More Mike Florio bashing (how does this guy have press credentials?)

newjakecity

Something like this might be kind of funny (okay not really, more corny than anything else) if it came from a fan. It didn't. It came from somebody with press credentials.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/25/draft/2.html

Quote of the Week IV

"Feed your kids! Feed your kids! Feed your kids!''

-- A brief, but audible chant heard by profootballtalk's Mike Florio during the fourth round of the NFL Draft at Radio City Saturday as new Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie appeared in the hall. Cromartie has seven children by five (or six, depending on which report you believe) women.

Something like this might be kind of funny (okay not really, more corny than anything else) if it came from a fan. It didn't. It came from somebody with press credentials.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/25/draft/2.html

Quote of the Week IV

"Feed your kids! Feed your kids! Feed your kids!''

-- A brief, but audible chant heard by profootballtalk's Mike Florio during the fourth round of the NFL Draft at Radio City Saturday as new Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie appeared in the hall. Cromartie has seven children by five (or six, depending on which report you believe) women.

Reading is fundamental.

Thanks a lot my tiny brain didn't read that part :rolleyes:

Guess you think its professional for a supposed professional sports writer to start chants like that.

Douchebag.

Oh my god, this guy really doesn't get it. Einstein, re-read your original quoted area from the Peter King column.....slowly.

Guess you think its professional for a supposed professional sports writer to start chants like that.

Douchebag.

He enlarged it for you and you still didn't get it? Impressive. I tip my cap to you, sir.

The pertinent comment is-

Why does only Mike Florio find it pertinent to report this (although King picks it up), and others don't.

But we already know the answer to that.

He also reported about the chants of "She Said No" during each time the Steelers had a pick announced. Seriously some Jet fans go way too far trying to find reasons why the media is out to get them. The report was interesting because honestly it's a funny chant, if Cro was still a Charger you would all be laughing your asses off about this.

He also reported about the chants of "She Said No" during each time the Steelers had a pick announced. Seriously some Jet fans go way too far trying to find reasons why the media is out to get them. The report was interesting because honestly it's a funny chant, if Cro was still a Charger you would all be laughing your asses off about this.

People at Yankee games have also chanted "You did Steroids" to certain players.

It is neither clever, nor newsworthy, nor did anyone waste any space in reporting it.

I don't care when others say "bad" things about me team or players, but when you report no-newsworthy items, I question your agenda.

People at Yankee games have also chanted "You did Steroids" to certain players.

It is neither clever, nor newsworthy, nor did anyone waste any space in reporting it.

I don't care when others say "bad" things about me team or players, but when you report no-newsworthy items, I question your agenda.

sorry completely disagree. that's the problem with the news now a days. they interject their personal feeling. but this guy went step further, he abused his journalism badge, and made it personal. I don't care that tiger is out on the look out for strange, or cro knocking up 10 different women. they didn't break the law.

the difference between people at yankee games is that they are fans. as fans we have more of a right to say what we like.

and as far as the grammar police out. grow the f up dude. so someone made a mistake when they were typing. like it's never happened to you.

sorry completely disagree. that's the problem with the news now a days. they interject their personal feeling. but this guy went step further, he abused his journalism badge, and made it personal. I don't care that tiger is out on the look out for strange, or cro knocking up 10 different women. they didn't break the law.

the difference between people at yankee games is that they are fans. as fans we have more of a right to say what we like.

and as far as the grammar police out. grow the f up dude. so someone made a mistake when they were typing. like it's never happened to you.

Confusing heard with said is a grammar mistake? :confused:

Oh and it sounds like you agree Dierking more than you don't.

I'm annoyed, entertained, confused...am I being had? I've laughed out loud, stared in disbelief, even commiserated with the ill-informed. There's just way too much stupid goodness and mean-spirited judgemental-ality and utter disdain spiked with indignance and complete misunderstanding--all in one little thread. CAn I rep everybody? I want to rep everybody.

Douchebag.

repped!

that aten and his fancy reading comprehension stuff needed to be put in his place along time ago..

I'm glad somebody finally did it.

dude what are you talking about? me thinks there is more than one person in this thread who was somehow fooled here. newjake wrote this thread thinking that florio is the guy who started chanting "feed your kids, feed your kids". which is why people have been pointing out that it says he HEARD the chant not SAID the chant. so what really happened here is that florio heard a fan start chanting "feed your kids" briefly. newjake got confused and thought this article said that florio SAID the chant.....when what really happened is that he only HEARD the chant. there is no grammar mistake here.

How do I rep a post? I've never done it before.

dude what are you talking about? me thinks there is more than one person in this thread who was somehow fooled here. newjake wrote this thread thinking that florio is the guy who started chanting "feed your kids, feed your kids". which is why people have been pointing out that it says he HEARD the chant not SAID the chant. so what really happened here is that florio heard a fan start chanting "feed your kids" briefly. newjake got confused and thought this article said that florio SAID the chant.....when what really happened is that he only HEARD the chant. there is no grammar mistake here.

Everyone one who is confused please ignore this post. Clarification is the enemy of ignorance. And ignorance is funny.

Dammit, Neckdemon! This could have gone on for days! I guess it was only a matter of time before somebody reached their breaking point and spelled it all out clearly. Still, I think we could have had a great time following this stuff for a few more days. :D

Everyone one who is confused please ignore this post. Clarification is the enemy of ignorance. And ignorance is funny.

Dammit, Neckdemon! This could have gone on for days! I guess it was only a matter of time before somebody reached their breaking point and spelled it all out clearly. Still, I think we could have had a great time following this stuff for a few more days. :D

sry i thought it had stated to run it's course...........

Archived