Kellen Clemens Roster Status

Maxman

NYPost_Hubbuch The #Jets keep sabotaging any chance of trading Kellen Clemens. HBO cameras caught an 'X' (as in gone) by his name on Tannenbaum's board!

I wanted to freeze that part but I didn't. I thought they would have made it so you couldn't have seen anything too revealing. This is interesting, anyone catch it?

While it's very possible Clemens is a goner, I'm not sure the interpretation of this is completely correct, and with two games still left to go I really doubt final decisions have been made on most of these guys. Consider for a moment, that part of this is also looking at the card color and related info. Consider that Clemens has a yellow card with a red dot, which is assumed to have some sort of meaning towards his roster status. However, the same color and dot are present on Drew Coleman who just received a signing bonus and had his entire years salary guaranteed, so he's not going anywhere. Wayne Hunter, the Jets main backup at OT is the same, and I seriously doubt he's going anywhere, and is very likely to stay on the team as the backup OL with Turner and Vlad.

I just can't imagine the Jets allowing any definitive plans they had to be allowed to show up on television, as it could only serve to hurt them.

It just hit me, seems like that the yellow card and/or red dot represent the Jets RFAs, considering the people who you can see on the board with those.

I also never saw a pic that had an "X" next to Clemens name. Can anyone confirm that?

In this pic:

4929406724_be9ce5217b_z.jpg

You can see the X next to Kellen's name, but you also see that there's only three QB's listed - O'Connell is no where to be found. Gone too is Jason Davis.

In this pic:

4929406724_be9ce5217b_z.jpg

You can see the X next to Kellen's name, but you also see that there's only three QB's listed - O'Connell is no where to be found. Gone too is Jason Davis.

Oh ok, there it is, thanks. Although those points you make are interesting. Also this picture proves that the card colors have absolutely nothing to do with a players roster status, you can see what they all mean in the upper left hand corner, it's their contract status.

Also considering that there's an "X" column on the far left, I'm wondering if those are the more definitive cuts while the other marked ones are possibilities they were looking at. I can't see the names on that list, but I'd be curious to see if that's where O'Connell and Davis ended up.

Im not saying that Clemens is our best option, but old man river hasnt shown jack sh*t from what Ive seen and/or read.

Clemens is a veteran presence, knows the system, I do not see why its a lock that we are getting rid of him like that. Again, Brunell hasnt really shown anything. I just dont understand all this talk, does Clemens make alot of money..WTF..

How do you even know it's the depth chart? It might just be who is running with the 1s, 2s, etc that day or that practice. Richardson wasn't a RFA. Too old.

Well in the clip they were discussing who are locks to make the roster and the bubble players so I don't think it's outrageous to make the assumption they were setting up a hypothetical depth chart.

I just went back and checked. Mike T says "let's see if we can cut to 53"

Well in the clip they were discussing who are locks to make the roster and the bubble players so I don't think it's outrageous to make the assumption they were setting up a hypothetical depth chart.

If it's a depth chart, why is Jason Davis listed as #1???????

If it's a depth chart, why is Jason Davis listed as #1???????

There are two clips. The one I was talking about was the one where Mike T is at a white board where you can't see names, really. This is the one where the x by Kellen is visible. This is the one I was saying might be a hypothetical depth chart.

There's another one where the camera just pans over a few names where there are no markings or "x's" to speak of. This one I don't think means a depth chart and it was old since Aaron Kia's name was listed.

Well, I would expect some artistic license. If they were going to give the full depth chart on television I'd be super pissed.

Looks like Hubbuch is full of sh*t, tbh. Chronologically, there were at least 4 QB on the board. Then it seems like they put an X by Clemens name and removed OConnell. To me that means they had a decision to make between those two, put an X by Clemens (meaning he's the one they kept) and removed OConnell. Seems like common sense to me, am I wrong?

Well, I would expect some artistic license. If they were going to give the full depth chart on television I'd be super pissed.

My thoughts at the time was that Mr. T suggestion was a little contrived...if they are smart enough to lobby to get on the show that have to realize some of the pitfalls...

A more interesting question .... was Revis on the board?

Are they making plans based on the idea he will be back, or putting together the 53 with the expectation he won't be.

Not that it would mean anything definitive on when the hold out ends, just some insight on Tanny's current expectations, by the folks who are actually in the know.

aaron kia is on the board

it's old info or they are more retarded than we imagine :lol:

It probably is old.

We know HBO holds material and cuts it in as they see fit based solely on the shake weights segment. Those weights showed up at camp on day one (as reported by the local beat), but didn't make Hard Knocks until the second episode.

Archived