Jay Mariotti arrested on felony charge

Ranger

Call me an *******, but I smiled when I read the title:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jay-Mariotti-arrested-on-felony-charge-after-domestic-incident.html

Jay Mariotti arrested on felony charge after domestic incident

Sports columnist Jay Mariotti, a prominent ESPN and AOL Fanhouse employee, was arrested on a felony charge in Los Angeles following a domestic disturbance involving his girlfriend, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Per the report, Mariotti was assigned a $50,000 bail.

Mariotti is on the popular ESPN "Around the Horn" program, and has a reputation for his strong opinions.

He has previously worked for the Chicago Sun-Times, the Denver Post and the Cincinnati Enquirer.

According to the Times, Mariotti got in an argument with his girlfriend at a Santa Monica club with the argument spilling over to their apartment in Venice before an alleged physical incident transpired.

It is easy to sit back anonymously and judge others. It is usually those at the bottom that judge those above them harshly.

Marriotti was among the self-appointed scolds of the sports media that writes column after column from his moral high horse about the evils of PEDs, Bonds, Clemens, et al.Heck with guys like him and Lupica the columns at this point are like color by numbers easy. Bonds and Clemens are bad guys, do have huge egos, used PEDs and lied about it. But in the grand scheme of things a few dumbass jocks are nothing compared to a scumbag who beats up his wife or girlfriend.

Archived