Jets (traded up) for RB, Joe McKnight

Integrity28

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps we should let things play out... we don't start playing game until September after all.

Crazy how quick so many fans go from singing "trust the braintrust" to "waaahhhhh whahahahaaaaaaaahahaha!"

Nobody here is ready to hang him. Just getting the noose ready ;)

WTF is this?

Why did we trade up for an undersized, injury prone RB that's neither strong nor very fast?

This draft turned from promising to crap in a heartbeat. I liked the first pick. And adding OL depth seemed like a good idea. Until I found out that Faneca was out. Vlad is not ready. But this last one was horrible.

I trust your opinion more than Tanny, Rex, Callahan and company when it comes to making decisions. Obviously these guys have had terrible results deciding to trade up to draft a particular player that they targeted.

Drafting best player available has worked for us in the past and it'll work here too. If Greene gets hurt next season we're no longer in a bad situation at RB.

I wouldn't call McKnight durable either

+1

and it looks like we drafted with the philosophy of taking the bpa on our board. problem people are having here is that they'r wenot used to seeing us not drafting for need. although cb could have been considered a need.....we didn't get an olb or de so peopel are thinking we dropped the ball. to the contrary i think we did a pretty good job. when all is said and done i trust rex to be making the right decisions for the team. he brought the team to the afc championship in his first year with a rookie qb and installed the number 1 defense in a year. i give him the benefit of any doubt until he proves otherwise

Agreed. I think the entire point of the offseason up until this draft was making sure not one single pick was made for need. As you said, the positions people keep harping on are OLB and DE, but its certainly overrated. At OLB the Jets still have Pace and Thomas, last year's starters, plus Taylor to help in the pass-rush, so that's already an upgrade. At DE, Ellis still continues to play well and the Jets did fine with a journeyman last year in Douglas, who is still available if the Jets decide to bring him back, plus they have Devito who has been a favorite of both of the last two Jets coaching staffs and earned himself an extension last year. While depth at DE may be a concern, there is no one position that the Jets desperately needed a player in this draft. It allowed the Jets go after the best guys on their boards and with how well the Jets scouting and drafting has been the past 4 years, I have no idea why anyone would think that's not a great thing.

I trust your opinion more than Tanny, Rex, Callahan and company when it comes to making decisions. Obviously these guys have had terrible results deciding to trade up to draft a particular player that they targeted.

Yeah, they've never made any mistakes. Nor could they. They are Jesus reincarnated. All three of them.:rolleyes:

Leon Washington was no Leon Washington either when the Jets drafted him in the 4th. Wasn't Washington's draft report almost identical to that of McKnight? Not to say he'll be as good, but the fact that he can't is quite the assumption.

Washington was great college player. McKnight was not and has been an underachiever from day 1.

He dances way too much and is slow. Kid is terrible imo.

You mean the creeping-up-on-30 Leon Washington coming off a double compound fracture, who hasn't been seen on the field since being carted off on a stretcher?

I know what Leons situation is. That doesnt mean we have to draft a ****ty, soft, slow back that dances like he's Reggie Bush...only half the speed.

Not trying to be negative, but McKnight isnt very good.

thats funny because most scouting sites have him down as having pretty good speed.

The way he dances he needs to have elite level speed. That stuff he did at USC will get him killed in the NFL.

Look at Bush, he cant even get away with his dance moves at this level and he's probably one of the fastest guys in the NFL.

In last years SB run the Saints went into the season with Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, Deuce Mcallister, and Pierre Thomas. Deuce got hurt and ended his carrier. Now keep in mind Greene runs like a maniac and Tomlinson is a bit older. Think will need to keep those guys fresh in a playoff run ? I do.

The Jets will not be getting rid of Leon so dont jump to conclusions. They especially wont be getting rid of him for late 4th round picks. It is possible they might get rid of him in a trade for another proven player. But not for 4th or fifth round draft picks.

In last years SB run the Saints went into the season with Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, Deuce Mcallister, and Pierre Thomas. Deuce got hurt and ended his carrier. Now keep in mind Greene runs like a maniac and Tomlinson is a bit older. Think will need to keep those guys fresh in a playoff run ? I do.

The Jets will not be getting rid of Leon so dont jump to conclusions. They especially wont be getting rid of him for late 4th round picks. It is possible they might get rid of him in a trade for another proven player. But not for 4th or fifth round draft picks.

yea smash-I can see the Jets carrying an extra RB instead of the 4 QB deal we used last year

Yeah, they've never made any mistakes. Nor could they. They are Jesus reincarnated. All three of them.:rolleyes:

Obviously they make mistakes... but Tanny has an exceptional track record when he targets a player and trades up to get him. I trust our brain-trust more than anybody sitting on their computer tossing out their comments.

Nothing.

Imagine what we could have done w/ all the high-end talent still available!

We can trade Washington for a pick and dont have to worry about a replacement for him while still picking up a need (hopefully safety help).

