Jets (traded up) for RB, Joe McKnight

Integrity28

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus that kid on the practice squad that they were talking up all off-season... Chauncey Washington?

We're turning to USC for our offense these days. :lol:

Sanchez, McKnight, Washington. It's going to be hard to see Leon play for another team. It really is.

wait. what?

No DL? No Safety? No blocking TE? No 6th rounder? I dunno, Tanny...maybe going a little overboard with his power.

We're going to be a running team for a long time. LT is not going to be here forever. Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight baby.

i kno we need de depth help and all but at the end of the day our defense is #1 and adding a solid nickel in the first fills our biggest weakness (afcc game) i thought sapp would be nice but i think these last 2 picks r going to have a role for this sb push

wait. what?

No DL? No Safety? No blocking TE? No 6th rounder? I dunno, Tanny...maybe going a little overboard with his power.

Has he given us a reason to doubt him before? We had enough flexibility in this draft to make a luxury pick like this one, Tanny has said that all along.

I'm a bit surprised we didn't pick up a D-Lineman at all in this draft, but why do we need a safety and blocking TE? We already shored up our secondary with Cromartie, Pool and Wilson, we brought back Hartsock, we didn't need that 6th rounder.

Might as well go after a playmaker at RB, its a position where you can never have too many. We were one injury away from LaDainian Tomlinson (old) and Leon (injured) being our starting duo. I doubt Rex was comfortable with that.

I have a feeling we're going to be bringing in more UDFA's than any other team. That's where we'll really see Tanny do some grunt work.

yup. But If we trade leon for a 4th that team that does it is getting a steal....

If healthy, yes. With Leon coming off of injury, Jets would have to be thrilled with a 4th for Leon.

It's possible the Jets wait until Leon is fully healthy and practicing to trade him in order to get better value.

WTF is this?

Why did we trade up for an undersized, injury prone RB that's neither strong nor very fast?

This draft turned from promising to crap in a heartbeat. I liked the first pick. And adding OL depth seemed like a good idea. Until I found out that Faneca was out. Vlad is not ready. But this last one was horrible.

We run the ball and play great defense.

This draft aligns with that philosophy perfectly.

+1

and it looks like we drafted with the philosophy of taking the bpa on our board. problem people are having here is that they'r wenot used to seeing us not drafting for need. although cb could have been considered a need.....we didn't get an olb or de so peopel are thinking we dropped the ball. to the contrary i think we did a pretty good job. when all is said and done i trust rex to be making the right decisions for the team. he brought the team to the afc championship in his first year with a rookie qb and installed the number 1 defense in a year. i give him the benefit of any doubt until he proves otherwise

Perhaps we should let things play out... we don't start playing game until September after all.

Crazy how quick so many fans go from singing "trust the braintrust" to "waaahhhhh whahahahaaaaaaaahahaha!"

In my opinion, Joe McKnight is a steal where we got him. He is going to be a great change of pace back in pros. We are doing a good job of protecting ourselves against players in the last year of their contracts that are due to get big raises that we probably can't meet.

Archived