Anyone else have a nice 7 hour delay at the airport today?

F Indianapolis and F the weather that was obviously bad here in NJ/NY today.

We were supposed to fly out at 3:45, land at 5:55 and INSTEAD, got to the airport at 1:30 and proceeded to hang at the airport until 8:35 and then landed at 10:05. Longest day ever after a ****ty ending to yesterdays game.

We were supposed to fly out at 3:45, land at 5:55 and INSTEAD, got to the airport at 1:30 and proceeded to hang at the airport until 8:35 and then landed at 10:05. Longest day ever after a ****ty ending to yesterdays game.

Killer bar tab I'll bet 124 -

That is less than a 5 hour delay. Not a big deal. Hell, you barely landed 4 hours after you were supposed to.

That is less than a 5 hour delay. Not a big deal. Hell, you barely landed 4 hours after you were supposed to.

I think the timing was wrong, because theres no way it wouldve taken to 5:55to land, probably would've landed at 5. So yeah, a 5 hour delay. Still, that SUCKS and I've never had to experience that ever. What a boring, crappy day.

Your complaining about 7 hours???

I got to the airport at 1 early for my 6 pm flight trying to move up. By 330 it was cancelled and as I type this I'm still waiting for a flight back home. (Its almost 6am btw).

Slept in the terminal and thoroughly enjoyed the past 18 hours in the airport.

That sucks dude, I'm guessing you flew Continental?

I think the timing was wrong, because theres no way it wouldve taken to 5:55to land, probably would've landed at 5. So yeah, a 5 hour delay. Still, that SUCKS and I've never had to experience that ever. What a boring, crappy day.

Most people will not sympathize because they experience delays like that all the time. I have been stranded at airports several times and had to say at crappy hotel airports until the next day. :)

4 or 5 hours suck... but you got off easy. :)

Most people will not sympathize because they experience delays like that all the time. I have been stranded at airports several times and had to say at crappy hotel airports until the next day. :)

4 or 5 hours suck... but you got off easy. :)

Did you know that Indianapolis airport doesn't have any flights after 8pm? What a **** hole state.

should have rented a car and do a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles type road trip.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7v0eth4XAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7v0eth4XAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did you know that Indianapolis airport doesn't have any flights after 8pm? What a **** hole state.

You must have flown Delta -- Lesson to be learned -- always check the weather b4 flying and alway take an early flight -- less Air traffic control delays in the morning.

also do not blame the airline (regardless of who you are flying on) blame the out dated crappy air traffic control system - same day service be glad you got home. :rolleyes:

Your complaining about 7 hours???

I got to the airport at 1 early for my 6 pm flight trying to move up. By 330 it was cancelled and as I type this I'm still waiting for a flight back home. (Its almost 6am btw).

Slept in the terminal and thoroughly enjoyed the past 18 hours in the airport.

I had plenty of room in my car and got back just fine.

People laughed at me for driving. They laughed at me. :-P

I was stuck in Wisconson almost 12 hours after leaveing Indy at 6am to wisconson from there to Laquardia , Woody owes me and "every" JETFAN- anywhere they were trying to get home from Indy ,because of the weather 1 Free upgrade on next years PSL`s .It was bad enough we lost, but then to not be able to get out was to much.

I was stuck in Wisconson almost 12 hours after leaveing Indy at 6am to wisconson from there to Laquardia , Woody owes me and "every" JETFAN- anywhere they were trying to get home from Indy ,because of the weather 1 Free upgrade on next years PSL`s .It was bad enough we lost, but then to not be able to get out was to much.

Joisey you are the most loyal dedicated fan I know-sorry that you get all screwed on your connections to see and com back for our Jets

Joisey you are the most loyal dedicated fan I know-sorry that you get all screwed on your connections to see and com back for our Jets

Thanks Frank , I don`t know what I was thinking at the time ,when I left that rally at floram Park Sat. morning ,& pretty much left Newark at 1pm for Laquardia to see if I could get to Indy for the game....

Archived