Pennington says he would back up Sanchez..

Steveg

I still do not get why you make this a Chad vs Sanchez comparison (Sanchez will be better, I get it).

I was commenting on your play notations, which is exactly what the Jets had Sanchez do.

Because at least from my seat, I saw Sanchez make throws I KNOW Chad wouldn't dare toss, and make plays Chad could never make. My comment was basically alluding to the fact that Chad would neuter Sanchez into ONLY throwing those throws.

But hey, You're Scott D, so you're always right.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because at least from my seat, I saw Sanchez make throws I KNOW Chad wouldn't dare toss, and make plays Chad could never make. My comment was basically alluding to the fact that Chad would neuter Sanchez into ONLY throwing those throws.

But hey, You're Scott D, so you're always right.

WTF is up with you.

I say this is not a Chad vs. Sanchez debate, and that is all you continue with.

I get it-You are temperamental and hurt.

Carry on, softie.

WTF is up with you.

I say this is not a Chad vs. Sanchez debate, and that is all you continue with.

I get it-You are temperamental and hurt.

Carry on, softie.

Soooo what are you trying to get at then. All I see is you criticizing a statement I made because you feel Sanchez played strictly Chad ball at the end of the season. I admitted that it was conservative but Sanchez still made plays Chad never would. I'm just confused.

Soooo what are you trying to get at then. All I see is you criticizing a statement I made because you feel Sanchez played strictly Chad ball at the end of the season. I admitted that it was conservative but Sanchez still made plays Chad never would. I'm just confused.

Again, I thought it ironic that your assumed instructions that Chad would give were basically the same that the Jets handcuffed Sanchez with the last half of the season.

Nothing more, just a casual observation. No comparison to talents or what they have achieved.

That said, I expect the handcuffs to be slackened next season. And I don't support the re-acquisition of Chad. The kid doesn't need that.

Nothing to get testy about.

I owuld take Chad as backup in a heartbeat.

He know sSchotts playbook and the way team is setup he could manager the game smartly and conservatily whilke the D and run game take oiver for a game or two while sanchez hurt.

Only downside is that if we get far behind in game he might not have arm to get us back in game..But with our D that isn ta huge issue.

Just to be clear on my stance, I was really never a Pennington fan...as a starter. I don't see how it hurts bringing him in as a back-up. I think he would be a huge help to Sanchez off the field and in the study room. I would feel more confident having a veteran like Pennington around if Sanchez was to get hurt. Bottom line btw, if Sanchez is hurt long term we're screwed anyway.

I just don't see the negative in this.

Pennington would ruin sanchez if the kid listened to anything he said. The man is evil, it's all an act. The gimp is keyser soze. Ed Norton the stutterer is the fake personality Capice?

Come on man. Are you guys serious? So b/c of his own physical limitations you think he would mentor Sanchez or a younger QB in the same fashion? I will bet and guarantee that someday the guy is going to be an excellent coach somewhere in the league or College. I don't see how you can question his leadership skills as well.

Can we have just a little bit of objectivity here?

That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about my LIFE, I can't seem to get that through to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody. I'm talking about form. I'm talking about content. I'm talking about interrelationships. I'm talking about God, the devil, Hell, Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY?

Again, I thought it ironic that your assumed instructions that Chad would give were basically the same that the Jets handcuffed Sanchez with the last half of the season.

Nothing more, just a casual observation. No comparison to talents or what they have achieved.

That said, I expect the handcuffs to be slackened next season. And I don't support the re-acquisition of Chad. The kid doesn't need that.

Nothing to get testy about.

Noted. I thought you were essentially saying Sanchez was already CPFv2.0.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team has finally been de-pussified. Keep him the eff away!

Lol.. It'd be funny if Chad came aboard and the ***** slowly started creeping back in, Sanchez goes from the highest YPC to the lowest, defense stops blitzing, Tanny stops making aggressive moves, woody gives in a accepts Giants stadium as the new name, Rex's breasts swell..

Lol.. It'd be funny if Chad came aboard and the ***** slowly started creeping back in, Sanchez goes from the highest YPC to the lowest, defense stops blitzing, Tanny stops making aggressive moves, woody gives in a accepts Giants stadium as the new name, Rex's breasts swell..

Yeah, that would be real funny.

Why such hatred. I would LOVE Pennington as the back-up. Couldn't think of a better #2 available. Pennington>David Carr.

Agreed.

He has his flaws that we've all harped on, specifically the arm strength.

But he's a smart guy who's familiar with the Jets and many of the players.

More importanly, he knows the offensive system.

As a backup to Sanchez, it's an ideal situation.

