MEvis trade ideas

Larz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK

who doesn't get signed in this hard cap sport to make MEvis feel all warm and fuzzy inside ?

mangold or harris

pick one

Harris.

I'll keep Mangold and Revis thank you.

Seriously though, Should Revis make 16+mi? he SHOULD, but he wont...thats obvious. However, 12 mil a year with no guaranteed money isnt a contract that you present. They had a better chance of offering 10 mil with 5 mill guaranteed.

That's more reasonable then Mevis wanting Aso money IMO.

Absolutely right....but the FO's Job is to meet "in the middle". Offering a contract with no guarantees is the absolute opposite of what Revis is asking for. Thats not evening a negotiation. And for you to be okay for them screwing him because he didnt agree to it is kinda over the top, especially when you didnt like players or coaches screwing the Jets. Belicheat comes to mind.......TWICE.

"Mevis" wants may not be reasonable, but its not supposed to be, this is why negotiations are supposed to start. But from what I understand they've sent him multiple options and did not offer on any of them guaranteed money.

You cant expect Revis to do that after what everyone just seen happen to a Jets fav in Leon Washington. The Jets shouldnt have approached Revis with the option of being the best paid if they wasnt going to pay him. From what little info thats out there, what we DO KNOW is that the Jets never denied that they told Revis that they were going to make him the higest paid CB in the history of the game.

Now that situation, on top of the fact that your Head coach goes to bat for you against damn near the entire NFL for the correct reasons why wouldnt you hold out?

Dude, I dont like holdouts either, Im a fan...im not supposed to like it, but be serious. The Jets created this problem and if a trade comes out of this im going to be f**king pissed like nobodys business.

Trading Revis is NOT a consideration...especially over money that the Jets can ultimately pay.

They got over on Washington, they got over on the new contract for Ferguson, and with Mangold being a Center they'll be able to in a way get over on that contract of the fact that he's a center and thats not going to be an outrageous contract in comparison.

Pay Revis, period. If they were to trade him over this I would seriously stop rooting for this team. Its beyond stupid to even think about trading him.

So does that mean you are a revis fan mores so then a jets fan??? Asking, not being a smart a$$. Because there are players i root for on other teams to do well, but don't really like their teams. As far as keeping him, trading him, paying him, I'd say don't pay him yet and if he continues you have to put out feelers and see what we could get for him.

So does that mean you are a revis fan mores so then a jets fan??? Asking, not being a smart a$$. Because there are players i root for on other teams to do well, but don't really like their teams. As far as keeping him, trading him, paying him, I'd say don't pay him yet and if he continues you have to put out feelers and see what we could get for him.

Na, im not more of a Revis fan than a Jet fan. I dont really have like "a favorite player" on the team. I just like the Jets. However, If I feel that a player is wrong I'll say it, if I feel that an organization is wrong I'll say it.

I just think that the way the Jets went about this is wrong. Its not like at the end of the season Revis wanted a new contract, got pissed off and is on holdout. It was the Jets front office that bought this whole thing into existence. Revis IMO has a point, if you're going to tell him something then stick by it. Now he wants that new contract, and given his performance he should have one. I think everyone here agrees that a 10-13 million dollar a year contract would be good, but when you have a front office that promises that you'll be the highest paid in the league then why is it Revis getting the bad end of the stick by the fans when all he's doing is trying to keep the Jets at his word?

Over and over and over and over again people forget that the JETS bought this contract up....not Revis.

I just think that the way the Jets went about this is wrong. Its not like at the end of the season Revis wanted a new contract, got pissed off and is on holdout. It was the Jets front office that bought this whole thing into existence. Revis IMO has a point, if you're going to tell him something then stick by it.

What did the Jets say that they didn't stick with?

I really doubt Tanny ever told Revis he planned on making him the wealthiest CB ever or that the Jets plan to spend more money on him than Crazy Al is spending on Aso.

More likely the Jets approached it (as they should) for the prespective of we currently have in place a 3 year $21 million dollar contract lets convert that into a longer term contract.

