red sox starting out the season 4-8

Blackout

You're right to an extent, but your starting pitching which is supposed to be your strong point hasn't showed up...offense was going to take a hit this year anyway.

There are still 150 games left. Pitching will be fine. Offense has a few concerns, but it is still April.

12 games into the season is a good time to evaluate everything. That makes sense.

It's not much different than making predicitions in March, which we all have done. And two weeks in, I am on point.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just accept that this season will be a failure now? Rather than get yourself all excited and worked up and then crushed late in the summer?

It's not much different than making predicitions in March, which we all have done. And two weeks in, I am on point.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just accept that this season will be a failure now? Rather than get yourself all excited and worked up and then crushed late in the summer?

Someone is looking for a cookie ;)

Not a good start to the season.

They'll turn it around, the Yankees will lose a couple of games and there will be threads about firing Girardi and trading A-Rod.

trade the best 3rd baseman in baseball????

get out of here....now there will be some idiots clamoring about firing Girardi but I ain't one of them.

oh and i just saw David Ortiz got to 3rd base....must be a thrill for him since he'll likely never see that base again this year (unless it's in the sack)

Usually it's the Yankees that start out like this. A lot of us around here said that the Sox lacked offense and it has proven true so far.

The Sox bigger concern is that their supposed strengths, pitching and especially defense, are what are failing miserably. Pretty much everyone knew this team won't be scoring a bunch of runs any more already.

Nope

lets take a look at everyone's OPS+ from 2005-now since Zimmerman had that AMAZING 20 game rookie "season" in '05:

Zimmerman: 116 OPS+

A-rod: 156 OPS+

Longoria: 130 OPS+

Wright: 138 OPS+

baseball reference is your friend

Yes. Blackout's right. Longoria is probably the best 3rd sacker in the bigs right now. Including A-Rod. Depending on how the Rays do, he is a viable MVP candidate.

lets take a look at everyone's OPS+ from 2005-now since Zimmerman had that AMAZING 20 game rookie "season" in '05:

Zimmerman: 116 OPS+

A-rod: 156 OPS+

Longoria: 130 OPS+

Wright: 138 OPS+

baseball reference is your friend

oh and don't try to use "well OPS+ doesn't factor in stolen bases because A-rod and Wright crap over Zim in that category

Nope. (I wasn't being being serious, I know he isn't the best in baseball. He is better than Wright though.)

Archived