AFC East Receiving Corps Ranks

Jetsfan80

Even ignoring Welker altogether I have no idea how Marshall/nobody is supposed to be better than Moss/nobody.

Talent/AGE say Marshall......but this could be the deciding factor: the person who is throwing them the ball. Brady wins that contest hands down.

Even ignoring Welker altogether I have no idea how Marshall/nobody is supposed to be better than Moss/nobody.

I think Bess > Edelman. And Moss MAY be running out of gas, while Marshall is already a top WR just entering his prime.

Still, I don't think either the Pats or Phins are done at collecting WR's though. The Pats will probably snag 2 receivers and maybe a TE in the draft, considering how many picks they have.

Please limit your responses to words that have ascertainable meanings.

Just going by what I have seen and what I have heard from Corners around the league. Moss will arguably be in the GOAT conversation - but age has caught up with him a bit. Happens to all of us.

Just going by what I have seen and what I have heard from Corners around the league.

You're missing the point. I still don't have any idea what you're trying to say. The word talent tends to lose all its meaning when you say that somebody has more of it than the most physically dominant receiver ever. Lay off the humble pie. It seems to have turned.

Marshall is waaay better then Moss at this time. And u do have to factor in the guy that throws the ball to them. As much as I hate Brady he is better then henne still at this point.

Unlike some Jet fans here, I am worried about all the picks the pats have. they do a decent job in the draft. I don't think they can beat us on paper, but we need to actually play the games.

Unlike some Jet fans here, I am worried about all the picks the pats have. they do a decent job in the draft.

No, they don't. A simple google search will reveal as much. If you want to break it down, they do a decent job of drafting linemen on both sides of the ball, but are basically awful at drafting any other position. And they totally lucked out on Brady; no way they ever planned that he'd be in the GOAT category after drafting 5 scrubs ahead of him.

Granted, with so many picks, they SHOULD hit on at least a few, but when it comes to the Patriots' drafting strategy (or lack thereof) its really like throwing darts at a board with a blindfold on and hoping they stick somewhere. They've done a mediocre job AT BEST with all the picks they've had over the years.

You're missing the point. I still don't have any idea what you're trying to say. The word talent tends to lose all its meaning when you say that somebody has more of it than the most physically dominant receiver ever. Lay off the humble pie. It seems to have turned.

I get your point, smarty-pants.

Okay, "potential" then? Marshall has the physical potential to be better than Moss in 2010 because of age.....

No, they don't. A simple google search will reveal as much. If you want to break it down, they do a decent job of drafting linemen on both sides of the ball, but are basically awful at drafting any other position. And they totally lucked out on Brady; no way they ever planned that he'd be in the GOAT category after drafting 5 scrubs ahead of him.

Granted, with so many picks, they SHOULD hit on at least a few, but when it comes to the Patriots' drafting strategy (or lack thereof) its really like throwing darts at a board with a blindfold on and hoping they stick somewhere. They've done a mediocre job AT BEST with all the picks they've had over the years.

....It's not great....but it's not as bad as you think either. However, and I am no expert, but the real "experts" say this is a really, really, really deep draft. I imagine the Pats can't eff up a really, really, really deep draft...you know?

#1-Patriots

#2-Jets

#3-Dolphins

#4-Bills

Those top 3 are very close to each other IMO. Bills obviously a distant 4th.

I kinda feel bad for Lee Evans. Class act guy with so much talent and yet he can't get any help from the Bills, even with TO, their offense was garbage. If he was anywhere else he'd probably be twice the player he is there.

I kinda feel bad for Lee Evans. Class act guy with so much talent and yet he can't get any help from the Bills, even with TO, their offense was garbage. If he was anywhere else he'd probably be twice the player he is there.

It's really kind of shocking how Lee Evans has dissapeared. The Bills are are definitly part to blame.

With him playing. Has he been officially ruled out??? I also have alot of respect for Randy Moss, he absolutley torches the fins.

The injury was pretty severe and its widely assumed he's going to miss half of the season. Even if he does come back, he's not going to be the same player right away in terms of his shiftiness.

The injury was pretty severe and its widely assumed he's going to miss half of the season. Even if he does come back, he's not going to be the same player right away in terms of his shiftiness.