For example say a 6 year $66 million dollar contract which would in fact be tacking Aso's contract onto the end of Revis and then doing some balancing accross the years.

What did the Jets say that they didn't stick with?

I really doubt Tanny ever told Revis he planned on making him the wealthiest CB ever or that the Jets plan to spend more money on him than Crazy Al is spending on Aso.

More likely the Jets approached it (as they should) for the prespective of we currently have in place a 3 year $21 million dollar contract lets convert that into a longer term contract.

For example say a 6 year $66 million dollar contract which would in fact be tacking Aso's contract onto the end of Revis and then doing some balancing accross the years.

Revis stated that the Organization approached him and told him that they wanted to make him the highest paid DB in the league and they wanted to get a deal done that will keep him a Jet for life. Revis made those comments and the FO didnt deny them when asked, better yet, the avoided they question all together for public record.

You can doubt it all you like, but if a player states something in a conference and the front office cannot say publicly that it wasnt true then I have no choice but to believe the player. I believe what Revis said because the Jets have yet to say that it wasnt true.

Harris.

I'll keep Mangold and Revis thank you.

Seriously though, Should Revis make 16+mi? he SHOULD, but he wont...thats obvious. However, 12 mil a year with no guaranteed money isnt a contract that you present. They had a better chance of offering 10 mil with 5 mill guaranteed.

lets just pray he doesn't wind up in our division

lets just pray he doesn't wind up in our division

Who Harris or Revis? It'll be bad if either one did.

Look, I'd love to keep Harris here. But I think you'd have a better shot at replacing the 3rd to 4th best MLB in the game in Harris than the Best Center or the Best Corner in the Game.

We have a sick line up, the best I think I've ever seen as a Jet fan and I dont want Harris to go anywhere...let me just put that out there. However, Revis needs to be at practice. This is where Wilson and Cromartie is supposed to gain that edge and learn from the best.

As the great Ray Lewis once said "If they cant score, they cant win". Revis makes that true, and I think even paying 16 million for a legit chance at multiple championships is not a ridiculous thing to do. If Im correct Revis isnt even 25 years old.

Na, im not more of a Revis fan than a Jet fan. I dont really have like "a favorite player" on the team. I just like the Jets. However, If I feel that a player is wrong I'll say it, if I feel that an organization is wrong I'll say it.

I just think that the way the Jets went about this is wrong. Its not like at the end of the season Revis wanted a new contract, got pissed off and is on holdout. It was the Jets front office that bought this whole thing into existence. Revis IMO has a point, if you're going to tell him something then stick by it. Now he wants that new contract, and given his performance he should have one. I think everyone here agrees that a 10-13 million dollar a year contract would be good, but when you have a front office that promises that you'll be the highest paid in the league then why is it Revis getting the bad end of the stick by the fans when all he's doing is trying to keep the Jets at his word?

Over and over and over and over again people forget that the JETS bought this contract up....not Revis.

I think the fans see this year being a once in a lifetime chance to have a shot at a superbowl. The jets went out spent some money, got some good players, made some smart choices in the draft, able to re-sign the guys we needed. And now that Revis is holding out we won't resign mangold or harris right away and revis is hurting the team. I know you have to worry about your business, but come on we are so freaking close to having our year.

As the great Ray Lewis once said "If they cant score, they cant win". Revis makes that true, and I think even paying 16 million for a legit chance at multiple championships is not a ridiculous thing to do. If Im correct Revis isnt even 25 years old.

The not-as-great JohnnyHector says that "if you have to surround your All-Pro CB with a bunch of guys making the league minimum because you signed him to a cap-crippling contract just to satisfy his ego, then you can't win."

Who Harris or Revis? It'll be bad if either one did.

Look, I'd love to keep Harris here. But I think you'd have a better shot at replacing the 3rd to 4th best MLB in the game in Harris than the Best Center or the Best Corner in the Game.

