeastern Huskies?

i'm sure u know this already...closet BC fan;)...BTW ryan is cuter than Troy

"Matty Ice," as his teammates call him, may have positioned himself as the Heisman frontrunner Thursday night when he engineered one of the most remarkable comebacks in BC football history, leading the second-ranked Eagles to a 14-10 win at No. 8 Virginia Tech. Down 10-0 with 4:11 left in the game, Ryan led the Eagles on a nine-play, 92-yard scoring drive in 2:05. Then, after BC recovered an onside kick, he put together a seven-play, 66-yard drive that culminated with a 32-yard touchdown pass to Andre Callender with 11 seconds remaining in the game. He finished the game 25-52 for 285 yards and two touchdowns.

i'm sure u know this already...closet BC fan;)...BTW ryan is cuter than Troy

"Matty Ice," as his teammates call him, may have positioned himself as the Heisman frontrunner Thursday night when he engineered one of the most remarkable comebacks in BC football history, leading the second-ranked Eagles to a 14-10 win at No. 8 Virginia Tech. Down 10-0 with 4:11 left in the game, Ryan led the Eagles on a nine-play, 92-yard scoring drive in 2:05. Then, after BC recovered an onside kick, he put together a seven-play, 66-yard drive that culminated with a 32-yard touchdown pass to Andre Callender with 11 seconds remaining in the game. He finished the game 25-52 for 285 yards and two touchdowns.

Like I said, Lilly white boy....'cause in that case, Brady is Tommy Iceberg, Peyton Manning is Peyton Antartica and the way ESPN is losing it over Favre's last minutes heroics this past Sunday, it's Brett North Pole.

What a joke. "Matty Ice." BC dooshies at it again. :rolleyes:

Wow. He led a top-five team to victory against Virginia Tech? Only see that maybe once, twice a year.

Like I said, Lilly white boy....'cause in that case, Brady is Tommy Iceberg, Peyton Manning is Peyton Antartica and the way ESPN is losing it over Favre's last minutes heroics this past Sunday, it's Brett North Pole.

What a joke. "Matty Ice." BC dooshies at it again. :rolleyes:

Boy your hatred for BC is disturbing...thank gawd we do get your wrath;)

I wish they had accepted ya or put you on the waiting list at least

Matt Ryan sucks.

Vernon Gholston is great.

Welcome to .....BIZZARO WORLD

Where up is down, down is up, 1st round busts are wonderful "occupiers" and 1st round QB's that perform well are terrible.

My eye laser surgery must be wearing off

ICe takes a terrible team to semis and he is terrible

maybe he should start shooting dogs or something...cause nice guys

finish last

Matt Ryan sucks.

Vernon Gholston is great.

Welcome to .....BIZZARO WORLD

Where up is down, down is up, 1st round busts are wonderful "occupiers" and 1st round QB's that perform well are terrible.

Except no one is really saying either of those things.

All anyone is actually saying is that Matt Ryan is NOT great and the Vernon Gholston does NOT suck.

The overriding issue you are having is that you are arguing against a point no one is making.

All anyone is actually saying is that Matt Ryan is NOT great and the Vernon Gholston does NOT suck.

The overriding issue you are having is that you are arguing against a point no one is making.

That seems to be a very consistent theme on JN the past few days.

you are the clown by starting this thread..maybe we can trade u

to the patsfan.com for a stick of juicy fruit

. Matt Ryan -- 6-foot-5, 228 pounds (Boston College)

Should be a top 5 pick. He has the rare combination of natural ability and the critical intangibles of leadership, work ethic, toughness and football intelligence. He has a big arm and an ideal frame for a quarterback. He also has an ability to get bigger and stronger and possesses deceptive athleticism. He won't win any races, but understands how to move in the pocket to create throwing lanes. He had tremendous accuracy but has an annoying habit of forcing the ball into coverage. This results in a higher number of interceptions. His stock will continue to soar as coaches and general managers interview him at the Senior Bowl and comb

you are the clown by starting this thread..maybe we can trade u

to the patsfan.com for a stick of juicy fruit

. Matt Ryan -- 6-foot-5, 228 pounds (Boston College)

Should be a top 5 pick. He has the rare combination of natural ability and the critical intangibles of leadership, work ethic, toughness and football intelligence. He has a big arm and an ideal frame for a quarterback. He also has an ability to get bigger and stronger and possesses deceptive athleticism. He won't win any races, but understands how to move in the pocket to create throwing lanes. He had tremendous accuracy but has an annoying habit of forcing the ball into coverage. This results in a higher number of interceptions. His stock will continue to soar as coaches and general managers interview him at the Senior Bowl and comb

OK, his draft grade is meaningless now. That doesn't prove that he is a great NFL QB in any way shape or form. It really makes no sense for you to bring it up because it does absolutely nothing to advance your argument.

Here is the original post in this thread:

The guy basically proved he doesn't have the arm to play outside on Sunday. He wasn't terrible. He was just far from good enough to win.

Am I the only one seeing him only beating bad teams while getting owned by good defenses his entire career, just like Chad?

Where in that post do I say he sucks?

Exactly. Assmop is posting Ryan's draft scouting reports to prove he is a great NFL quarterback. :shutit:

I thought he did GREAT in his 1st year as a Pro..what more you want???

