I Guess The Jets Are Crazy

idahojetsfan

I Guess The Jets Are Crazy

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...nt-to-football

Ezeff gets chance to show commitment to football

Starting today and for the next three days, Marcus Ezeff can tell the New York Jets that The Rumor is unfounded. Contrary to what they may have heard, football is his love. Ezeff, the former Montgomery star, can tell the Jets five times a day in five different ways for the next three days that he is dedicated to the sport. It won

"It’s something I’ll always have' date='" said Ezeff, 5-foot-11, 220 pounds. "I mean, what kid would turn away from getting a degree at UC Berkeley?"[/quote']

The brain trust around here would, as long as it meant the opportunity to bounce around NFL practice squads for three years.

The brain trust around here would, as long as it meant the opportunity to bounce around NFL practice squads for three years.

lol, i doubt all the great "african-american studies" jobs would have not been snapped up in 3 years and that the school would have welcomed him to take that class at a later date. No way that degree gets him the kind of money right out of school that some type of nfl contract would.

lol, i doubt all the great "african-american studies" jobs would have not been snapped up in 3 years and that the school would have welcomed him to take that class at a later date. No way that degree gets him the kind of money right out of school that some type of nfl contract would.

He seems to be thinking about the long haul, he may get injured as a rookie. His knees may blow year three.

If it was me I'd take the NFL contract, however, I think that his decision also makes sense.

You can't really be hatin' on a guy because he put his education before the game can you? He has his priorities right.

True, because look how many of these guys come out early and either arn't as good as they thought they would be, or they get hurt and their career's are over just like that.

I'm not going to run the kid down for knowing his own mind, but I wonder if he made the correct decision-while still respecting his right to make it.

At issue was not that he would graduate, but when-one single course necessary for his major was given during football practice. He was an outstanding player in a school known for sending bucketloads of players to the NFL. If he skips the class he vastly increases his chances of getting drafted and likely becomes a millionaire overnight. He still has the option of taking the class in a later year.

If he doesn't get drafted or pass a tryout he can still take the course the next year, and everyone would understand. Assuming he doesn't get called up during the season for another tryout, (which might happen), I think he was undone more by his insistance of completing college in four years than by a class schedule conflict.

Remember, the other students in school were only trying to do one thing-graduate. He was trying to do two-graduate and go for the NFL. Something had to give somewhere-in this case it should've been the date of graduation.

Archived