Rex CALLING EVERYONE OUT!!!!!

visajets

It may come down to that. I recognize that.

But right now the Jets are both offering a much lower price, and looking to move in without much of a down payment.

Both sides need to negotiate.

Your position is that Revis is negotiating and the Jets are stonewalling him. The exact opposite is apparently the case. Revis has not come off his initial demand and has made no indication he is willing to accept 1 penny less. His entire stance is that he has been, is now, and will continue to be inflexible on the $16M per year number.

A negotiation requires 2 sides, not one. What's the point of offering up a guaranteed amount on a 10 year $120M contract if Revis finds even the total amount unacceptable?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not still in winter. It's the middle of August., half a year into it, and Revis's most recent "counter-offer" is the same as his original asking price. If you tried selling your house like that you'd have it on the market for 10 years and you would most definitely not sell it.

THIS is apparently how you think a house should be sold:

You: My house is on the market for $300,000. That is my asking price because my next-door neighbor found a desperate buyer who paid $299,000 a year and a half ago.

Buyer: Well, I just had it appraised for $240,000. I'd like to start negotiations with an initial offer of $220,000.

You: No. $300,000. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer. Also a guy around the block sold his for $210,000 and he doesn't even have granite countertops in the kitchen.

Buyer: OK maybe I started out too low. How about $250,000? Also, I have no problem coming up with the 20% down pmt needed to secure a mortgage. Hell, if needed, due to the lower appraisal, I could even come up with 25%.

You: No. $300,000. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer. Also, he got 30% down. I want 40% so you can get a mortgage on a $300,000 selling price.

Buyer: Well the economy's collapsed and the bottom fell out of the housing market. NO ONE is going to pay you $300,000. Still, I like the house. How about $270,000? We can discuss the down-payment amount once we've at least agreed on the total amount.

You: No. $300,000 with 40% down. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer.

Buyer: GFY.

biggrin.gif

LMAO at slats.

I don't think I was sober for ten minutes in the 80's. Young and wasted, though, I was probably having a good time. Loved a lot of the music, although the fashion that went along with it was horrible. The 70's and 90's did much better clothing-wise. I got stuck with parachute pants and skinny leather ties.

you see? THIS is why I love slats

Your position is that Revis is negotiating and the Jets are stonewalling him. The exact opposite is apparently the case. Revis has not come off his initial demand and has made no indication he is willing to accept 1 penny less. His entire stance is that he has been, is now, and will continue to be inflexible on the $16M per year number.

A negotiation requires 2 sides, not one. What's the point of offering up a guaranteed amount on a 10 year $120M contract if Revis finds even the total amount unacceptable?

Neither you nor I know exactly what Revis' stance is.

My position is not that Revis is negotiating and the Jets are stonewalling. My position is that Revis is well within his rights to holdout to get himself the best deal he possibly can - but that both sides need to negotiate. In no way, shape, or form do I think that Revis is 100% or even 55% in the right here. Both sides need to move to get something done. Either that, or it will be a loss for both sides.

Where I seem to differ with most fans here is that I think Revis is smart to not play for $550K this season with no guarantees going forward, but that doesn't mean I think he should get everything he's shooting for.

The Jets hold the cards here, so they're in better position to offer the olive branch. They can offer that in the form of a signing bonus now. They can say, "hey, if you accept this total package, we can give you a check for x amount today." That will help to move things along. They can also offer to backload a deal so that Revis can be paid handsomely now, and also get to say he got his half dollar more than Aso in average money. On a ten year deal, I'm not so sure that a deal averaging over $16M per is completely out of line, anyway. I imagine Aso's deal will be broken a few times over the next decade.

which is apparently what's going on-no movement since January from Revis' side and Tannenbaum tearing what little is left of his hair trying to figure out some way to make it work. What this is going to take is Darrelle is going to have to say that 'he' wants to be in camp and that his agents should make it happen. When Revis is ready to end the holdout next month this gets done-and it will.

which is apparently what's going on-no movement since January from Revis' side and Tannenbaum tearing what little is left of his hair trying to figure out some way to make it work. What this is going to take is Darrelle is going to have to say that 'he' wants to be in camp and that his agents should make it happen. When Revis is ready to end the holdout next month this gets done-and it will.

