MEvis trade ideas

Larz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't getting DeMarcus Ware or Haloti Ngata AND a draft pick, and most likely neither Dallas or Baltimore would trade young star for young star, especially with the amount of money that Darrelle covets.

We'll have to send him to some dipsh*t organization that will pay him the money he wants and who can give us a high 1st round pick. That will be the likely scenario. A 3rd round pick hopefully can be thrown in there, too.

I believe we could get MULTIPLE 1sts for Revis. Probably 2 1sts and a 2nd. No one is irreplaceable.

I'd like to see a player who could contribute this year, as the jets contract woes will only get worse next year

I'd like a DB back, a DE and a pick

We aren't getting DeMarcus Ware or Haloti Ngata AND a draft pick, and most likely neither Dallas or Baltimore would trade young star for young star, especially with the amount of money that Darrelle covets.

We'll have to send him to some dipsh*t organization that will pay him the money he wants and who can give us a high 1st round pick. That will be the likely scenario. A 3rd round pick hopefully can be thrown in there, too.

That would be brilliant! That way the Jets could pay some unknown rookie quantity all the money they refuse to pay a proven star in Revis.

That would be brilliant! That way the Jets could pay some unknown rookie quantity all the money they refuse to pay a proven star in Revis.

at least the rookie would show up for work :P

this is about the 16 million, don't be fooled by the leon stuff and the guarantee stuff, this is, as he said in his own words, making "a dime more" than nnammanmndi

I support the jets not paying him elite QB money, as he plays CB

trade him now, when teams will feel he can get in camp and contribute, and we can get players back and future picks.

As far as I'm concerned until he proves otherwise he is a 1 year star.

He was okay his first two years. Nothing special.

How much does it cost the Jets if Revis holds out?

ZERO DOLLARS!!!

So the Jets are getting nothing for nothing.

Plus, he won't even count on the 53 man roster because he'll be put on a special roster exemption list.

Trading him within the conference has to be considered because BAL needs cornerbacks right now. But Oakland has to be the first place he's shopped to. Let aldavis deal with the problem he partially created by overpaying Aso.

Trading Revis is NOT a consideration...especially over money that the Jets can ultimately pay.

They got over on Washington, they got over on the new contract for Ferguson, and with Mangold being a Center they'll be able to in a way get over on that contract of the fact that he's a center and thats not going to be an outrageous contract in comparison.

Pay Revis, period. If they were to trade him over this I would seriously stop rooting for this team. Its beyond stupid to even think about trading him.

Pay Revis, period. If they were to trade him over this I would seriously stop rooting for this team. Its beyond stupid to even think about trading him.

You're right, if he won't sign a reasonable deal they should screw him for the next 4 years.

You're right, if he won't sign a reasonable deal they should screw him for the next 4 years.

I say that they put a reasonable deal on the table first. 12 million with zero in guaranteed money in probably the most brutal sport in the world is no where close to reasonable.

But I guess organizations screwing their employees is something to root for....probably because we have to take it in our own lives so why should he bitch when he's making millions.

C'mon Brooklyn. I've had conversations with you. You know better than that bro.

I say that they put a reasonable deal on the table first. 12 million with zero in guaranteed money in probably the most brutal sport in the world is no where close to reasonable.

But I guess organizations screwing their employees is something to root for....probably because we have to take it in our own lives so why should he bitch when he's making millions.

C'mon Brooklyn. I've had conversations with you. You know better than that bro.

That's more reasonable then Mevis wanting Aso money IMO.

You guys have to be the most fickle mothereffers i've ever seen. One day he's your God and the next you want nothing to do with him.

Trading him is beyond moronic. Here's just a few obvious reasons why.

1) For starters, you will not get close to equal value. As has been mentioned, the whole point of the draft is to find studs LIKE Revis. A team can offer you 3 first rounders and you can still end up with 3 highly paid busts just as easily as you find 3 jags or 3 studs.

2) Revis's value to us is immense. This defense is built around a secondary that can cover. Our coaching staff has said as much. This is no secret to anyone. We could survive without the stud D-lineman and talented pass rushers because the secondary suffocated the receivers. We got raped against the colts because of the lack of corner depth and you guys want to trade the best one we have away?

3) You guys act like no one in history has ever held out in training camp before. When was the last time a guy sat out the entire year in his prime because of contract negotiations? He's not sitting out the whole year. And even if he did, he's just prolonging the amount of time until he's a FA. The Jets have the ability to hold his rights for the next 3 years (this season included). Have some patience. It might not get done until many days into camp, but he'll sign an extension or show up at some point under his current deal.

How much does it cost the Jets if Revis holds out?

ZERO DOLLARS!!!

So the Jets are getting nothing for nothing.

Plus, he won't even count on the 53 man roster because he'll be put on a special roster exemption list.

my take is the this is the tip of the iceberg with contract nonsense, and next year only gets worse,(mangold, harris, edwards, holmes etc) so get a body in here that is willing to play football and go for the lombardi before the lock-out

MEvis wants what the jets won't give him, I see this going a full year or more

trade him now, before the lost season, and go for the ring

For the record, I don't want to see Mevis traded.

All I want is to see him back in camp ASAP, so that he and the team can work out a reasonable deal that works for both parties.

Unilt that day comes, the Jets should focus on Mangold and Harris.

Lets hit up Cleveland again, get Eric Wright plus their first and second rounder next year.

Wright is the better tackler, but Revis is obviously the better cover man. If you compare their first two seasons (Prior to Rex helping Revis), their stats are almost identical.

They're the same age and Wright actually played for USC in 2005. In the Orange Bowl game he had a pretty big INT.

Rex can turn him into something close to Revis and if not we have 2 extra draft picks next year.

Archived