We have a sick line up, the best I think I've ever seen as a Jet fan and I dont want Harris to go anywhere...let me just put that out there. However, Revis needs to be at practice. This is where Wilson and Cromartie is supposed to gain that edge and learn from the best.

paying 16m to revis IS a rediculous thing to do.many problem with doing this.lets not forget that revis is not a free agent.he has 3 team friendly years on his contract.

when i was a kid,i made a living putting roofs on houses.i lost my job for horsing around on the job site.i called another roofing company that was hiring and laid on my sales pitch.the guy told me he is only authorized to pay $9 to start.without a job,i accepted.after my first day,it was obvious that i had "outworked that wage".the boss came to me later that day as he saw i knew what i was doing and said he was going to give me a raise.he said"hows $10 an hour sound"i said it didnt sound good and said i want $15 an hour.i knew i was worth $15 an hour,but decided to take $13 because at the time,i needed him as much as he needed me.

so,by this guy coming to me telling me he was going to give me a raise,makes him responsible for paying me more than he thought i had coming coming?

You guys are effing crazy.

He's the best player we've had in my lifetime, and suddenly he's the effing devil because he wants to the highest paid player at his position, which is something THAT HE DESERVES. You don't trade a Hall of Fame caliber player as he's entering the prime of his career. Did you forget why our defense is so good? It's because of Revis.

We could trade him for ten first round picks, select a corner with every single one of them, and guess what? We're not getting another Darrelle Revis. He's a generational player. You don't trade generational players. You give them whatever the **** they want and you do it with a smile. Unless you guys are enjoying the 40 years with no championships. I'm not.

P.S.: Please put f***ing in the filter.

Absolutely right....but the FO's Job is to meet "in the middle". Offering a contract with no guarantees is the absolute opposite of what Revis is asking for. Thats not evening a negotiation. And for you to be okay for them screwing him because he didnt agree to it is kinda over the top, especially when you didnt like players or coaches screwing the Jets. Belicheat comes to mind.......TWICE.

"Mevis" wants may not be reasonable, but its not supposed to be, this is why negotiations are supposed to start. But from what I understand they've sent him multiple options and did not offer on any of them guaranteed money.

You cant expect Revis to do that after what everyone just seen happen to a Jets fav in Leon Washington. The Jets shouldnt have approached Revis with the option of being the best paid if they wasnt going to pay him. From what little info thats out there, what we DO KNOW is that the Jets never denied that they told Revis that they were going to make him the higest paid CB in the history of the game.

Now that situation, on top of the fact that your Head coach goes to bat for you against damn near the entire NFL for the correct reasons why wouldnt you hold out?

Dude, I dont like holdouts either, Im a fan...im not supposed to like it, but be serious. The Jets created this problem and if a trade comes out of this im going to be f**king pissed like nobodys business.

I hear you Villain, I'm not for a trade or screwing anybody either.

Here is my problem, we don't know for sure what was said, or offered to Revis or Leon.

So I can't really jump to conclusions and get all over Tanny and the FO, because they have been doing a great job IMO.

What I do know for sure is Revis has said he wants crazy Al Aso money, and we both agree that would be ridiculous.

I understand there has to be negotiations, and I see Tanny has reached out to sit down with Revis and he has refused.

Add that to his not attending camp, and I'm sorry but I can't support that.

Revis wants allot, and he deserves allot, but he has to also give a little.

Despite what is being reported about the Jets offers which we really don't know for sure, Revis is not handling this well at all.

I like Revis, but the sh*t he pulled at the OTA's was deplorable, he needs work to wards making things right as well.

It's a two way street, we all know the Jets want Revis, but I don't expect them to cave if he continues to act like this.

They need to get together on everything, and I'm sorry but I see the Jets making more of an effort right now then I do Revis.

I want him extended and I want him to get a fair reasonable deal, but if this sh*t continues, I hope they sit on him for as long as it takes.

You guys are ******* crazy.

He's the best player we've had in my lifetime, and suddenly he's the ******* devil because he wants to the highest paid player at his position, which is something THAT HE DESERVES. You don't trade a Hall of Fame caliber player as he's entering the prime of his career. Did you forget why our defense is so good? It's because of Revis.

