The City of Cleveland is a Roll of Toilet Paper this summer

nj meadowlands

New York Jets WR Braylon Edwards, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, ripped the city of Cleveland, saying people there did not accept him for who he is, according to Greg Bishop, of the New York Times. "There's nothing going on in Cleveland," Edwards said. "There's no real estate. There's no social life, no social networking. All the people who have something going on leave Cleveland. So Cleveland has nothing, and I came in there with a New York-type of essence. So what? That was the attitude I came in with. Like, this is who I am. They didn't like the flash."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0wDVmbae4

HAHA. So awesome.

New York Jets WR Braylon Edwards, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, ripped the city of Cleveland, saying people there did not accept him for who he is, according to Greg Bishop, of the New York Times. "There's nothing going on in Cleveland," Edwards said. "There's no real estate. There's no social life, no social networking. All the people who have something going on leave Cleveland. So Cleveland has nothing, and I came in there with a New York-type of essence. So what? That was the attitude I came in with. Like, this is who I am. They didn't like the flash."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0wDVmbae4

HAHA. So awesome.

Memo to Braylon- you were drafted by the Browns to play football, not social networking. Maybe he should have played basketball where this type of behavior was more acceptable.

Braylon was and still is a tool. Santonio is better than he is and I expect him to be signed by the Jets and Braylon to be gone.

Oh lighten up this is funny

I mean... I guess. But Braylon doesnt come out looking good in this. He looks like a fool. These are the reasons the Browns shipped him out.

And lets be honest...Braylon aint that good to be ripping an entire city. Santonio a lot better than he is and will be a Jet.

So he speaks his mind and he is a tool? You people are a bunch of ******* prudes.

Cleveland is a sh-tty city. I'm sure he was asked a question and he answered...

I like The Beard! Hope he breaks out this year.

So he speaks his mind and he is a tool? You people are a bunch of ******* prudes.

Cleveland is a sh-tty city. I'm sure he was asked a question and he answered...

I like The Beard! Hope he breaks out this year.

Read the entire article...he's a herb. WTF is a New York essence? Who the hell says that?

You can't expect a guy with a magnum load of d-bag inside him to do a total 180 in 12 months time.

Remember this was the guy that couldn't wait to hook up with Fairy Rhodes and when that's your kindred spirit - you're in for a hard life.

That isn't what we got after Rex & Co. were done explaining the ways of the new world to Edwards. We got a guy who for the most part keeps his mouth shut and does his job pretty good considering his dropsie issues. Also seems to leave it all on the field and delivers some punishing pops and blocks. Making these current a-hole comments is just a relapse into some old ways but I'm all for supporting the guy so long as he continues to do his job and put the Jets first.

Ive been to Cleveland for a Jets game..IT SUCKS... Edwards is absolutely right with his appraisal..If it wasn't for the R&R Hall of Fame they should bulldoze it into Lake Erie...The people are moronic, nasty and un-civilized. The town is dirty and scary ( think NY before Rudy )...Its a perfect place for a federal pen...I wouldn't go back there if you paid for my flight, room and drink...well, maybe drink, BUT THATS THE ONLY WAY...

tried to embed the youtube link to yakov smirnoff standup.

"When I got to America the first city I landed in was Cleveland. They made me feel right at home in Cleveland..so i had to escape again."

"I'm joking. Every Country has a city that they make fun of, isn't that right? In Russia, we make fun of Cleveland"

Memo to Braylon- you were drafted by the Browns to play football, not social networking. Maybe he should have played basketball where this type of behavior was more acceptable.

Braylon was and still is a tool. Santonio is better than he is and I expect him to be signed by the Jets and Braylon to be gone.

It's f*ckin corny, but wanna sig bet or something this? I think Edwards is going to be huge this year.

It's f*ckin corny, but wanna sig bet or something this? I think Edwards is going to be huge this year.

He's never going to cure the dropsies. Who do you trust more in a playoff game, Edwards or Holmes (who already has a Super Bowl MVP to his name)? Its no contest.

He's never going to cure the dropsies. Who do you trust more in a playoff game, Edwards or Holmes (who already has a Super Bowl MVP to his name)? Its no contest.

That's because everyone drops passes. There's no cure for it, and the only time anyone notices them is when it's happening to an extremely talented WR on a team that didn't win the SB.

As far as who I trust...Holmes' SB MVP 2 years ago means he won a SB MVP 2 years ago and little else...Edwards has been in the offense longer, isn't suspended for the first 4 games, didn't post a picture of his d*ck on the internet, and generally just has a bigger chip on his shoulder (ie. how strongly drops are held against him because everyone knows how talented he is).

Edwards to me is one of the more obvious breakout guys on the roster...It's not like there's any doubt that he's the most talented WR on the roster since Keyshawn.

That's because everyone drops passes. There's no cure for it, and the only time anyone notices them is when it's happening to an extremely talented WR on a team that didn't win the SB.

As far as who I trust...Holmes' SB MVP 2 years ago means he won a SB MVP 2 years ago and little else...Edwards has been in the offense longer, isn't suspended for the first 4 games, didn't post a picture of his d*ck on the internet, and generally just has a bigger chip on his shoulder (ie. how strongly drops are held against him because everyone knows how talented he is).

Edwards to me is one of the more obvious breakout guys on the roster...It's not like there's any doubt that he's the most talented WR on the roster since Keyshawn.

You think Braylon is more talented than Santonio? I strongly disagree with that.

You think Braylon is more talented than Santonio? I strongly disagree with that.

This is the NFL and Edwards has anywhere from 2-4 inches of height on him + weight + better leaping ability + better run blocker + 4.4/4.5 speed....yep. I just find Holmes to be really overrated...and I'm very happy he's the #3 WR rather than the go to guy.

