***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought from earlier: I also like how Posada was tagged out while he was standing on a base. That play should have had to been appealed.

Thought from now: Big win. Love the matchup on Saturday for the Yankees.

So the Yanks get screwed out of a big inning in the 7th by umpire incompetence (and if Howard caught it on the fly, why didn't he tag the base and double off Posada instead of throwing to 2nd other than to start a double play?)and it's no big deal. The same buffoon makes a questionable call in th Phils' 8th and it sucha shame.

F___ MCCARVER AND BUCK. Enough with the pom poms.

And had the Yanks lost this game MLB would have some serious 'xplainin' to do. This umpiring crew is a joke. The ump was Brian O'Mura was totaly out of position on the Howard play; he didn't see the catch at all. Joe West isn't qualfied to ump a CYO game and this dope gets a Series assignment?

So the Yanks get screwed out of a big inning in the 7th by umpire incompetence (and if Howard caught it on the fly, why didn't he tag the base and double off Posada instead of throwing to 2nd other than to start a double play?)and it's no big deal. The same buffoon makes a questionable call in th Phils' 8th and it sucha shame.

F___ MCCARVER AND BUCK. Enough with the pom poms.

And had the Yanks lost this game MLB would have some serious 'xplainin' to do. This umpiring crew is a joke. The ump was Brian O'Mura was totaly out of position on the Howard play; he didn't see the catch at all. Joe West isn't qualfied to ump a CYO game and this dope gets a Series assignment?

I am so glad the Yankees won. I don't even want to think what it would feel like to lose with a call like that in the way.

I am so glad the Yankees won. I don't even want to think what it would feel like to lose with a call like that in the way.
Don't think MLB appreciates that they're playing with fire to have so many calls get wrongly made. It would have beena riot tonight. And they have to have some kind of replay. To turn a big inning into an inning-ending double play on an awfulc all is unacceptable. Enough of this "human element" nonsense. The technology is available; use it.

There's a reason cbs sports isn't a go to site for me or many others. They let jokes like this write for them. Pedro pitched very respectably. AJ Burnett was better. Just like the night before where the roles were reversed. Is Pedro the dominant pitcher he once was? No, of course not. He did pitch very intelligently and go no offensive support (how many first pitch fastballs are you going to let AJ Burnett throw. 85% 1st pitch strikes and you're waiting? Really Phillies that was the gameplan?)

Some of Martinez's pitches were so ugly they came with the Flavor Flav seal of approval. But they still bedazzled until the Yankees decoded Martinez and spanked him for two home runs.

Some of Pedro's pitches were ugly. Some of them still had that old Pedro bite. His fastball intimidates no one but if he locates it, it could still be effective. He hasn't lost much on the change or the curve thought. And yes the Yankees hit two HRs off of him. Tex did "spank" (nice diction bud) one but Matsui golfed a flyout in most other stadiums.

Manuel should have lifted Pedro after 6. He was at 99 pitches. Plain and simple.

Still will be interesting to see how it all plays out considering home field advantage is now in Philly's favor.

Don't think MLB appreciates that they're playing with fire to have so many calls get wrongly made. It would have beena riot tonight. And they have to have some kind of replay. To turn a big inning into an inning-ending double play on an awfulc all is unacceptable. Enough of this "human element" nonsense. The technology is available; use it.

it was a line shot cannot blame ump there, i couldn;t tell after watching it in slo-mo

can't expect ump too

utley was safe on DP too

it was a line shot cannot blame ump there, i couldn;t tell after watching it in slo-mo

can't expect ump too

utley was safe on DP too

Knucklehead,

The Ump wasn't even in position to make the call, which has been the problem this whole post season. You must have terrible eyes if you couldn't tell that ball hit the ground first. Oh and why in the world would Howard throw to second base when he could have just stepped on first?

Knucklehead,

The Ump wasn't even in position to make the call, which has been the problem this whole post season. You must have terrible eyes if you couldn't tell that ball hit the ground first. Oh and why in the world would Howard throw to second base when he could have just stepped on first?

Exactly right. That should be the HP umps call.

Knucklehead,

Howard's own actions showed he didn't think he caught it on the fly. And out-of-positon Gorman still didn't pick up on the fact that he hadn't caugh it.

Enough "human elemnet' crap. Replay now!

Howard's own actions showed he didn't think he caught it on the fly. And out-of-positon Gorman still didn't pick up on the fact that he hadn't caugh it.

Enough "human elemnet' crap. Replay now!

I still don't want it even after all this. It's never been this bad. We've made it how mnay years with 'all this technology'. It's simple the Umps aren't doing there jobs. They're not even in position to there jobs.

It's all about the angle they have on the play, and almost every blown call this post season came down to just that. Umps are standing flat footed, like they're just happy to be there.

Get the young guys in there, I bet they do a better job. They keep talking about how all these umps have all this experience, and maybe thats the problem. Maybe they're not taking it serious enough.

Theres been blown calls in big spots before, but not this many, not this often.

Tonight's lineups. Girardi announced that CC will start tomorrow night. Swisher back in the lineup. Damon in left.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jorge Posada C

Robinson Cano 2B

Nick Swisher RF

Melky Cabrera CF

Andy Pettitte P

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.37 postseason ERA)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS

Shane Victorino CF

Chase Utley 2B

Ryan Howard 1B

Jayson Werth RF

Raul Ibanez LF

Pedro Feliz 3B

Carlos Ruiz C

Cole Hamels P

Pitching: LHP Cole Hamels (1-1, 6.75 postseason ERA)

Tonight's lineups. Girardi announced that CC will start tomorrow night. Swisher back in the lineup. Damon in left.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jorge Posada C

Robinson Cano 2B

Nick Swisher RF

Melky Cabrera CF

Andy Pettitte P

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.37 postseason ERA)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS

Shane Victorino CF

Chase Utley 2B

Ryan Howard 1B

Jayson Werth RF

Raul Ibanez LF

Pedro Feliz 3B

Carlos Ruiz C

Cole Hamels P

Pitching: LHP Cole Hamels (1-1, 6.75 postseason ERA)

I thought Hideki was going to get the start in LF. I hope Damon gets on track.

I still don't want it even after all this. It's never been this bad. We've made it how mnay years with 'all this technology'. It's simple the Umps aren't doing there jobs. They're not even in position to there jobs.

It's all about the angle they have on the play, and almost every blown call this post season came down to just that. Umps are standing flat footed, like they're just happy to be there.

Get the young guys in there, I bet they do a better job. They keep talking about how all these umps have all this experience, and maybe thats the problem. Maybe they're not taking it serious enough.

Theres been blown calls in big spots before, but not this many, not this often.

I really don't think that the ump'ing is this bad. We just have conclusive proof of their errors now. High def - super slow mo --- it makes them look bad. Yes there were some terrible calls (the foul ball Mauer in the Minn series). But for the most part I don't think young guys are the answer. This isn't football the umps don't have to move much so youth isn't a help over experience.

The high def view we are all getting, that is their enemy at this point.

Archived