We could trade him for ten first round picks, select a corner with every single one of them, and guess what? We're not getting another Darrelle Revis. He's a generational player. You don't trade generational players. You give them whatever the **** they want and you do it with a smile. Unless you guys are enjoying the 40 years with no championships. I'm not.

Exactly....I understand being frustrated. But suddenly saying he's not that good anyway and can be replaced is absurd. Revis sint replaceable and the teams drops off significantly without him on the field playing one on one vs whomever.

He's the best player we've had in my lifetime, and suddenly he's the effing devil because he wants to the highest paid player at his position, which is something THAT HE DESERVES. You don't trade a Hall of Fame caliber player as he's entering the prime of his career. Did you forget why our defense is so good? It's because of Revis.

Put that in his contract: WE WIN A SB OR YOU GIVE THE MONEY BACK.

Fair enough?

I don't WANT to trade him

I also don't want to see his hold out effect this season as there may not be one next season, and this is a hard cap sport and we have about a dozen other impact players to sign

poor baby has bad timing, he had a career year the season before the CBA boogeyman comes to town

too bad for revis

boo fing hoo

Put that in his contract: WE WIN A SB OR YOU GIVE THE MONEY BACK.

Fair enough?

That wouldn't be fair to him, since his rookie contract had a clause in it that stated "SHOULD YOU BECOME THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AND THE BEST PLAYER THIS ORGANIZATION HAS SEEN SINCE JOE NAMATH, WE WILL LOWBALL YOU OUT OF GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE AND OUR UNGRATEFUL FANS WILL TURN ON YOU AT THE DROP OF A HAT".

That wouldn't be fair to him, since his rookie contract had a clause in it that stated "SHOULD YOU BECOME THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AND THE BEST PLAYER THIS ORGANIZATION HAS SEEN SINCE JOE NAMATH, WE WILL LOWBALL YOU OUT OF GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE AND OUR UNGRATEFUL FANS WILL TURN ON YOU AT THE DROP OF A HAT".

lol

how about he plays out his rookie deal, shows up for work and does his f***ing job ?

would you really give him 6 years / $96 million ?

for a corner ?

so who doesn't get signed next year, mangold or harris ?

lol

how about he plays out his rookie deal, shows up for work and does his f***ing job ?

would you really give him 6 years / $96 million ?

for a corner ?

so who doesn't get signed next year, mangold or harris ?

I haven't really been in the loop for a week or so. Did I miss the news that there's suddenly a salary cap again?

We don't have to make a choice between Revis, Mangold, and Harris. Even if there is a cap, we won't have to make a choice. How about not resigning Holmes or Braylon? How about cutting Kris Jenkins if we get another half-season out of him? Even if there is a cap, there are more options than just letting one of the "big three" walk. And, speaking of that big three, while Harris is awesome, he is ultimately replaceable. He's an amazing, All-Pro caliber player, but is he a Hall of Fame caliber player? No. And, yes, if you have no other option, you do let the All-Pro walk in favor of the Hall of Famer.

I think the fans see this year being a once in a lifetime chance to have a shot at a superbowl. The jets went out spent some money, got some good players, made some smart choices in the draft, able to re-sign the guys we needed. And now that Revis is holding out we won't resign mangold or harris right away and revis is hurting the team. I know you have to worry about your business, but come on we are so freaking close to having our year.

And what Revis is worried about is that if he helps in providing "that special year" without getting paid then he may not get what he's looking for afterwards.

If they promised him something the first time and it fell through what would make you think that they'd do something for him afterwards?

The not-as-great JohnnyHector says that "if you have to surround your All-Pro CB with a bunch of guys making the league minimum because you signed him to a cap-crippling contract just to satisfy his ego, then you can't win."

yeah, like Oakland is crippling. They're just drafting bad and has poor staffing for the most part i.e. Paul Hackett (though this year I like their QB and their draft class). Crippling is letting Lane Kiffin go and making a fool out of yourself with a lazy QB. Your saying isnt as relevant because the contract wont cripple the team and we both know it.

I hear you Villain, I'm not for a trade or screwing anybody either.