He finished the season with 3,440 passing yds, 17 touchdowns (one rushing), and 11 interceptions. He and fellow rookie Joe Flacco were the first rookie quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs after starting all 16 games of the season. He is also one of the two rookie quarterbacks to throw for over 3,000 yards in their rookie season (the other being Peyton Manning). On December 31, Ryan was named the AP NFL Rookie of the Year.[41][42]

I thought he did GREAT in his 1st year as a Pro..what more you want???

He finished the season with 3,440 passing yds, 17 touchdowns (one rushing), and 11 interceptions. He and fellow rookie Joe Flacco were the first rookie quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs after starting all 16 games of the season. He is also one of the two rookie quarterbacks to throw for over 3,000 yards in their rookie season (the other being Peyton Manning). On December 31, Ryan was named the AP NFL Rookie of the Year.[41][42]

Rick Mirer was Rookie of the Year too.

Like I said earlier in the thread. I think we've already seen the best of Ryan. I don't think its going to ever get any better. He is good QB there is nothing wrong with that.

He just ain't great and I don't think he ever will be. Now Flacco, on the other hand....

Ryan was the entire BC team. The kid is a good QB. He was one of the most successful rookie QB's ever.

He played poorly at New England. Like he's the first.

Plus it's only his second year.

If Sanchez goes to NE and goes 20 for 22 200 yds, no TD's and loses, is he the next CP?

+1

So, you give Assmop a +1 because one of the excuses he gives is that "Matty Ice" was playing in the rain? I recall plenty of BC games where "Matty Ice" played in the rain - did he turn into Kurt Warner in a year? Soooo stupid. I mean, Assmops predicts that there will be a Matty Ice - Dirty Sanchez SB someday -definitely take the Jets...well, unless it's being played in a dome. Then forgetaboutit!

The Patriots shut down the Falcons run game and Tony Gonzales. I guess that means that the Falcons game plan sucked. Who knew. ;)

BTW, Klecko, stop backpeddling. You said Matt Ryan was CP - and in your world that means he stinks. Now he is suddenly "good."

So, you give Assmop a +1 because one of the excuses he gives is that "Matty Ice" was playing in the rain? I recall plenty of BC games where "Matty Ice" played in the rain - did he turn into Kurt Warner in a year? Soooo stupid. I mean, Assmops predicts that there will be a Matty Ice - Dirty Sanchez SB someday -definitely take the Jets...well, unless it's being played in a dome. Then forgetaboutit!

You act like Cindy played great in the rain...If Wr just runs route it is

20-20 close game

4 FG's not exactly great in red zone...

Ice and Mex will face off in a SB someday...

You act like Cindy played great in the rain...If Wr just runs route it is

20-20 close game

4 FG's not exactly great in red zone...

Ice and Mex will face off in a SB someday...

Oh please......if Aiken had not stop mid-route and if Galloway didn't have butter hands the Pats would have won by more than 16 points. That argument goes both ways, Assmop. And, excuse me, but show me where I said Brady played well? I said the Pats defense shut down the Falcons run game and Tony Gonzales.

Matty Ice will not sniff a SB until Atlanta smells like a good defense.

Oh please......if Aiken had not stop mid-route and if Galloway didn't have butter hands the Pats would have won by more than 16 points. That argument goes both ways, Assmop. And, excuse me, but show me where I said Brady played well? I said the Pats defense shut down the Falcons run game and Tony Gonzales.

It's 17-16 Falcons if that ticky tack offensive PI isn't called. Very different game.

Matty Ice will not sniff a SB until Atlanta smells like a good defense.

I'm sorry that matty took the BC scholly over NU...WTF was he thinking?

The Patriots shut down the Falcons run game and shut down Gonzales. You accomplish that, you shut down Matt Ryan (plus, he's a BC puke - meaning the guy will always being overrated and will never meet the lofty expectations that being overrated puts on him).

gonzaleZ

It's 17-16 Falcons if that ticky tack offensive PI isn't called. Very different game.

It would have been 40-10 Pats is the ticky tack call on the Pats isn't called too. Jesus, you guys are unreal. The Falcons defense stinks. This is why they will not be a viable threat. They will make the playoffs and then they will fail. There is way too much emphasis on QB play here - I think half of you are ESPN sheep. Do you all think the Jets success is because of Sanchez (that is not a diss on Sanchez, btw - he's 'gonna be good)? It is not. It's because of your defense.....the kind of defense that is in Atlanta's dreams. Now, if Atlanta's defense improves immensely - all bets are off.....but I am betting that it is what is is with minor improvement a strong possibility.

It would have been 40-10 Pats is the ticky tack call on the Pats isn't called too. Jesus, you guys are unreal. The Falcons defense stinks. This is why they will not be a viable threat. They will make the playoffs and then they will fail. There is way too much emphasis on QB play - I think half of you are ESPN sheep. Do you all think teh Jets success is because of Sanchez? It is not. It's because of your defense.....the kind of defense that is in Atlanta's dreams.

where did i say it was a ticky tack call

i said it was the correct call...now it is clear to me;)

It would have been 40-10 Pats is the ticky tack call on the Pats isn't called too. Jesus, you guys are unreal. The Falcons defense stinks. This is why they will not be a viable threat. They will make the playoffs and then they will fail. There is way too much emphasis on QB play - I think half of you are ESPN sheep. Do you all think teh Jets success is because of Sanchez? It is not. It's because of your defense.....the kind of defense that is in Atlanta's dreams.

garb making some sense!!!

Archived