'Relle isn't coming down from his $16 million per guaranteed.

'Relle isn't engaged in negotiations, 'Relle is engaged in extortion. That's what hostage takers do.

the total amount is a fairy tale. all that matters is bonus. It's true both sides need to negotiate, both sides are coming off looking like tools... but we don't know that the Jets offered 0 bonus and we don't know that Revis demanded not a penny less than 16. We don't know either of those facts to be true.

All we really know is Revis isn't happy, hes not in camp, and that's not the way to win a Super Bowl.

the total amount is a fairy tale. all that matters is bonus. It's true both sides need to negotiate, both sides are coming off looking like tools... but we don't know that the Jets offered 0 bonus and we don't know that Revis demanded not a penny less than 16. We don't know either of those facts to be true.

All we really know is Revis isn't happy, hes not in camp, and that's not the way to win a Super Bowl.

'Relle isn't happy.

Actually, we do know that his agents want the 10 years, $160 million because his agents said it. We also know Revis wants to be paid more than Asomugha because he said it.

I don't understand how people think the media blitz and hardknocks is hurting negotiations. If anything it's gonna wake Revis up and get him more involved, which is exactly what Tanny needs. Revis has been hiding behind his agents this whole time, eventually he'll get the itch.

Is it just the blank check revis people that think all this is hurting? Because then I'd have to say that at this point in your argument for Revis you've completely lost sight of the situation and are rooting for Revis' wallet just to say 'I told you so' on the Internet.

Rex Ryan Is the best thing to happen to the jets ever... bold statement but its true... We never had a kick a$$ coach that actually talks the talk and walks the walk.. He has changed the mindset of this entire franchise.. Air raids coming back? yup and I loooooove it!! I was so pumped for that patriot game and with the sirens going off..it was great... I mean we are the Jets.. so iar raid is perfect... They changed the air raid sound later in the year and it sounced crappy... im glad here back to the original...

btw..its in the new madden lol

He's a funny guy, but Rex has about $20M guaranteed coming his way right now. Revis has $550K.

Wow...you arent even fun anymore.

And BTW, he said he'd swap contracts of what was offered to Mevi$...it was a light joke/jab at how much his star player is turning away to play the game we all love.

Lighten up Francis. I know you love the NY Mevi$s...but some of us like to talk about the NY Jets.

Rex Ryan Is the best thing to happen to the jets ever... bold statement but its true... We never had a kick a$$ coach that actually talks the talk and walks the walk.. He has changed the mindset of this entire franchise.. Air raids coming back? yup and I loooooove it!! I was so pumped for that patriot game and with the sirens going off..it was great... I mean we are the Jets.. so iar raid is perfect... They changed the air raid sound later in the year and it sounced crappy... im glad here back to the original...

btw..its in the new madden lol

And you thought it was going to be Darren McFadden

;)

it was a light joke/jab at how much his star player is turning away to play the game we all love.

How sure are you about that last part? I've never really seen anything that would indicate that Revis loves football. It seems to me that he sees his job the same way that I see mine: it pays, and I like it well enough, but I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have to. And that's fine, but my question for the pay Revis lunatics would be why, exactly, are we in such a huge rush to put him in a position not to have to?

How sure are you about that last part? I've never really seen anything that would indicate that Revis loves football. It seems to me that he sees his job the same way that I see mine: it pays, and I like it well enough, but I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have to. And that's fine, but my question for the pay Revis lunatics would be why, exactly, are we in such a huge rush to put him in a position not to have to?

What does one do to indicate they love football? Seriously?

You're acting as if he's Eddy Curry here.

I'm not, thats why I said "we"...not Mevi$. That kid is a punk and he's definitely not passionate about Football or he'd be there with his teammates trying to win the ultimate prize (which has nothing to do with money). As much as it pains me to quote Warren Sapp, he said it best and anyone that has played organized sports know this...the game is extension of you and the team is your family, there should be no place you would rather be then in the locker room and on the field with your family.

Archived