Rex CALLING EVERYONE OUT!!!!!

visajets

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Rex took exception to Revis' ******* doosh agent calling out the owner and GM that finally gave him his shot as a head coach... stupid agent... you don't want to draw the ire of Rex.

Like most things, Rex wants to handle this like a man. I'm relieved by this even though it is blatantly ALL for the cameras... tune in tonight to HBO.

I love how Rex took exception to Revis' ******* doosh agent calling out the owner and GM that finally gave him his shot as a head coach... stupid agent... you don't want to draw the ire of Rex.

Like most things, Rex wants to handle this like a man. I'm relieved by this even though it is blatantly ALL for the cameras... tune in tonight to HBO.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a live negotiation on Hard Knocks.

You know what kind of ratings that would draw?

Its a good move. By canceling practice and having the whole team there It makes Revis face the fact that he is putting himself above the team. But still lets him know that the team wants him. Rex is much smarter than he looks.

Thats the message he was sending when he said it. I also like how he basically said, how can anyone take the word of scumbag agent over the guy that signs everyone on this teams check who's trying to build a champion.

Do you want Rex coaching a football team or trying to crunch contract numbers?

I want two sides actually negotiating in good faith instead of being stuck in a "he said/she said" type battle. Even if you are on the "Give Revis a blank check" side, having a face to face with all possibilities seems to be the only way the differences can be resolved. If this doesn't go down, I have to really question even more than I have already, the agenda that is being driven.

I want two sides actually negotiating in good faith instead of being stuck in a "he said/she said" type battle. Even if you are on the "Give Revis a blank check" side, having a face to face with all possibilities seems to be the only way the differences can be resolved. If this doesn't go down, I have to really question even more than I have already, the agenda that is being driven.

I'm sure the Jets hitting up every media outlet known to man didn't help negotiations much.

If anything, it set them back.

Both sides need to step back and reevaluate the way they are going about this.

"This is what I would like to have happen: have everybody put their cards on the table," Ryan said. "Have Darrelle come here with anybody he wanted, and we'll have Mr. Johnson here. In fact, this is the way I would handle it: we’ll call off practice, we’ll have our whole team there."

They need to get to this point eventually. Hopefully it comes before the season opener.

Revis definitely needs to say he's willing to come in for less than Aso money, but the Jets need to offer an actual signing bonus, too. Revis is right not to accept a Brick deal.

I'm sure the Jets hitting up every media outlet known to man didn't help negotiations much.

If anything, it set them back.

Both sides need to step back and reevaluate the way they are going about this.

They weren't getting anywhere by keeping it quiet either. The Jets have never gone public with contract negotiations since Mike Tannenbaum joined the front office (spanning five different head coaches, and two general managers he worked under before he eventually took the reigns). I believe (and this is just my opinion) that they went public because they felt that the negotiations weren't going anywhere (i.e. the Revis team sticking firm to the highest paid corner demands and not taking a penny less) and felt like pressure needed to be applied in order for this to happen.

When you look at the history of this front office with these agents (and frankly their dealings with other teams such as the San Diego Chargers) and I don't think its hard to see why this happened.

They need to get to this point eventually. Hopefully it comes before the season opener.

Revis definitely needs to say he's willing to come in for less than Aso money, but the Jets need to offer an actual signing bonus, too. Revis is right not to accept a Brick deal.

That must have hurt. I bet this is like when you finally had to sell that old Volvo with the Mondale/Ferraro sticker on it.

: )

They weren't getting anywhere by keeping it quiet either. The Jets have never gone public with contract negotiations since Mike Tannenbaum joined the front office (spanning five different head coaches, and two general managers he worked under before he eventually took the reigns). I believe (and this is just my opinion) that they went public because they felt that the negotiations weren't going anywhere (i.e. the Revis team sticking firm to the highest paid corner demands and not taking a penny less) and felt like pressure needed to be applied in order for this to happen.

When you look at the history of this front office with these agents (and frankly their dealings with other teams such as the San Diego Chargers) and I don't think its hard to see why this happened.

But the approach failed miserably. It muddled the situation more, causing both sides to start calling each other liars.

With that said, I think it's fairly obvious that the media blitz directly correlated to the new stadium/back page/Hard Knocks angle.

If Mr. T had never had any bad dealings with a player taking his in-house approach, why did he go for the hail mary with the franchise's most talented player since Namath? It just doesn't add up to me. Mr. T isn't a stupid man, so I'm left thinking that Woody was behind it. Thus, it was carried out in a sloppy fashion, making matters worse than they already were.

That must have hurt. I bet this is like when you finally had to sell that old Volvo with the Mondale/Ferraro sticker on it.

: )

I've been saying that from the onset. People claiming that I'm not paying attention just haven't noticed.

Revis should be saying, "Where's the Beef?" when talking about this mysterious 10/$120M deal.

But the approach failed miserably. It muddled the situation more, causing both sides to start calling each other liars.

With that said, I think it's fairly obvious that the media blitz directly correlated to the new stadium/back page/Hard Knocks angle.

If Mr. T had never had any bad dealings with a player taking his in-house approach, why did he go for the hail mary with the franchise's most talented player since Namath? It just doesn't add up to me. Mr. T isn't a stupid man, so I'm left thinking that Woody was behind it. Thus, it was carried out in a sloppy fashion, making matters worse than they already were.

So do you think if this whole thing hadn't gone public that a deal would be in place (or even imminent)? I certainly don't.

I've been saying that from the onset. People claiming that I'm not paying attention just haven't noticed.