The latter probably happens regardless :)

For such a giant vagina he surely is an aggressive little prick. Outside of the fact that I want his influence nowhere near Sanchez, you know just as well as I do that he would make a move for the starting job the second he saw the opening. A bad game, a slight injury, hell even a delay in his rehab process would all Chad would need to make an all-out push for the starting job. The way he acted when he lost his job to Clemens was just flat-out embarrassing, I'm not sure what makes anyone think he would treat Sanchez any better.

That's why you must never forget your ABCs... Anyone But Chad!!!

For such a giant vagina he surely is an aggressive little prick. Outside of the fact that I want his influence nowhere near Sanchez, you know just as well as I do that he would make a move for the starting job the second he saw the opening. A bad game, a slight injury, hell even a delay in his rehab process would all Chad would need to make an all-out push for the starting job. The way he acted when he lost his job to Clemens was just flat-out embarrassing, I'm not sure what makes anyone think he would treat Sanchez any better.

That's why you must never forget your ABCs... Anyone But Chad!!!

Chad =

dynasty-dynasty-tv-series-0141.jpg

I need to ask those people who've once again started up the train of "Chad would make a great coach". I have one question for you... why? And try to be specific, I'm not talking about "Chad is such a smart QB." What is the basis for this? In what way is he smarter than any other starting QB in the league? Is that because of his high completion percentage and sometimes low INT #s? If so, I think that has much more to do with his style of play than any perceived smarts. Do you really think the rest of the NFL QBs are too stupid to see the genius in a 3 yard dump-off on 3rd and 8?

He's certainly not an idiot, but I'm not exactly sure what makes him so much more brilliant than any other player that has to take on the heavy load of being a starting NFL QB. Or is it that his physical capabilities are so limited that he's given extra credit for having the requisite smarts needed to play the position in order to create some sort of balance?

Though I am old enough to, I don't get this reference. I guess that's because I watched The A-Team and Knight Rider (which are both awful in hindsight) instead of the night-time soaps that I think this from.

SMC thinks Joe Namath is hot in a daniel craig sort of way, I reckon he's no stranger to the nighttime soaps..

I need to ask those people who've once again started up the train of "Chad would make a great coach". I have one question for you... why? And try to be specific, I'm not talking about "Chad is such a smart QB." What is the basis for this? In what way is he smarter than any other starting QB in the league? Is that because of his high completion percentage and sometimes low INT #s? If so, I think that has much more to do with his style of play than any perceived smarts. Do you really think the rest of the NFL QBs are too stupid to see the genius in a 3 yard dump-off on 3rd and 8?

He's certainly not an idiot, but I'm not exactly sure what makes him so much more brilliant than any other player that has to take on the heavy load of being a starting NFL QB. Or is it that his physical capabilities are so limited that he's given extra credit for having the requisite smarts needed to play the position in order to create some sort of balance?

I don't get it either.

Plus, because of Sanchez' rookie mistakes the Jets had to reel him in and simplify the offense.

The Dolphins had to use a whole new style of offense (the Wild Cat) because they had 10 yr vet Chad as the starter.

LOL

The Wildcat WORKED for the Dolphin.

I would expect they would run some plays from it, if Mark Bulger was their qb.

Of course they would. Because Marc Bulger sucks in the same generalized way that Chad Pennington does.

I don't know exactly what your point is here. It's self-evident to everyone else that the teams who run some version of the Wildcat are exclusively teams with crappy QBs.

The Wildcat WORKED for the Dolphin.

I would expect they would run some plays from it, if Mark Bulger was their qb.

Yes, it worked.

But the Fins started with it because of Chad. They wouldn't have run it in the first instance if they had Bulger in 2008. Get real.

Do I know, first hand, that Chad Pennington is a smart guy or that he would make a great coach? Of course, not. I don't know the man personally.

And since none of us on this board have any first hand knowledge when it comes to coaching NFL Football or the players that play it, like anything else in discussions about football, we rely on the people who live and breathe it every day, specifically coaches, former coaches, players and former players, scouts, general managers, analysts, and media guys.

I've heard a very large number of those folks, including Bill Parcells, say that Pennington is a smart guy who might one day, make a good coach, if he decided that's what he wanted to do.

That's a good enough source for me, so I'll go with that.

Great memory. LOL!

FYI, Dynasty was the sh-t!!!

Dude.. one of the funniest thigns i've ever heard a guy say, whether kidding or serious..I try and use it enough that maybe it'll catch on, i told my wife once that it "hot in a daniel craig kind of way" outside

Dude.. one of the funniest thigns i've ever heard a guy say, whether kidding or serious..I try and use it enough that maybe it'll catch on, i told my wife once that it "hot in a daniel craig kind of way" outside

LOL

I got that from a chick on another message board. She was describing the difference among a pretty boy, a handsome guy, and a guy who would be considered "ruggedly handsome."

One chick said a certain actor/musician (I can't remember) was ugly and the other said, "Nah, he's hot in a Daniel Craig kinda way."

I didn't think it was funny until after I wrote it. LOL

Archived