Here is my problem, we don't know for sure what was said, or offered to Revis or Leon.

So I can't really jump to conclusions and get all over Tanny and the FO, because they have been doing a great job IMO.

What I do know for sure is Revis has said he wants crazy Al Aso money, and we both agree that would be ridiculous.

I understand there has to be negotiations, and I see Tanny has reached out to sit down with Revis and he has refused.

Add that to his not attending camp, and I'm sorry but I can't support that.

Revis wants allot, and he deserves allot, but he has to also give a little.

Despite what is being reported about the Jets offers which we really don't know for sure, Revis is not handling this well at all.

I like Revis, but the sh*t he pulled at the OTA's was deplorable, he needs work to wards making things right as well.

It's a two way street, we all know the Jets want Revis, but I don't expect them to cave if he continues to act like this.

They need to get together on everything, and I'm sorry but I see the Jets making more of an effort right now then I do Revis.

I want him extended and I want him to get a fair reasonable deal, but if this sh*t continues, I hope they sit on him for as long as it takes.

I think that we do know what was said. Revis stated what was said and though the Jets didnt confirm it, they certainly didnt deny it. When the Jets said that they offered Leon 5 million I remember Leon on SNY saying that it wasnt true, that he didnt deny 5 million and didnt get a contract nowhere near 5 million a year. However, all we did was blame Leon and his agent. Now we're doing the same thing with Revis and his uncle.

Someone is lying here, and given that at the end of the day the organization ALWAYS holds all the cards I have to give Revis the benefit of the doubt...especially when the Jets FO has the opportunity to put the rumor to bed and didnt.

Wait. You're the one who said

Unless you guys are enjoying the 40 years with no championships. I'm not.

Your sarcastic comments, although humorous, are not applicable, unless you are making fun of your own point in which you implied that with Revis we will win a SB. That is just plain silly.

If the Jets don't win a SB next year, are you ok with revis pulling this sh*t again, asking for even more money?

I guess we're not crazy after all.

I haven't really been in the loop for a week or so. Did I miss the news that there's suddenly a salary cap again?

We don't have to make a choice between Revis, Mangold, and Harris. Even if there is a cap, we won't have to make a choice. How about not resigning Holmes or Braylon? How about cutting Kris Jenkins if we get another half-season out of him? Even if there is a cap, there are more options than just letting one of the "big three" walk. And, speaking of that big three, while Harris is awesome, he is ultimately replaceable. He's an amazing, All-Pro caliber player, but is he a Hall of Fame caliber player? No. And, yes, if you have no other option, you do let the All-Pro walk in favor of the Hall of Famer.

so he's a hall of famer now ?

yikes

and yes, virginia, every team in the NFL is going ahead like there will be penalties for abuse of the non-capped year in the next CBA. would you describe this off season as a spending spree ?

with brady and manning going into the final year of their deal unsigned ?

did they show up for work ?

what if they get hurt ?

didn't they see what happened to poor wittle leon ?

paying 16m to revis IS a rediculous thing to do.many problem with doing this.lets not forget that revis is not a free agent.he has 3 team friendly years on his contract.

when i was a kid,i made a living putting roofs on houses.i lost my job for horsing around on the job site.i called another roofing company that was hiring and laid on my sales pitch.the guy told me he is only authorized to pay $9 to start.without a job,i accepted.after my first day,it was obvious that i had "outworked that wage".the boss came to me later that day as he saw i knew what i was doing and said he was going to give me a raise.he said"hows $10 an hour sound"i said it didnt sound good and said i want $15 an hour.i knew i was worth $15 an hour,but decided to take $13 because at the time,i needed him as much as he needed me.

so,by this guy coming to me telling me he was going to give me a raise,makes him responsible for paying me more than he thought i had coming coming?

I see your point, but before I address that let me really address whats RIDICULOUS in the NFL.

Its ridiculous to make a rookie QB the highest paid player in franchise history (Sanchez) because the NFL has created a monster with these 1st round rookie contracts. This is how we have bust like JaMarcus Russell hurting teams for years after he's gone.

