Dez Bryant forgets to bring his cleats to his Pro Day

dolphann4life

He's got Terrell Owens type of talent so I hope we take this "idiot" at pick 12 so he can torch Revis for years.

Ha. I see in your time off you took up comedy. You still suck at it. Go disappear for another 2 monts and try again.

Bryant's a good WR, but he isn't burning or "torching" Revis. Maybe once in a blue moon, but not consistently. Nobody is. Nobody has.

It is 100% drop dead pure comedic gold to see people calling him an "idiot." Haha, seriously, it's pathetic. How does that make him an idiot? Every time you forget your phone or your keys or your butt plug or what the **** ever it is you guys carry around with you, I hope someone is there to remind you how stupid you are.

QFT

1. He's only 23

2. It takes a long time to transition to 3-4 OLB

3. It's not all about sacks

4. He's got two good players ahead of him

5. He's not hurting the team

6. He's an elite athlete

Excellent parallel. :headbang:

wouldnt it be great if a quarterback could throw a bunch of interceptions... show up to the press conference and say "i made a mistake. you act like you have never..."

the NFL does not like excuses

But they love good football players...especially offensive skill position guys...

just saw the review on him from nfl network. they didn't have nice things to say about him. said he came in out of shape and didn't interview all that well. they reported that he told coaches he didn't like to run slant patterns. they also said him dropping would probably help because he wouldn't have so much pressure on him and that he needed a strong coach to keep him focused and motivated.

my question is why the heck to you need a coach to keep you motivated and focused??? isn't getting paid millions of dollars to play a game motivating and focusing enough????

It's going to be interesting to see how far he drops. The team that takes him will be taking on a lot of headaches while hoping he matures. That might not happen for a couple years. WR's often take three years to "get it," anyway.

I'm not rooting for the Jets to take him or not, but I figure that if they do, it won't be without a significant amount of research. They've got a solid scouting team, and an ex-FBI guy running their security. If they pull the trigger on him, it'll be because they believe Rex and the team can keep him in line and maximize his talent.

But I don't see that. He could possibly drop into the 20's, but I don't see him dropping all the way to #29. Too much talent.

wouldnt it be great if a quarterback could throw a bunch of interceptions... show up to the press conference and say "i made a mistake. you act like you have never..."

the NFL does not like excuses

You act like it actually matters, though. It's not like it was an actual game. It would be one thing if it is a game, but who gives a crap about the Pro Day?

just saw the review on him from nfl network. they didn't have nice things to say about him. said he came in out of shape and didn't interview all that well. they reported that he told coaches he didn't like to run slant patterns. they also said him dropping would probably help because he wouldn't have so much pressure on him and that he needed a strong coach to keep him focused and motivated.

my question is why the heck to you need a coach to keep you motivated and focused??? isn't getting paid millions of dollars to play a game motivating and focusing enough????

Bryant was out of shape for this Pro Day too?

That looks out of shape?

Also, I don't think he needs a coach to be motivated and focused at all. He didn't need one to throw on 15 pounds of NFL muscle to get himself to 225, why would he suddenly need one to play football?

I love the Bryant stuff this offseason...this is a reeeeeeeeally slow news time for the NFL so every minor thing has to become major.

That looks out of shape?

Also, I don't think he needs a coach to be motivated and focused at all. He didn't need one to throw on 15 pounds of NFL muscle to get himself to 225, why would he suddenly need one to play football?

I love the Bryant stuff this offseason...this is a reeeeeeeeally slow news time for the NFL so every minor thing has to become major.

LOL Dez Bryant's mom looks like a 15 yr old thug highschool kid....shining with the grill on and everything.

1. He's only 23

6. He's an elite athlete

the NFL doesn't like excuses in either case. And you've never heard those excuses from VG's mouth... that's just my observations.

That looks out of shape?

They said he was out of shape because he couldn't finish the cone or shuttle drills. It's nice to look nice, but it's better to run nice.

This article seems to dispute the bull**** about forgetting his shoes. Sounds more like he has a deal with Under Armor and doesn't like their product. Bad news about that is that maybe he's not very fast.

Bryant also struggled with the shuttle drill, which is all about change of direction.

Five times, he did it. Five times, he slipped. At one point, Singletary walked over to one of Bryant's advisors and suggested a change in shoes.

Bryant had plenty of options because he brought eight pairs of shoes to the workout so he could wear specific shoes for the vertical jump, broad jump, 40-yard dash and receiver drills.

Later, after a brief discussion with an Under Armour representative, Bryant changed into a pair of Nikes and completed the drill without incident.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/033110dnspotaylor.3910591.html

1. He's only 23

6. He's an elite athlete

LOL.

Was thinking the same thing; bitonti sure likes to contradict himself.

1. He's only 23

6. He's an elite athlete

Considering how well those excuses have been received, I'd say you just made his point.

Considering how well those excuses have been received, I'd say you just made his point.

lol... also there's a difference between a fan on a message board saying excuses and the player calling a press conference and putting out excuses for himself.

lol... also there's a difference between a fan on a message board saying excuses and the player calling a press conference and putting out excuses for himself.

Yeah, but on the other hand, it's hard to make excuses for yourself when you never speak, especially when you've always got a dick in your mouth.

Archived