Also something could be said in terms of who's throwing the football. Tom Brady is still an elite QB in this league.

Jets may have the most talented WRs as a group, but both Brady and Henne are better Qbs than Sanchez at this time.

How do you say that?

Sanchez got better as the season went on. In the postseason, he put up very un-rookie-like numbers.

41/68 539 yards 7.9 yards/att 2 int 4 tds for a 92.7 rating.

Henne? I believe they're zeroes across the board.

Jury's still out on both of these guys, but I feel very good about Sanchez being the better QB.

Im going to take a different approach and evaluate the entire passing offense, and why we will have the best passing offense in the AFC East.

REASONS:

O-Line, we have arguably the best o line in the league, with time mark can be great, and hit any receiver.

Receivers, we have arguably 3 #1 receivers. Braylon, Santonio and Cotch. Are you kidding? not to mention brad smith is so athletic and could run a reverse pass to throw off any D. Also, I always thought we would move Danny Woodhead to the slot. Hes the same height as wes welker, and a little heavier. Not to mention all time NCAA rusher, I'm sure he'd be dangerous if we give him the ball, in stride, in the open field.

TE, Dustin Keller will burn any LB. A full offseason with rex, and I guarantee hes looking like Anthony Gates.

Mark, he gained a lot of confidence with the way the season ended. He also showed a lot of poise in the playoffs. Like I said previously, a full offseason with rex's maturation process and he'll be fine.

RBs, Leon and LT are great at receiving out of the backfield, and when Shonn Greenes in, everyone will be thinking run, and he can block his ass off in the backfield too.

Like I say at the end of every post, we are going to the superbowl

Im going to take a different approach and evaluate the entire passing offense, and why we will have the best passing offense in the AFC East.

REASONS:

O-Line, we have arguably the best o line in the league, with time mark can be great, and hit any receiver.

Receivers, we have arguably 3 #1 receivers. Braylon, Santonio and Cotch. Are you kidding? not to mention brad smith is so athletic and could run a reverse pass to throw off any D. Also, I always thought we would move Danny Woodhead to the slot. Hes the same height as wes welker, and a little heavier. Not to mention all time NCAA rusher, I'm sure he'd be dangerous if we give him the ball, in stride, in the open field.

TE, Dustin Keller will burn any LB. A full offseason with rex, and I guarantee hes looking like Anthony Gates.

Mark, he gained a lot of confidence with the way the season ended. He also showed a lot of poise in the playoffs. Like I said previously, a full offseason with rex's maturation process and he'll be fine.

RBs, Leon and LT are great at receiving out of the backfield, and when Shonn Greenes in, everyone will be thinking run, and he can block his ass off in the backfield too.

Like I say at the end of every post, we are going to the superbowl

this is actually a great point. keller is pretty much a receiver out there for us.

edwards/holmes/cotchery/keller>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the afc east by far.

just think that last year cotchery was our number 1 and now he's pretty much our number 3. our receiving corps is so deep its stupid.

this is actually a great point. keller is pretty much a receiver out there for us.

edwards/holmes/cotchery/keller>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the afc east by far.

just think that last year cotchery was our number 1 and now he's pretty much our number 3. our receiving corps is so deep its stupid.

Great minds think a like my friend.

It's really kind of shocking how Lee Evans has dissapeared. The Bills are are definitly part to blame.

The Bills only throw checkdowns. Any WR would disappear in that system.

Maybe this season they will bring Trent Edwards back, and have him throw 10 yard passes, instead of 3 yard passes.

How do you say that?

Sanchez got better as the season went on. In the postseason, he put up very un-rookie-like numbers.

41/68 539 yards 7.9 yards/att 2 int 4 tds for a 92.7 rating.

Henne? I believe they're zeroes across the board.

Jury's still out on both of these guys, but I feel very good about Sanchez being the better QB.

Yeah, that's true. That's why I said at this point. Sanchez may have more upside but Henne has looked better thusfar. I'm not even going to go look at stats but I guarantee you Henne has much more favorable ones. Sanchez was a slower starter but then again he didn't have any time in the system so you have to see what happens.

Do I believe Sanchez will be better than Henne over the course of his career? Probably. Just not yet.

Archived