We've been talking all this time about Leon being potential trade bait, seems like our thoughts could be possible here dont you think?

yea smash-I can see the Jets carrying an extra RB instead of the 4 QB deal we used last year

Yep and remember the running game is our bread and butter.

Keeping all these guys is good strategy for a SB run. Im thinking will see a dynamic change to our offensive philosophy next year with alot more screens, alot more check downs, and alot more passes to RB's same way N.O. runs their offense. Its a perfect fit for Sanchez since I do not see him as a pocket type passer hes actully better on the run. Defenses are going to have alot to think about next year.

We can trade Washington for a pick and dont have to worry about a replacement for him while still picking up a need (hopefully safety help).

We've been talking all this time about Leon being potential trade bait, seems like our thoughts could be possible here dont you think?

nope not at this stage Villian. I would be shocked if the Jets traded Leon at this time.

Agreed.

We lost vs. the Colts in the AFC Championship game because of our lack of depth in our secondary, and our lack of depth (and age) at RB.

Lowery vs. Garcon = FAIL

Coleman vs. Collie = FAIL

Shonn Green gets injured and we had ONE option. Thomas Jones and his what 2? yards per carry in the post season.

The minute Greene left taht game, it was over.

I think carrying 4 RBs, all with varying degrees of versatility is a GREAT thing. I also think adding Holmes is huge for us, because if we end up in a shoot out, we can keep pace with a guy like him.

I don't love the McKnight pick... but I get it, and I don't think all the weeping going on right now is justified. Its not like the Schlegel pick for crying out loud.

Offense:

Sanchez

Brick

Mangold

Moore

Woody

Turner

Slausson

Ducasse

Holmes

Cotchery

Edwards

Brad Smith

Keller

Greene

LT

Leon

McKnight

Defense:

Kris Jenkins

Devito

Pouha

Ellis

Pace

Harris

Scott

Thomas

Taylor

Revis

Pool

Leonard

Cromartie

Wilson

That is a helluva lot of offense and defense right there... We went from a team that was built to win 13-10 last season to one that is built to win 27-7 this year.

I think the reality is this, we "could use" some help at S and DE, but we are NOT desperate for bodies... and its not as if a 4th round DE or S was going to start.

Yep and remember the running game is our bread and butter.

Keeping all these guys is good strategy for a SB run. Im thinking will see a dynamic change to our offensive philosophy next year with alot more screens, alot more check downs, and alot more passes to RB's same way N.O. runs their offense. Its a perfect fit for Sanchez since I do not see him as a pocket type passer hes actully better on the run. Defenses are going to have alot to think about next year.

I'm loving the direction this team is going-all we need now is a solid punter and for Folk to get back to (Pro Bowl) form

anyway....i don't see hoe poeple don't see this as a good move either way. is shonn greene gets hurt we are left with tomlinson and washington. what happnes if washington never really comes back from his injury? we are a team that LOVES to run the ball.....how can it come as a big surprise that we drafted a runningback considering the uncertainty at the position....just look what happened to us when greene got hurt in the colts game

Obviously they make mistakes... but Tanny has an exceptional track record when he targets a player and trades up to get him. I trust our brain-trust more than anybody sitting on their computer tossing out their comments.

I don't care who you trust. I offered my opinion. And that opinion is that he sucks. And people "sitting on their computer tossing out their comments" is pretty much the point of Internet forums. Or is it your position that we should agree with everything they do or shut up? (would be a pretty boring place if we did, imo)

anyway....i don't see hoe poeple don't see this as a good move either way. is shonn greene gets hurt we are left with tomlinson and washington. what happnes if washington never really comes back from his injury? we are a team that LOVES to run the ball.....how can it come as a big surprise that we drafted a runningback considering the uncertainty at the position....

I think, given our philosophy on offense, a 4th RB was a necessity.

Look @ the AFC Championship game.

Leon - OUT

Greene in the 2nd half - OUT

Thomas Jones - Ineffective

All we were left with was Woodhead and Brad Smith.

We lost that game because of a lack of depth at CB and RB.

nope not at this stage Villian. I would be shocked if the Jets traded Leon at this time.

I hear you, but at what stage do you trade him then? Its not like we were going to get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder for Leon. If we came away with a 4th or 5th with the talent still on the board and a RB in McKnight that if not for the enormous amount of talent this year could have easily been a 2nd rounder then I say that we really came out on top.

I don't care who you trust. I offered my opinion. And that opinion is that he sucks. And people "sitting on their computer tossing out their comments" is pretty much the point of Internet forums. Or is it your position that we should agree with everything they do or shut up? (would be a pretty boring place if we did, imo)

and he's offering his opinion. which is that he trusts the front offices opinions on a player more than random people on the internet who don't evaluate football players professionally for a living. i don't see why you are getting butt hurt over it just because he doesn't agree with what you are saying.

Drafting best player available has worked for us in the past and it'll work here too. If Greene gets hurt next season we're no longer in a bad situation at RB.

You don't trade up to take BPA though, you trade up because you are targeting someone in particular.

Archived