Don't expect to wait too long

Jets1Fan

later tonight...

My suspicions may just become a reality.

1. Haynesworth will be traded to Tennessee for 2nd Rd.er

2. Washington has fewest picks in this year's draft

3. Deep Offensive Tackle draft class for Wash

4. Wash trades down with the New York Jets

5. New York Jets select safety ERIC BERRY

This is what I've been posting/ranting/praying/wishing would happen, and I'm just gonna stick to my guns and hope that Rex and Tanny will do the same.

Here's to you Jets Fans!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

later tonight...

This is what I've been posting/ranting/praying/wishing would happen, and I'm just gonna stick to my guns and hope that Rex and Tanny will do the same.

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

For Jets scheme I like Safety Earl Thomas better than Berry.

Jets are not going to give up the picks required to move that far up. You would have to go into next year's draft and then you have a rookie safety paid among the elite safeties in the league. No thanks.

They moved up pretty far for Revis... that was an OK move... lol

Seriously though if Tanny wants a player, he will pay for them he does not care.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT---TANNE NEVER SLEEPS

The fact that Mike T never sleeps (along with every other GM), illuminates the fact to him that most analysts agree that the this draft is best valued in its depth, and that he can fortify his depth and special teams by acquiring picks and getting quality along with quantity.

If there's a trade up at all I see it being into the top of the second round. I'm sure somebody will slip to the second that the team likes, and the split between the first and second rounds means they get more time to talk trade after the first. It worked out pretty nicely with Shonn Greene last year. Plus they're already scouting guys who should be drafted in that range anyway (late first-early second) it seems pretty conceivable that they found more than one player they like there and want to get a couple guys in that portion of the draft.

If there's a trade up at all I see it being into the top of the second round. I'm sure somebody will slip to the second that the team likes, and the split between the first and second rounds means they get more time to talk trade after the first. It worked out pretty nicely with Shonn Greene last year. Plus they're already scouting guys who should be drafted in that range anyway (late first-early second) it seems pretty conceivable that they found more than one player they like there and want to get a couple guys in that portion of the draft.

agree...tanny history is one where he likes trade up on 2nd day of draft ..

They have not traded up in all those years of the draft.

And to suggest that because they did something in the past, that they are guaranteed to do it in the future is ridiculous.

Tanny trades up to get the guy he wants, it is safe logic to assume if he wants a player this year he will do the same.

later tonight...

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

I don't know if i am thinking crazy, but I thought it was a little odd to have a big draft party at the stadium with them picking near the end of the round, I have a feeling they may at least be seriously contemplating a move up.

Tanny trades up to get the guy he wants, it is safe logic to assume if he wants a player this year he will do the same.

What if there is no player that he logistically wants, or wants to pay the price to get?

What if he feels the player he wants is actually lower than 29?

What if he feels this team is "set", and he will allow the depth of the draft to work for him.

Your logic is of the premise, it rained on Tuesday, so it will rain next Tuesday, because that is what happens on Tuesdays.

I don't know if i am thinking crazy, but I thought it was a little odd to have a big draft party at the stadium with them picking near the end of the round, I have a feeling they may at least be seriously contemplating a move up.

opposite...

They know they are picking at end and will have everyone at party for many hours. Gives chances for players/admins/coaches to press flesh for that damn PSL drive :rl:

Or, they may be trying to get people out to see the stadium.

Not so strange of a marketing move.

What if there is no player that he logistically wants, or wants to pay the price to get?

What if he feels the player he wants is actually lower than 29?

What if he feels this team is "set", and he will allow the depth of the draft to work for him.

Your logic is of the premise, it rained on Tuesday, so it will rain next Tuesday, because that is what happens on Tuesdays.

damnit Scott, will you stop being so freakin logical ;)

bill+nye+science+guy.jpg

I don't think there's anyway Tanny makes such a move.

Tanny has avoided "mortgaging the fture" in making moves, including getting the Jets a franchise QB.

It will cost the Jets a future No.1 to get Berry and, honestly, Berry isn't worth a future No. 1. Heck, he's not worth a future No. 2 on top of what they would had to give up this year.

The Jets can get 2 starters or starter-standins with the 29th & 61st pick. I believe they'll stay there.

Tanny has avoided "mortgaging the fture" in making moves, including getting the Jets a franchise QB.

It will cost the Jets a future No.1 to get Berry and, honestly, Berry isn't worth a future No. 1. Heck, he's not worth a future No. 2 on top of what they would had to give up this year.

The Jets can get 2 starters or starter-standins with the 29th & 61st pick. I believe they'll stay there.

I think we stay at 29, and then trade up to top portion of 2nd round as we evaluate the draft board over-night.

I think we stay at 29, and then trade up to top portion of 2nd round as we evaluate the draft board over-night.

I can definitely see that.

The point is, IMO, the Jets are coming out of this draft with at least a 1st & 2nd round player.

The Jets have few holes and this is an opportunity to had quality rotation players/ future starters.

I will be disappointed if they move up. The need nor the value is not there.

Hopefully they field some calls from teams wanting their spot

I will be disappointed if they move up. The need nor the value is not there.

Hopefully they field some calls from teams wanting their spot

agree,,dont see us moving up in 1st round, UNLESS, there is a HUGE f**k up and the Jets have someone rated in Top10 who somehow falls into 20s. They wouldnt have to give up so much to move into 20s , as opposed to Top 10.

For Jets scheme I like Safety Earl Thomas better than Berry.

Why do you like Thomas better? What about him do you see fitting the scheme? I know he's not that much smaller than Berry, but most of the draft analysis I've seen questions Thomas' ability to play in the box. They dumped Rhodes because he was a non-hitting ***** that wanted to lay back in deep centerfield, I think they want more of a banger. Two undersized safeties is probably two too many.

They moved up pretty far for Revis... that was an OK move... lol

Seriously though if Tanny wants a player, he will pay for them he does not care.

They moved up 11 spots for Revis and it cost the 1st, 2nd and 5th and they got a 6th back. You are talking about moving up 25 spots to get the Redskins pick. If somebody drops I could see thme making a move, but not up to 4. They'd have to have a serious hard on for a move like that with a team already this solid.

Why do you like Thomas better? What about him do you see fitting the scheme? I know he's not that much smaller than Berry, but most of the draft analysis I've seen questions Thomas' ability to play in the box. They dumped Rhodes because he was a non-hitting ***** that wanted to lay back in deep centerfield, I think they want more of a banger. Two undersized safeties is probably two too many.

They moved up 11 spots for Revis and it cost the 1st, 2nd and 5th and they got a 6th back. You are talking about moving up 25 spots to get the Redskins pick. If somebody drops I could see thme making a move, but not up to 4. They'd have to have a serious hard on for a move like that with a team already this solid.

I think he is more athletic and Berry hasnt popped alot of scouts lately..we will see...

Kiffin genius/system may have made Berry.

Depends which move you mean. This scenario isn't exactly internally coherent. I like the move suggested by 1 a lot more than the one set forth in 2-5.

Archived