This is the NFL and Edwards has anywhere from 2-4 inches of height on him + weight + better leaping ability + better run blocker + 4.4/4.5 speed....yep. I just find Holmes to be really overrated...and I'm very happy he's the #3 WR rather than the go to guy.

Height, weight and measurables are great. Problem is, Braylon runs terrible routes, doesnt have a knack for getting open and has concentration lapses at the worst times. He just isnt a very fluid receiver imo. His routes are herky jerky and just downright bad imo.

I think one Santonio suits up, he immediately is the Jets #1.

Who says Holmes is the # 3? I was under the impression that Cotchery will move to the slot once Holmes becomes available Week 5.

Who says Holmes is the # 3? I was under the impression that Cotchery will move to the slot once Holmes becomes available Week 5.

He's missing 4 games, Cotchery's been in the offense, Cotchery is really good, and Sanchez has worked with the other two more seriously. I also just buy Edwards more in the long run. I'm a sucker for prototypes.

Edwards, Keller, and the steady 800+ yards and 3-5 from Cotchery will carry our passing game the majority of the season. I expect them to do really well with Sanchez. Holmes should do it too, but in a Dante Stallworth mercenary speed WR type way.

Also, my boy Mangini sent him as a favor after allowing us our QB.

That is a pretty crappy comparison.

I agree. Its also dumb to suggest that "everyone drops passes". Braylon Edwards not only leads or is near the top in the league in drops routinely, but he also picks and chooses the worst time for drops (I.E. wide open TD's). There's no excuse for it. Give me the sure-handed Holmes any day of the week.

I agree. Its also dumb to suggest that "everyone drops passes". Braylon Edwards not only leads or is near the top in the league in drops routinely, but he also picks and chooses the worst time for drops (I.E. wide open TD's). There's no excuse for it. Give me the sure-handed Holmes any day of the week.

I agree the drops are terrible....there's also something that just seems to be missing with Braylon. Hard to put your finger on...but eveyrtime Sanchez threw in his direction last season, it seemed more often than not something bad happened.

Are you f***ing kidding me? Donte Stallworth? That's who you compare Santonio Holmes to? Have you ever watched him play?

Yes. How is that insulting? Stallworth's been a good WR on some good teams...never a true #1, but a good speed WR nonetheless. I don't think Holmes has ever been a true #1 in the league, and he couldn't even keep himself in check in an organization has well oiled as the Steelers.

I agree. Its also dumb to suggest that "everyone drops passes".

Except that everyones DOES drop passes...if you check out the yearly leader boards on drops you'd be surprised at how many elite WRs are up there.

Braylon Edwards not only leads or is near the top in the league in drops routinely,

Routinely as in the past couple years or....?

but he also picks and chooses the worst time for drops (I.E. wide open TD's).

How do you think it's stupid to suggest that "everyone drops passes" yet think it's entirely sane to suggest that Edwards PICKS his times to do it? And seriously...how long do you plan to hold the Buffalo drop against him? Was it so serious?

There's no excuse for it. Give me the sure-handed Holmes any day of the week.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

He's #3 on the list with 10...so....yeah...there goes that.

Do you see some of those names btw? Dwayne Bowe is nasty...Brent Celek is nasty...Clark is nasty...Louis Murphy was the most impressive rookie WR I saw last year...AJ...Moss...Gates...you're really going to sit here and tell me I should take drops more seriously?

The only reason there's "something missing" in Edwards is because he's clearly not played up to Braylon Edwards type levels the past couple years. Fortunately this is football and a mid-20's WR with his attributes and track record has a very good chance of breaking out in a situation like the one the Jets have put themselves in.

Tanny didn't say this about Edwards last night...but he mentioned how hard it is to find and get guys with prototype attributes (I think he was talking about Taylor, but w/e)....it's not easy to get WRs with Edwards' size, speed, power, leaping ability, and track record (which, believe it or not, goes back more than 2 years of struggling)...that alone brings him immense value (hence two draft picks for a supposedly mediocre player)...throw in that I think he's infinitely more mature than Holmes and I see Edwards as a keeper for the next 5 years.

Yes. How is that insulting? Stallworth's been a good WR on some good teams...never a true #1, but a good speed WR nonetheless. I don't think Holmes has ever been a true #1 in the league, and he couldn't even keep himself in check in an organization has well oiled as the Steelers.

Except that everyones DOES drop passes...if you check out the yearly leader boards on drops you'd be surprised at how many elite WRs are up there.

Routinely as in the past couple years or....?

How do you think it's stupid to suggest that "everyone drops passes" yet think it's entirely sane to suggest that Edwards PICKS his times to do it? And seriously...how long do you plan to hold the Buffalo drop against him? Was it so serious?

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

He's #3 on the list with 10...so....yeah...there goes that.

Do you see some of those names btw? Dwayne Bowe is nasty...Brent Celek is nasty...Clark is nasty...Louis Murphy was the most impressive rookie WR I saw last year...AJ...Moss...Gates...you're really going to sit here and tell me I should take drops more seriously?

Again...I'm always down to bet on Edwards' season. I'm expecting him to top 1,000 with 8-12 TDs....and for him to be the guy the Jets keep in the long run.

He had a horrific drop in the playoff game against the Bengals as well. If you consider Dwayne Bowe "nasty" then we have some serious difference in opinions on WR's.

I get you like Braylons size/speed combo...but he's an awkward player...his routes stink and just has an unimpressive feel for the game imo. I hope Im wrong, but I see Santonio has a much better player and the guy I expect to be here for the long haul. JMO. If Braylon duplicates his 2007 and goes off, I'll love every second of it.

Archived