Sick Jets Defense Vid!

villain_the_foe

Happened to come across this on Youtube. Im not sure if it was made from the same Jbro22 that roams Jetnation, but if it is I just wanna say GREAT JOB! One of the best defensive vids I've seen yet. If its not the same Jbro then someone is jacking your name sun lol.

6xLbqNJWESY

Amazing video, J-Bro did the damn thing!

I watched it twice. LOVE OUR DEFENSE!!! How sick are we gonna be next year!! Oh Em GEE Cant wait!

Excellent choice for song #1, artist and title s'il vous plait!

And in retrospect, I would have cut out the first half of the first play where the Texans RB takes us for 20 yards, and just left the part where Strickland brings the HAMMER.

I did see that you slid in my boy MIKE LOOOOOWERY looking quite awesome picking off those two INT's.

Still a great job though my dude. Question, where do you get your jet footage from?

Well, thats why it took me as long as it did to actually put together something like this. My first go was after week 1 with a Sanchez one I put together. Problem was that I was just ripping Sanchez clips from youtube and re upping them - a lot of the video quality was lost after I edited them and put em back on youtube. - So I was kinda turned off for a while.

BUT THEN - few months down the road and long off season ahead of me...

I did some research and downloaded this great Firefox Add-on that ripped the video from some NFL.com highlights - the HD versions of them. Those were crystal clear after I downloaded them.

I don't know the name of the Add-on I used off hand, I'll get you the name when I get home from work. I do know there is a bunch you can use.

---

The best part of doing something like this, it took hours. A lot more then I thought it would, and I still wasn't too happy with the final prodcut(hense not posting it here). But I got a whole new appreciation for the people that cut these and post em on youtube regularly.

As apose to the 2nd comment I got on Youtube 'Queerest Song Ever'.

It's like really man? You ****ing do a better job if you don't like the ****ing song I chose. Sorry I didn't pick Eye of the Tiger.

Well, thats why it took me as long as it did to actually put together something like this. My first go was after week 1 with a Sanchez one I put together. Problem was that I was just ripping Sanchez clips from youtube and re upping them - a lot of the video quality was lost after I edited them and put em back on youtube. - So I was kinda turned off for a while.

I did some research and downloaded this great Firefox Add-on that ripped the video from some NFL.com highlights - the HD versions of them. Those were crystal clear after I downloaded them.

I don't know the name of the Add-on I used off hand, I'll get you the name when I get home from work. I do know there is a bunch you can use.

---

The best part of doing something like this, it took hours. A lot more then I thought it would, and I still wasn't too happy with the final prodcut(hense not posting it here). But I got a whole new appreciation for the people that cut these and post em on youtube regularly.

It's like really man? You ****ing do a better job if you don't like the ****ing song I chose. Sorry I didn't pick Eye of the Tiger.

I feel you, its crazy how the haters just come out of nowhere. I just may make a vid myself. Never made one before.

I feel you, its crazy how the haters just come out of nowhere. I just may make a vid myself. Never made one before.

You running a Mac or PC?

If you got a Mac I suggest using iMovie instead of Final Cut. I learned the hard way by going the Final Cut route.

Oh and disclaimer, I did take a beginners Final Cut class a couple years ago while still in school so I had some knowledge on how to use it. But any semi tech savvy person should be able to figure out iMovie with a breeze.

Final Cut will give you more professional options, but for this type of thing iMovie is more than fine and much more user friendly.

Definitely an awesome video. As much as it makes you love the guys we do even more like Revis and Harris (that one-handed sack of Schaub still leaves me in awe, I replayed it four times), its cool catching a lot of the other guys making plays.

It's easy to figure out from this kind of stuff why the coaching staff loves a guy like Mike Devito. Dude is pure hustle and just keeps chasing down a play. It's unbelievable that as a DL he's all the way downfield making the fumble recovery against the Texans and again on the complete opposite side of the field from where he lined up recovering a fumble against the Raiders. There's a lot of stuff too easy to miss or that go by too quickly to really appreciate on game day.

Well done Jbro.

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the praise. It almost validates this Arts and Crafts degree I spent 4 years earning. Yeah I'm not making any money off of it, but the good folks at Jetnation enjoy what I'm doing.

Haha, kidding. But seriously.

---

odd to me someone focuses on the music with so much awesome to watch in it. Did a great job and I already watched it twice today, go's great with lunch.

First off great video...great quality. What are you using to edit?

Secondly upon further review, man Leonard & Lowery came up with big time plays at the end their so props to them..

Also thinking about it again man we dominated the first half of that indy game...even though we lost itll be a great learning expirence...

Lastly... REVIS IS THE SH*T.

odd to me someone focuses on the music with so much awesome to watch in it. Did a great job and I already watched it twice today, go's great with lunch.

