wes welker is a stud

jgb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFl doesnt have HGH testing do they?

HGH testing is fairly new tbh...it's probably not even used by any of the sports leagues yet...even then do you really think the NFL cares about star players taking PEDs? Steroids "ruined" baseball for many but the NFL just gets stronger...

Dante Jones ftw

I have never been that excited for a pick, ever. I thought Wallace was such a steal and couldn't believe that kid fell that far after leading Cuse that far along. Then we traded him to Toronto for another pick and I thought we made the biggest mistake when he played well the next year. Then we resigned him. Then we traded him for Erick Strickland. Just too much of an up and down rollercoaster for a player who never did anything.

No. Not really. Players like Reddick kill you at the college level because the talent level is spread so thinly that it enables players like Reddick to take advantage of the fact that 9/10 teams can't stop high screens; similarly to why Williams has been competitive every year since forever running the secondary break. This isn't news or anything, and most people know this.

uhhhhh

he implied JJ when in college, not when he is in NBA

What was the furthest the team got during his run?

Are we really arguing that Reddick is a great player? Who cares how good he was in college?

John Wallace says whats up

uhhhhhhhhh

because that was what statement was about...

Some of us also look at college ball..

we all know he hasnt been good in NBA

I have never been that excited for a pick, ever. I thought Wallace was such a steal and couldn't believe that kid fell that far after leading Cuse that far along. Then we traded him to Toronto for another pick and I thought we made the biggest mistake when he played well the next year. Then we resigned him. Then we traded him for Erick Strickland. Just too much of an up and down rollercoaster for a player who never did anything.

Oh god. I forgot the Knicks got Wallace back.

Who was the stiff we drafted from Minnesota?

The NFL does not condone this type of stuff...surely they would have found him if he did pull that kind of stunt and been correctly punished...nobody has a better steroids policy than the NFL...the only guys who do this stuff is fodder like Erik Ainge.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but New England is one of the "glamour" teams in the NFL and more Pats fans identify with Wes Welker than any other player on their team. What makes a bigger story: Welker coming back on his own, Welker being out, or Welker being caught with dirty pee on his way back?

Also, when the injury happened, it was so severe that it was many experts were all but convinced that he at best wouldn't be back until midway through the season. Seems a little suspicious that this many doctors would be wrong.

What was the furthest the team got during his run?

Are we really arguing that Reddick is a great player? Who cares how good he was in college?

John Wallace says whats up

i do not follow or care for nba at all so i only care about college.

I'm pretty sure I still have a John Wallace jersey packed away somewhere. #-o

It could've been worse... we could've been the team that had the best player in 'Cuse history who squandered his all-World talent by being a fat, lazy, drunken slob.

I'm pretty sure I still have a John Wallace jersey packed away somewhere. #-o

It could've been worse... we could've been the team that had the best player in 'Cuse history who squandered his all-World talent by being a fat, lazy, drunken slob.

DC could have been the best ever if wanted it.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but New England is one of the "glamour" teams in the NFL and more Pats fans identify with Wes Welker than any other player on their team. What makes a bigger story: Welker coming back on his own, Welker being out, or Welker being caught with dirty pee on his way back?

Also, when the injury happened, it was so severe that it was many experts were all but convinced that he at best wouldn't be back until midway through the season. Seems a little suspicious that this many doctors would be wrong.

How many Doctors actually examined Welker or were present during his knee surgery?

Many seems like a lot.

chrebet and welker both great ballplayers...

could it be welker puttin up better #s cause he has Brady or he is just better? Tuf to tell...

better #'s cause he has brady and moss..

he lead the league in a whole lot of nothing without them

• 4 months later...

Hate the patriots but how can you not help rooting for welker? Was

told he was too small, too slow and too short to play in the nfl and

has only led the league in catches three yrs in a row.

Destroys his knee and people say he's done since his entire game is

predicated on quickness and quick cuts and only seven months later he

is back.

I laugh at my fellow jets fans who denigrate welker but idolize wayne

chrebet. i love chrebet too but let's be real: wayne chrebet wishes he was a poor man's wes welker.

Actually, a better time for you to start this thread would've been at 11:30pm on Monday, December 6th. How DO you negative rep somebody? Anyone?

And for you to definitively say that Wes Welker is better (let alone WAY better, like you seem to indicate) that Wayne Chrebet is assinine. Completely different teams, different systems, different everything. What is your next post?

"Adrian Murrell couldn't hold Danny Woodhead's jock"?

