I'm done with the Jets. Help me pick my new team to root for.

Arsis

there's another team I didn't mind watching during the Montana era...again, fun football to watch. The Green Bay Packers were the first team I ever liked. The first NFL game I ever watched was The Ice Bowl when Bart Starr snuck it in over Jerry Kramer to beat Dallas in the NFL Championship Game. It was a year before the merger.

I was born in the 80's :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was born in the 80's :lol:

yea I know you're a youngster, I'm just citing some examples of the different teams over the years that have made watching football enjoyable-even though it wasn't the Jets. Hey watching the Bears destroy the Pats in the SB was also fun...

yea I know you're a youngster, I'm just citing some examples of the different teams over the years that have made watching football enjoyable-even though it wasn't the Jets. Hey watching the Bears destroy the Pats in the SB was also fun...

Montana-Rice connection would have been enjoyable to watch.

If I were going to root for another AFC team it would definitely be the Texans.

Yea dude. They are pretty damn entertaining. You gotta love Andre Johnson, they man is part robot.

I like the Browns...always have...i think it's their old ass looking uniforms but ever since they hired Mangini, it just takes away from my minor love affair.

You can be like me, and just be a fan of the NFL and good football. I watch a lot of teams and a lot of players, I like to kind of scout the players, teams and coaches so I always have different things I like to check out on a team and see players develop over the years. It helps a lot for fantasy football since I usually have a huge list of sleepers. Sometimes they work out, but other times I wind up giving up on the players right before they blow up. Either way though, my lists are pretty deep so I generally at least do okay. My lists are mental lists btw, I don't actually write things out until maybe a cheat sheet before a draft.

But even outside of fantasy football, which I actually don't even care that much for, it's just great to do if you like football. This is also something that NY really has a disadvantage in, in other cities you generally get more games from different teams and top matchups because there is usually really only one home team that is shown, in NY, you're kinda stuck with Jets and Giants virtually every time, with maybe an extra game if you're lucky. So, ironically, NY fans generally tend to be the least educated and have the least exposure to the rest of the NFL unless they've gone out of their way to make an effort to see more teams play.

Right now I like watching the Saints and Bears. I also actually watch the Vikings a whole bunch, and the Bengals. I won't go out of my way to watch the Colts or Packers, but they aren't bad teams to follow either. The most surprising team though is probably the Lions, they actually aren't as bad as people think. Stafford has looked very good at times, they've got some nice pieces. I don't like watching the Rams, but even the Rams have Steven Jackson. I usually will try to stream because I prefer to watch the games from at home and switch between a lot of different things, I usually have gametracker up and I check up on stats for games I am not watching, and sometimes games I am watching. I don't know if I'll keep streaming though, it's kind of annoying to have to.

You can also go to a Dave and Busters, I don't know about all of them but the one in Source Mall on Long Island has a whole bunch of big screen TVs with games on at once, and if you sit near the middle you can easily look at several different games. The food is decent and it's not too crowded so they don't mind you just sitting around watching games...but I don't go there often.

I mean I notice you picked the Colts, but it's good to watch a bunch of different teams imo. It lets you also be realistic about whatever team you choose to follow. The Colts are just such a well run franchise though, with excellent coaches and player acquisitions...I'm not sure if you would ever be justified in complaining.

Should have googled the spelling of "carcass" Lmao. Loser.

Touche, Colts fan. It is strange that a fanatic JI poster so eager to call out posters of a true Jets fan is one of the first rats to jump ship. Enjoy Indy, Pitt, NE, Miami, whoever you choose.

You lose.

Touche, Colts fan. It is strange that a fanatic JI poster so eager to call out posters of a true Jets fan is one of the first rats to jump ship. Enjoy Indy, Pitt, NE, Miami, whoever you choose.

You lose.

Should have googled JI as well. You would have seen that I have not one post on that site.

You lose.

Calm down bro, whats with all the hostility? He is just expressing his displeasur for the way this team has performed. He has every right to do that as long as he follows the rules set by the creativity-stifling admins of this site.

Calm down bro, whats with all the hostility? He is just expressing his displeasur for the way this team has performed. He has every right to do that as long as he follows the rules set by the creativity-stifling admins of this site.

True. Just like I had every right to express my point before this yahoo jumped me in an earlier post in a different thread. What goes around. I'm not out of line. I'm just playing by his rules.

And he's dropped the Jets. So that's cool.

True. Just like I had every right to express my point before this yahoo jumped me in an earlier post in a different thread. What goes around. I'm not out of line. I'm just playing by his rules.

And he's dropped the Jets. So that's cool.

Yeah in a "religious" thread about a cult that kills people. Which you said was harmless. Which is a good reason those types of threads are not allowed here. Some people take it seriously. Not my fault you were trying to defend a dangerous cult.

Now you see the JI quote was, obviously, a fruitless attempt to suggest where you may be better off. I've only ever known you here. Unfortunately. Clearly that one fell flat. My b.

listen man I'm just trying to calm every one down, nothing personal against you, but lets all just smoke some bud and chillax. Nobody wants an incident around here. Last time an incident happened and we lost a very good poster in Borgo... just sayin...

listen man I'm just trying to calm every one down, nothing personal against you, but lets all just smoke some bud and chillax. Nobody wants an incident around here. Last time an incident happened and we lost a very good poster in Borgo... just sayin...

Now that you mention it. I can see that Haggis is conspiring with Max to stifle my creativity.

Yeah in a "religious" thread about a cult that kills people. Which you said was harmless. Which is a good reason those types of threads are not allowed here. Some people take it seriously. Not my fault you were trying to defend a dangerous cult.

PLEASE post my post here. Please. I will not comment until you do. And when you do, illustrate where I support ANY religion, not just Scientology.

PLEASE post my post here. Please. I will not comment until you do. And when you do, illustrate where I support ANY religion, not just Scientology.

why would I break the rules. Do I look like you? I think not, I have not received any serious trauma to the face recently. In your defense you're saying that your post not only defended Scientology but insulted Christianity. Like that makes it any better. This is a thread about me jumping ship to the colts so unless you want to talk about the living legend Peyton Manning. Be gone with you.

Hey, he lashed at me when I posted a pretty open and legit post that was constructive to the thread. So when I see the same yahoo say he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore, I'm merely saying cheerio. (Oh, and don't come back.) We don't need the instantaneous negativity.

Hey, he lashed at me when I posted a pretty open and legit post that was constructive to the thread. So when I see the same yahoo say he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore, I'm merely saying cheerio. (Oh, and don't come back.) We don't need the instantaneous negativity.

You do know he is just ****ing with all of you and your just fueling his entertainment.

Translation: He is bored! :rl:

Archived