Its ridiculous to not be able to avoid the cap in order to pay a player that you originally drafted. Whats the point of drafting well year after year like Tanny has when you end up not being able to keep them all because you cant afford 16 million but some team like the Rams could...so they get your draft pick at the prime of his career and all you get is the bad taste of all the hard work that you put into a player tha is now tearing the league up for another team.

Its ridiculous that the players are looked at as greedy when everyday their talents are being pimped by organizations that have money to burn. Nothing is ever said about that. I never seen a player bankrupt a team because he was paid so much.

Its ridiculous how fans are so quick to turn on a guy which (and I dont think anyone could deny this) is the #1 reason why we even made it to the playoffs or as far as we did in the playoffs.

Now for your roofing job. I think thats quite different than Revis situation. Revis KNOWS that there's teams that would pay him 15 million right now. He makes any team a playoff contender and some other teams (like the texans) Superbowl contenders. You had to take that job because there's wasnt many other options out there for you so $13 was better than nothing. But in Revis case, he KNOWS that he can get pretty close to what he wants but he simply wants it from the team who promised it from him. And if they dont keep their promise then whats the point in loyalty when the organization can lie to your face and then smile at you?

Your sarcastic comments, although humorous, are not applicable, unless you are making fun of your own point in which you implied that with Revis we will win a SB. That is just plain silly.

If the Jets don't win a SB next year, are you ok with revis pulling this sh*t again, asking for even more money?

Honestly, we have a better chance of winning a SB with Revis than without him. That will be alot more 3 and outs which will give our offense more opportunities to put points on the board.

I actually spent some time today looking for an NFC team with some pass rushers and a need at CB to find a sensible trade proposal

but I always come back to the same problem

no one will trade for mevis and take on a 6 year 96 million dollar deal for a CB

it's just stupid

they'd have to give the jets two starters on defense and at least 2 first day picks for the jets to save face

oh well, now I can start following john connor

Honestly, we have a better chance of winning a SB with Revis than without him.

I agree. But my point is, all the money in the world in his pocket is not going to guarantee that. On the other hand, giving him a bag of balloons and telling him to take a nice long vacation doesn't guarantee we won't.

In any event, I don't think it's a legitimate argument to make in a contract negotiation.

Wait. You're the one who said

I guess we're not crazy after all.

The Colts could cut Peyton Manning and we could sign him and it still doesn't guarantee us a f***ing Super Bowl.

Are you seriously trying to say that the Jets have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl without Revis? Seriously?

This is a defensive minded team with a defensive minded head coach. But losing our best defensive player doesn't hurt our Super Bowl chances?

He's not looking for a f***ing one year contract anyway. Darrelle Revis gives us a better chance to win a championship for the next ten years.

so he's a hall of famer now ?

yikes

and yes, virginia, every team in the NFL is going ahead like there will be penalties for abuse of the non-capped year in the next CBA. would you describe this off season as a spending spree ?

with brady and manning going into the final year of their deal unsigned ?

did they show up for work ?

what if they get hurt ?

didn't they see what happened to poor wittle leon ?

No, he's not a Hall of Famer now. But if he continues his level of play for a few more years, you bet your a$$ he's a Hall of Famer.

I'm pretty sure Tom Brady and Peyton Manning aren't still on their rookie contracts, are they? Pretty sure they've already been paid hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Colts could cut Peyton Manning and we could sign him and it still doesn't guarantee us a f***ing Super Bowl.

Are you seriously trying to say that the Jets have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl without Revis? Seriously?

This is a defensive minded team with a defensive minded head coach. But losing our best defensive player doesn't hurt our Super Bowl chances?

He's not looking for a f***ing one year contract anyway. Darrelle Revis gives us a better chance to win a championship for the next ten years.

if Peyton Manning had Jerricho Cotchery to t hrow to he'd never lose another game

I agree.

Are you seriously trying to say that the Jets have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl without Revis?

No.

Seriously?

Seriously.

Doesn't guarantee our chances, either.

So Tannenbaum should offer him a ten year contract? He didn't honor the one he had for six.

Your turn.

Archived