New Jersey Is Forced to Pay $1 Million for Jets, Giants PSLs and Tickets

rowonejetfan

New Jersey Authority Pays $1 Million for Jets, Giants Tickets

Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A

By Dunstan McNichol and Adam Satariano

May 27 (Bloomberg) -- The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority spent almost $1 million to lock up season tickets for the New York Giants and Jets, seats that will be used by VIPs including elected officials.

The state agency secured 142 season passes in the National Football League teams

have you ever made a single football related post? or is it all just bitching about psl's?

Actually I do make football posts. But for some reason they are mainly between Sept and Dec.

Right now where my seats are, how does the 2014 SB bid help or hurt me and what jersey I will wear on opening day along with funny Rex Ryan quips is all I got.

However, NJ taxpayers buying PSLs is funny ****. I be mad as hell if I paid taxes in NJ

Actually I do make football posts. But for some reason they are mainly between Sept and Dec.

Right now where my seats are, how does the 2014 SB bid help or hurt me and what jersey I will wear on opening day along with funny Rex Ryan quips is all I got.

However, NJ taxpayers buying PSLs is funny ****. I be mad as hell if I paid taxes in NJ

just saying all i can ever recall is you complaining baout psl's one way or the other. personally i could care less about this. actually if it helps avoid a blackout by buying up some tickets then i'm all for it.

just saying all i can ever recall is you complaining baout psl's one way or the other. personally i could care less about this. actually if it helps avoid a blackout by buying up some tickets then i'm all for it.

Ok, Ok, I plan on making it up as I got seats right on aisle in the front in a TC section by LGL. I bought a new camera a few weeks ago with 10x zoom, panaroma, high speed shutter etc. My goal is to put up here all my digital shots for TDs or Revis etc. slapping it away when play is on my side. Should be amazing. Till them same old same old I bitch and moan.

I actually enjoy these PSL threads. Maybe it's just me.

Its not just you. The PSL threads hold my interest.

This one has a good angle...points out some obvious shenanigans (probably more than just NJ) when most state budgets can least afford. Must be nice to have a job where some of the spoils are picking what games to attend and who on staff "earns" the tix to the games you don't want to attend.

https://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NJSEA&cws=1&rid=52

Description

On a periodic basis, the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority (the Meadowlands Sports Complex) recruits and hires Event Safety Representatives for the New Meadowlands Stadium.

Interested persons should submit an application on line. The Human Resources department will contact applicants for an interview when there are job openings.

Please note the minimum requirements for the Event Safety Representative position:

[*]Be 18 years of age or older

[*]Possess a High School degree or a GED

[*]Able to read, write and speak English

[*]Capable of standing for up to eight hours in extreme weather conditions

[*]Able to tolerate great heights

[*]Able to work all Sundays during the football season

[*]Possess a reliable and practical means of transportation

[*]Possess a valid and current driver

This isn't even really that much about the PSLs, at least not in the traditional sense of how they affect fans. This is really about waste in state goverment and how it affects taxpayers.

xactly why it hold my interest...my take...the state created demand and drove up costs of PSLs for fans...plus the tax dollars used to buy tix for the fatcat pols came directly from the fans who may have had an interest in buying tix if it wasn't for the high taxes. Just one giant...

jerk.gif

First off, great post.

I was just thinking the same thing. How is it that New Jersey is taking tax money to pay for seats? If thats the case then those seats should be open to the public free of charge. However, that wont be the case. Politics and the bullshyte that comes with it I tell ya. This situation makes no sense and NJ residents should be livid right now.

I was laughing last night for no real reason everytime I said the sentence "must be able to tolerate great heights"

That is way to funny.

Let me use it in a sentence.

Friend: Hey buddy want to go to the Jets game with me on sunday I have seats in row 23 Upper Deck?

Me: Sorry I am unable to attend as I am not able to tolerate great heights.

I see a lot of PSL threads here but not a lot of PSL owners.

Are you going to continue this charade as PSL prices rise.

What about when they start making the old guys in the UD pay?

Will it be a new mutiny then?

Just seems like a pointless discussion. It happened, there's no going back, deal with it.

:cheers:

If you paid taxes in NJ, the state buying PSLs is the least of your worries.

bah--it'll all be fine. I mean, sure my kid's class has 34 kids in it, but there's safety in numbers I always say. Especially since municipalities in NJ are laying off Police Officers at an unprecedented rate--though its not that big a deal considering the bad economy probably will cause a reduction in crime once everything worth stealin is gone in a few months. But hey, the important thing is that we all banded together as a community and paid for PSLs against our knowledge. Children and public safety are way overrated anyway.

Archived