Haha, Thanks.

Its funny, I did put a lot of thought into what songs I selected. I didn't wanna go with something unoriginal, I wanted to use something a little dirty and grimey. Anything that reflected our defense. Couldn't think of any rock songs at the time, I'm sure theres thousands that would have worked and probably hit the "target' a little better.

Any assclown can use Welcome to the Jungle, ya know.

First off great video...great quality. What are you using to edit?

Secondly upon further review, man Leonard & Lowery came up with big time plays at the end their so props to them..

Also thinking about it again man we dominated the first half of that indy game...even though we lost itll be a great learning expirence...

Lastly... REVIS IS THE SH*T.

Final Cut.

---

awesome vid! Thank you. I just want to know one thing.... WHERE'S THE BRIAN THOMAS HIT IN THE CHARGERS GAME?????

I was so hoping to see that. I still haven't seen it since that game. It was one of the best hits ever!

Great vid otherwise dude. I'm all pumped up now! Our D is sick!

Hey, While we're at it...

Here's the Sanchez one I was talking about earlier - notice the crappy quality. Also, note that I was the first person to use 'Empire State of Mind' in a highlight video. It was created on September 18th long before that song was being pimped in the World Series.

a-L-kn83I-A

And here's a link to my real first dabble into video 5 years ago...

http://vimeo.com/7767039

My Highschool football teams highlight tape. If you have a half hour to spare watching some random dude you know from the internet, enjoy. I'm number 46, look for me on the sideline... Should note that I shortened it from an hour and 20 just under half hour and added newer music to it.

awesome vid! Thank you. I just want to know one thing.... WHERE'S THE BRIAN THOMAS HIT IN THE CHARGERS GAME?????

I was so hoping to see that. I still haven't seen it since that game. It was one of the best hits ever!

Great vid otherwise dude. I'm all pumped up now! Our D is sick!

Haha, Thats why. I couldn't find it.

You running a Mac or PC?

If you got a Mac I suggest using iMovie instead of Final Cut. I learned the hard way by going the Final Cut route.

Oh and disclaimer, I did take a beginners Final Cut class a couple years ago while still in school so I had some knowledge on how to use it. But any semi tech savvy person should be able to figure out iMovie with a breeze.

Final Cut will give you more professional options, but for this type of thing iMovie is more than fine and much more user friendly.

I have a PC with windows 7. I was thinking to use Windows movie maker.

great job with this....and why again was it that Revis did not get DPOY?

Because the league didnt believe. Its funny how Revis had arguably the best season in the history of the position yet didnt win the DPOY....and to further add insult to injury is that they gave the award to another CB.

disgusting.

Its cool though. The Jets have 5 or 6 primetime games this year, and we'll be in Dallas in front of 100,000 displaying our 8 man blitzes because the QB cant throw pass Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

I'd call that great payback.

Because the league didnt believe. Its funny how Revis had arguably the best season in the history of the position yet didnt win the DPOY....and to further add insult to injury is that they gave the award to another CB.

disgusting.

Its cool though. The Jets have 5 or 6 primetime games this year, and we'll be in Dallas in front of 100,000 displaying our 8 man blitzes because the QB cant throw pass Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

I'd call that great payback.

I don't know about these 8 man rushes people keep talking about. BUT everyone kept saying that pass rush was this teams number concern on defense around draft time. I personally felt closing was the defenses biggest needs. Our playoff run made everyone forget that as great as this defense was, we lacked a knockout punch at the end of games.

Hopefully Kyle Wilson and Cromartie are that knockout punch that prevents those big gains that we gave up oh so many times at the 4th quarter was coming to an end.

my only complaint with these kinds of videos is the music_ I effin' hate that kind of stuff that everybody seems to put to these compilation videos. As far as the video content great stuff J-Bro

I don't know about these 8 man rushes people keep talking about. BUT everyone kept saying that pass rush was this teams number concern on defense around draft time. I personally felt closing was the defenses biggest needs. Our playoff run made everyone forget that as great as this defense was, we lacked a knockout punch at the end of games.

Hopefully Kyle Wilson and Cromartie are that knockout punch that prevents those big gains that we gave up oh so many times at the 4th quarter was coming to an end.

I think Jason Taylor is suppose to be that 4th quarter KO.

BTW, thanks for making the vids. I hope you keep 'em coming. If you're looking for some ideas the one below is one of my favorites for how well it's edited:

pkrz7sQw-g0

QB's running for their lives, big hits by EVERYONE, Revis making spectacular plays.....something about all this is surreal. The New York Jets, the # 1 defense by FAR, and getting BETTER? Never would have thought that was attainable.

Archived