Ochocinco: "Revis won't hold out. I'd take a paycut to play aganist me"

flgreen

Chad Ochocinco says Darrelle Revis won't hold out from Jets because he'd miss chance to face WR

Ebenezer Samuel

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 4:00 AM

amd_chad_ochocinco.jpg Storms Media Group

Chad Ochocinco says Darrelle Revis won't hold out from the Jets.

<LI class="inform-logo-related last">

Chad Ochochinco appears to have cried wolf about a fight at a Manhattan nightclub on Sunday night. But the boisterous Cincinnati Bengals wideout definitely had some fighting words for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis at Rucker Park.

Ochocinco and Terrell Owens were on hand to promote their reality shows, which are airing on VH1 throughout the summer, and coach and play in the Entertainers Basketball Classic. But on Monday, Ochocinco couldn't help discussing Revis. First, he boldly stated that the Jets cornerback won't hold out this season - mostly because he might miss out on a chance to face Ochocinco. The Jets are scheduled to face the Bengals on Thanksgiving Day.

"He wouldn't hold out," said Ochocinco, who was held to two catches for 28 yards in the Bengals' playoff loss to the Jets. "Why would you hold out on an opportunity to play against me? That would be dumb."

"I'd take a pay cut to play against me."

He had plenty to say about Revis and the Jets, but remained mum when asked about the "fight" he tweeted about having on Sunday night. At about 1 a.m. that night, he tweeted: "Damn, I just got in a fight with the bouncer, them damn boxing sessions got me on point, at least the police let me keep tweetin in the car?"

Soon after, he followed up with this tweet: "Aww man NYPD is so awesome we are all headed to Starbucks after we drop the bouncer off at the police station for an assault on me."

The next morning, he claimed the entire thing was a joke in his final tweet on the matter: "lmao, that's the power of twitter, that was all a joke last night."

Ochocinco was asked about the situation three times on Monday, but he wasn't permitted to comment, with a PR person rushing in to end the discussion each time.

The Cincinnati Bengals declined comment, as did a VH1 representative. But NYPD officials told the Daily News they found no evidence that an incident had occurred.

"He made it up," a police source said.

Better rinse with Listerine or brush then.

Hes got a certain swagger I could see working for us.

We have enough swagger. Having his ignorant, attention whoring ass here would be overkill!

His whole VH1 show is a joke. He is a entertainer though.

That's really too bad, I was truly expecting a magnum opus of sorts from a VH1 reality show involving a professional athlete trying to find love.

I guess I'll be deleting it from my DVR now.

Im so sick of Ocho Cinco running his mouth. At this point he's highly annoying. His reality show is horrible btw.

at first i couldn't stand him, but he is slowly growing on me. i think this is all comic reliefe. i don't think he really believes half the crap he says. he's just clowning. making a very black and white nfl have some color.

at first i couldn't stand him, but he is slowly growing on me. i think this is all comic reliefe. i don't think he really believes half the crap he says. he's just clowning. making a very black and white nfl have some color.

At least some fans see him as I do. Now if he can walk the walk this season like he has talked the talk, and I'll be happy.

Chad Ochocinco says Darrelle Revis won't hold out from Jets because he'd miss chance to face WR

Ebenezer Samuel

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 4:00 AM

amd_chad_ochocinco.jpg Storms Media Group

Chad Ochocinco says Darrelle Revis won't hold out from the Jets.

<LI class="inform-logo-related last">

Chad Ochochinco appears to have cried wolf about a fight at a Manhattan nightclub on Sunday night. But the boisterous Cincinnati Bengals wideout definitely had some fighting words for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis at Rucker Park.

Ochocinco and Terrell Owens were on hand to promote their reality shows, which are airing on VH1 throughout the summer, and coach and play in the Entertainers Basketball Classic. But on Monday, Ochocinco couldn't help discussing Revis. First, he boldly stated that the Jets cornerback won't hold out this season - mostly because he might miss out on a chance to face Ochocinco. The Jets are scheduled to face the Bengals on Thanksgiving Day.

"He wouldn't hold out," said Ochocinco, who was held to two catches for 28 yards in the Bengals' playoff loss to the Jets. "Why would you hold out on an opportunity to play against me? That would be dumb."

"I'd take a pay cut to play against me."

He had plenty to say about Revis and the Jets, but remained mum when asked about the "fight" he tweeted about having on Sunday night. At about 1 a.m. that night, he tweeted: "Damn, I just got in a fight with the bouncer, them damn boxing sessions got me on point, at least the police let me keep tweetin in the car?"

Soon after, he followed up with this tweet: "Aww man NYPD jordans is so awesome we are all headed to Starbucks after we drop the bouncer off at the police station for an assault on me."

The next morning, he claimed the entire thing was a joke in his final tweet on the matter: "lmao, that's the power of twitter, that was all a joke last night."

Ochocinco was asked about the situation three times on Monday, but he wasn't permitted to comment, with a PR person rushing in to end the discussion each time.

The Cincinnati Bengals declined comment, as did a VH1 representative. But NYPD officials told the Daily News they found no evidence that an incident had occurred.

"He made it up," a police source said.

For some reason I always though he was more diesel then the pic shows

That's really too bad, I was truly expecting a magnum opus of sorts from a VH1 reality show involving a professional athlete trying to find love.

I guess I'll be deleting it from my DVR now.

Sue me I don't like Chad, an athlete that talks that much but can't deliver when it counts is not my cup of tea.

It's really not an odd thing to not be a Chad fan.

Ocho is just talking because of last season's epic failure. They had the chance to beat us two weeks in a row last year and the Jets stomped a mudhole in their asses both times. He's funny, don't want him on the Jets, we'll beat them again this year given the chance.

PS: To the Jets front office; PAY DOS QUATRO! We need him.

JaysJets

Yeah. This guy is NOT an attention whore. He's worse than a f-cking female. :rolleyes:

Everything he does is contrived. Everything. This is why I can't take him seriously or join the parade of OchoCino pole smokers. Nothing he does is genuine it's all for show. All to get attention.

OchoCinco.jpg

he goes to Vegas, strips down to his panties and socks and plays the slots, why even do that?

Archived