Revis should be saying, "Where's the Beef?" when talking about this mysterious 10/$120M deal.

Revis is on record that he won't accept less money per year than Aso makes. Your argument is that he is lying about this. Without believing that Revis is lying on this point your argument does not make sense.

So your whole argument is that Revis doesn't always tell the truth and often makes claims as gamesmanship and then you believe everything he says on other issues such as guaranteed money. So Revis is merely posturing when his words go against you, but he is honest and not posturing when he is with you.

Lets find some common ground. I say the 80s were better in all ways than today's america. Including the Wendy's commercials, but not limited to that.

Revis is on record that he won't accept less money per year than Aso makes. Your argument is that he is lying about this. Without believing that Revis is lying on this point your argument does not make sense.

So your whole argument is that Revis doesn't always tell the truth and often makes claims as gamesmanship and then you believe everything he says on other issues such as guaranteed money. So Revis is merely posturing when his words go against you, but he is honest and not posturing when he is with you.

Lets find some common ground. I say the 80s were better in all ways than today's america. Including the Wendy's commercials, but not limited to that.

You can't be serious. Are you lying when you set an asking price for your house? No, you're setting a point for negotiations to begin. You may want something close to that number, and you may even drive a hard bargain, but bottom line is you're going to sell. I believe that will be the case with Revis. He should hold out for everything he can get -he's come this far- but in the end I think he'll take an offer as long as it's close enough.

The guaranteed (read: bonus) money will have to be there, though. I don't think he'd do 10 years/$160M without some real money upfront.

I don't think I was sober for ten minutes in the 80's. Young and wasted, though, I was probably having a good time. Loved a lot of the music, although the fashion that went along with it was horrible. The 70's and 90's did much better clothing-wise. I got stuck with parachute pants and skinny leather ties.

You can't be serious. Are you lying when you set an asking price for your house? No, you're setting a point for negotiations to begin. You may want something close to that number, and you may even drive a hard bargain, but bottom line is you're going to sell. I believe that will be the case with Revis. He should hold out for everything he can get -he's come this far- but in the end I think he'll take an offer as long as it's close enough.

The guaranteed (read: bonus) money will have to be there, though. I don't think he'd do 10 years/$160M without some real money upfront.

I won't argue semantics with you. I used the word lying to refer to your opinion that Revis was knowingly telling an untruth when he said he would not settle for anything less than Aso money. You object to the term lying, fine, tell me what word you prefer and I will use it.

Moving on, you have consistently stated that Revis was knowingly telling an untruth when speaking of his demand for 50 cents more than Aso money. But then when Revis and his agents say he was not offered guaranteed money you believe the same source you don't believe regarding the need to beat Aso money.

There is an obvious contradiction there.

I don't think I was sober for ten minutes in the 80's. Young and wasted, though, I was probably having a good time. Loved a lot of the music, although the fashion that went along with it was horrible. The 70's and 90's did much better clothing-wise. I got stuck with parachute pants and skinny leather ties.

We're not still in winter. It's the middle of August., half a year into it, and Revis's most recent "counter-offer" is the same as his original asking price. If you tried selling your house like that you'd have it on the market for 10 years and you would most definitely not sell it.

THIS is apparently how you think a house should be sold:

You: My house is on the market for $300,000. That is my asking price because my next-door neighbor found a desperate buyer who paid $299,000 a year and a half ago.

Buyer: Well, I just had it appraised for $240,000. I'd like to start negotiations with an initial offer of $220,000.

You: No. $300,000. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer. Also a guy around the block sold his for $210,000 and he doesn't even have granite countertops in the kitchen.

Buyer: OK maybe I started out too low. How about $250,000? Also, I have no problem coming up with the 20% down pmt needed to secure a mortgage. Hell, if needed, due to the lower appraisal, I could even come up with 25%.

You: No. $300,000. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer. Also, he got 30% down. I want 40% so you can get a mortgage on a $300,000 selling price.

Buyer: Well the economy's collapsed and the bottom fell out of the housing market. NO ONE is going to pay you $300,000. Still, I like the house. How about $270,000? We can discuss the down-payment amount once we've at least agreed on the total amount.

You: No. $300,000 with 40% down. My next-door neighbor got $299,000 and my house is nicer.

Buyer: GFY.

biggrin.gif

Moving on, you have consistently stated that Revis was knowingly telling an untruth when speaking of his demand for 50 cents more than Aso money. But then when Revis and his agents say he was not offered guaranteed money you believe the same source you don't believe regarding the need to beat Aso money.

There is an obvious contradiction there.

:rolleyes:

It's negotiation. If you want to call that lying, go for it. Then everyone who's ever bought or sold a car is a liar.

I believe Revis' camp on the guaranteed money largely because the Jets have confirmed that fact with their, "we'll talk guarantees after we agree on total compensation," line. They are telling you very clearly that it's true, they have not offered anything in terms of a signing bonus yet. So in that instance, it's the Jets I'm believing. They've leaked the 10 year, $120M contract that Revis supposedly turned down, if there was any significant signing bonus associated with that deal, I'm 100% certain that would've been leaked, too. The Jets are working hard to paint Revis as greedy here, and would not pass on another opportunity.

Don't really need to look much past D'Brick's extension and his paultry $1.6M signing bonus to understand that the Jets aren't offering much to Revis up front.

Buyer: GFY.

biggrin.gif

It may come down to that. I recognize that.

But right now the Jets are both offering a much lower price, and looking to move in without much of a down payment.

Both sides need to negotiate.

Archived