Actually, a better time for you to start this thread would've been at 11:30pm on Monday, December 6th. How DO you negative rep somebody? Anyone?

so you're upset because i was months ahead of consensus opinion? yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

LOL

I don't know what's funny... The Pats offense has certainly been better, because Moss quit and they've changed their game plan, but Welker is having his worst year statistically since joining the Patriots.

He has more TDs, but significantly less yards, first downs, his lowest YPC, and the least receptions by 25.

I don't know what's funny... The Pats offense has certainly been better, because Moss quit and they've changed their game plan, but Welker is having his worst year statistically since joining the Patriots.

He has more TDs, but significantly less yards, first downs, his lowest YPC, and the least receptions by 25.

You'd have to go back to Cotchery's 2007 season to find a Jets receiver with as many catches as Welker has had this season. His TD's in this, his down year, are the same number as Braylon Edwards' and his yardage is close. If Welker was a Jet, we'd canonize him.

You'd have to go back to Cotchery's 2007 season to find a Jets receiver with as many catches as Welker has had this season. His TD's in this, his down year, are the same number as Braylon Edwards' and his yardage is close. If Welker was a Jet, we'd canonize him.

If Welker was a Jet, he'd suck.

Brady vs. Sanchez, really?

And, the point was that Moss definitely made Welker much better.

If Welker was a Jet, he'd suck.

Brady vs. Sanchez, really?

And, the point was that Moss definitely made Welker much better.

Actually, I think Welker is exactly what Sanchez is missing. True, Brady is a billion times better than Sanchez, but Welker is always open 7 yards away from the QB's face. I could complete 70 passes to Wes Welker.

I don't want to parachute into the Moss conversation at this point. I think you dudes have gone over it hardcore these last few pages.

Actually, I think Welker is exactly what Sanchez is missing. True, Brady is a billion times better than Sanchez, but Welker is always open 7 yards away from the QB's face. I could complete 70 passes to Wes Welker.

I don't want to parachute into the Moss conversation at this point. I think you dudes have gone over it hardcore these last few pages.

I think a lot of that has to do with Brady as well. I'm not saying Welker's not good, I'm saying his production took a hit without moss, as many people expected.

Welker is a JAG and he's not near the same player without Moss. Every single one of us who made that claim is 100% right. When you start to compare a WR to Jerricho Cotchery...you just entered JAG zone.

First off, the Pats offense is no better or worse without Moss. 2 of the 3 games they had with Moss, they scored 38pts. The one game they lost with Moss, to the Jets, they scored 14...who scored those TD's you ask? Moss and Welker. What's going to happen if the Pats go down early in a game and they dont have the big play threat at all on their team? Will they miss Randy...I think so

This season Welker has zero 10 catch games, one 100 yard game, and only scored in 3 games without Moss. He's had his lowest statistical year since being with the Pats and he's pretty much a one trick pony. Nothing he does scares you. He's not a game changer, he's not a deep threat, he's a good little player that benefits from Tom Brady's dink and dunk mentality. There's easily 25 players in the league that could so the exact same thing. Hell, Danny Woodhead could do it.

Hate the patriots but how can you not help rooting for welker? Was

told he was too small, too slow and too short to play in the nfl and

has only led the league in catches three yrs in a row.

Destroys his knee and people say he's done since his entire game is

predicated on quickness and quick cuts and only seven months later he

is back.

I laugh at my fellow jets fans who denigrate welker but idolize wayne

chrebet. i love chrebet too but let's be real: wayne chrebet wishes he was a poor man's wes welker.

You can in no way be a jet fan with what you said about Chrebet. Total douche thing to say, and totally untrue. Spygate and cheating year round has a great effect on getting average recievers open, (Welker) doesnt it? Its obvious your about 12 and never really watched Chrebet play. Welker couldnt tie Wayne's cleats.

Jets already had a Welker type WR , his name was Wayne Chrebet and he had better hands

If that entails shooting him with a cannon, I'm all for it.

You can in no way be a jet fan with what you said about Chrebet. Total douche thing to say, and totally untrue. Spygate and cheating year round has a great effect on getting average recievers open, (Welker) doesnt it? Its obvious your about 12 and never really watched Chrebet play. Welker couldnt tie Wayne's cleats.

ya because it's impossible to think that any player on another team is better than a jet and still be a jets fan. :rolleyes:

re-read the first post in the thread. let's not forget that welker is coming back from a horrific injury after only 8 months rehab.

Archived